Message from TripAdvisor:

Origin Beach Resort
Atlanta
“Hidden fees!?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

Booked through booking.com, thought it was a bargain at $68/night. Surprised to find out about the nonrefundable $42/night cleaning fee, bumping up the price to $110/night. How much cleaning are they doing for $168??? No services / cleaning was made during our 4 night stay... The room was ok clean, but could have needed some renovating considering how much they charge for just "cleaning".
Overall, with the same budget, I would have chosen a different hotel.

2 Thank IronAtlanta
OriginGM, General Manager at Origin Beach Resort, responded to this review, 15 October 2011
Dear IronAtlanta,
I'm sorry to hear you did not realize you were booking a reservation at a condominium. The description provided by Booking.com does state we are a condominium. Their site also details the additional fees charged at check-in. Even with the additional fees you will not find a better rate, we are very competitive. I encourage everyone before making reservations with a wholesaler to call us directly. We will always match or beat any rate.
Robert Owens, GM
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2011

My wife, two kids and mother-in-law went for a 3 day weekend to PCB. I had read up and the property and knew some of the fees. To my surprise, they are running a special over the phone for a no-fee package. We got a wonderful King efficiency and loved it. Our room was very clean and in order. We were greeeted lat on Thursday by a friendly gentleman at the front desk. The whole stay was wonderful. We spent most of our time shopping nearby and the beautiful pool. We have found our new PCB getaway.
Our only issue was the shower head was very low flow. The tub pressure was fine but the head was poor. It only affected me because the rest of the family use the tub.

Room Tip: Go high up and facing front beach road
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Shane H
Dear Shane H,
Thank you very much for your nice comments about your past stay with us. I hope you will stay with us again when visiting Panama City Beach.
Best regards,
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

For a hotel room, it wasn't bad, clean place to spend the night. BUT, this is not a hotel as I found out later, this is a CONDO for 188.00 dollars for one night. It was horrid. It was listed in hotels on Orbitz (until you were ready to book it for for 88 dollars then it said condo and did discribe the extra cost when you scroll down), (my mistake after booking rooms and traveling for several years, you think when you click "hotel" on the reservations, you expect hotel, not a condo that charges more for maid fees and insurance than they do for the room). The room it'self my opinion was comparable in floor plan to most hotels I have stayed in for 48 to 90 dollars. The hallways were narrow and nothing to write home about. The parking spaces were marked off for small cars. Athough they may meet minimum standars and codes for parking, for a CONDO, I would expect more than just meeting minimum standard. In fact The whole experience was like they were shooting for minimum standards. The head board was not attached to the bed, but bolted to the wall. The toilet seat was thin plastic. The sliding glass door to the patio took both my wife and me to push it open. The furniture was scratched but functional. Honestly, I was suprized to see the TV not cabled to the wall. There was internet access, but by cable, not WIFI, limiting where you could use your lap top. I couldn't go out on the padio or pool side. WIFI was available, but only in the lobby. As far as the staff, If your going to charge people as much as the Hyatt Regency on Capital Hill, the staff should be falling all over themselves to help you like they dd when I stayed at the Hyatt Regency on Capital Hill. I saw patrons pushing their own luggage on luggage trollies. The desk staff, I am sure, couldn't tell you if I was male or female. The staff at Waffle House is much nicer and they charge much less

Room Tip: if you want a clean place at a good price, do not go to Orign At Seahaven
3 Thank Timmi A
Dear Timmi A,
My apology that you did not enjoy your stay. I always stress to guests who book through wholesales to ready the "Terms and Conditions" compeletely. All additional fees charged at check-in are detailed on their site. I'm sorry you did not realize your were booking a condominium. The description of our property is clearly described as a Condominium on their "Description" tab and stated in several places. Regarding our rates: even with the additional fees are rates are extremely competitive and typically one of the most economical on the beach. Before booking any reservation with a wholesaler you should always call the property first. We will always match or beat any rate offered.
Regards,

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Leoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

I have stayed at the Origin at Seahaven twice before this summers trip. The first time I stayed here the building was still very new. And the price was much better then as well. So this last spring when we started looking for a place to stay at the beach I recommended that we all stay at the Origin since I had stayed there before. There were three different groups going to travel with us and I told them this place was very nice and we should stay here. So when we went to book, the prices had went up and I said well at least I know it is a nice place and worth the extra money. So they all agreed. MAN DID I EAT THOSE WORDS!!!!! When we arrived to check in the lady at the front desk gave us all our room keys and we went to try and find parking which is awful too by the way. A guest traveling with us is handicapped and he asked for a parking spot closer and they told him to park in the lot next door and walk. Which I thought was very rude! So we booked 2 bedroom ocean view rooms, full kitchen, with balcony and Non-smoking (One of the most expensive rooms they have) When we walked in the room smelled of cigarettes, the carpet was all stained up, the walls looked like they hadn't been painted in years (scuff marks and tiny holes in the wall), there was no ocean front view, the view consisted of a patio that you could walk out on to and walk around the building to see the ocean. Needless to say I was furious that I had not only paid extra but told all these people traveling with us how wonderful this place was. I went to each of their rooms and they were equally as bad. So I went to the front desk and kindly asked for another room because what I had been given was not what I had paid for. The girl was being very rude and said that the softball teams were in town and there was no place to move us to. So I asked to be refunded some money if I had to stay in such. She said nothing was refundable and there was nothing she could do. So I asked to see the manager and she told me basically the same. I finally said look, I am horrible embarrassed at the way this place looks. The rooms we stayed in before were very nice and here I have brought you 3 groups of people that were expecting nice and they are not at all happy. She finally moved us to a different room in that it didn't smell like smoke, but it was still not the room I had been promised in making my reservations!!! Will not make that mistake again!!!!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynsey T
Dear Lynsey T,
My apologies for the the issues you experienced during your past stay with us. There is no excuse for poor guest service. Parking is challenging when we are at high occupancy which is why we provide overflow parking. Handicap spaces are in big demand with so many people abusing the priveledge and I'm very sorry no handicap spaces were available during your stay. I hope you will contact me directly with the room number you stayed in so I can address the issues in this unit. Our rates are based on demand and very competieve with other condominiums on the beach. I thank you for your comments and we will strive to do better.
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2011

My husband and I needed to get away and saw this hotel on Book it.com and decided to give it try. First @ check in was shocked at the fees needed first for cleaning fees, geez are you kidding me. How about Hello wel come to Origin but it was here fill this out and I need $$$ . Ok then we had to ask were to park, elevator, etc and made several attempts because the guy was on facebook and was not paying attention to us. After finally getting to the elevator that was so much needed cleaned and the wood trim so beat up. Finally making it to our room and finding the walls and carpets dirty I felt like if they were everything else is. Kitchen poorly stocked Come on if you want people to come back you are going to get you first empression issues fixed. Will probably not come back and we are still here until Wednesday. Oh well live and learn

Room Tip: get at least a ocean view or youll be disappointed
Dear Qolbe,
First of all my apologies for the issues you experienced. There is not excuse for poor guest service and I will be speaking with the front desk agent. The condition you found your room is not typical of your accommodations and I hope you will contact me directly with the room number so I can address these issues. Regarding additional fees charged at check-in. I recommend that everyone booking through a wholesaler like Bookit.com as you did, read the "Term and Conditions" where any additional fees will be listed. I cannot stress this enough. Always read the fine print. Even with these additional fees are rates are extremely competitive.
Regards,