“Cannot be closer to the beach”

Treasure Island Resort Condominiums
Reviewed 21 February 2012

We are used to Best Western hotels and to us, although we had a beach front suite with a beautiful view, (the inner rooms don't have a sea view), the hotel would have been an average one without the location. It has the normal cleanliness, comfort and excellent staff service that we expect from the group but as it is on the beach the tarriff is more than usual. However, if we wanted a holiday that Treasure Island gives, this would be the hotel of our choice. The beach is cleaned and graded every morning; it goes for miles and there are lots of activities around. For most people this would be a fabulous place to holiday, especially with a family of children that we don't have, or just for a couple of days to 'chill out'. We would not stay in the busy school vacation season but we could see that the name Treasure Island is not an exaggeration - it is true - a treasure. Wonderful place.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SuziTours

Reviewed 29 January 2012

Great resort. Beautiful, awesome views from every unit because they all face the beach, pet friendly (even though now they only except 1 dog per unit! Which made me remove a star. Me and my family stayed May 2011 and we had 3 small dogs in our unit so this year we're going to have to find another place for vacation. Otherwise, 5 star. ) far away from the crowded parts of PCB, easy access to the beach, nice pool. You have the parking deck and parking space spefically for each condo, the deck is next to the building which is nice but I think you pay like 20 dollars for it. Also any extra cars have to pay for a parking pass and just find an empty spot somewhere. Nice walking area for the dogs, now just dog which till upsets me. I didn't see much security there which can be good or bad. I saw a parked cop car on the first spot of the deck but never saw the cop or security. The lobby is pretty tucked away and they're gone and locked up by 9:00 p.m. But it's in a safe neighborhood. I rented our unit, 203, from Vacationsonthegulf(.)com. The unit was so beautiful, very clean, had everything we needed, the master bathroom and closet are huge for a condo which was great. There was 3 of us and 3 dogs and had plenty of room. The views were amazing and I loved being close to the ground floor. The vacation was amazing and great and worth the money. Rates were good as well. Me and family would have loved to have gone back but can't because of their strict *aka dumb* pet policy now.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kaybelle1
Reviewed 25 January 2012

As I jokingly told Joni, the rental agent "...you misrepresented this property! It's MUCH better than the virtual tour!!" My wife and I fell in love instantly with EVERY aspect of our "escape from winter" home--as did Fritz, our dachshound!!. From the spectacular view of the pristine beach to the furnishings and cleanliness of our unit, plus a most helpful and friendly staff, we couldn't ask for a more comfortable and relaxing outcome. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank aripinupstateNY
Reviewed 11 January 2012

Have to admit I was a skeptic at first since when I used to go to PCB in college, it was rowdy. After becoming parents, we tended to stick to Disney and Destin. A friend bought a condo here at Treasure Island so we have rented another unit to stay at the same resort on family vacay the past two years. We rented off VRBO a unit on the 7th floor. Our unit was well maintained and much nicer than some of the condos I have stayed in while visiting Destin. Loved Schooner's restaurant close by...great bands (kept the kids busy while we waited on food), great view, great service and great food. I did notice the resort has an on site shop now where you can buy ice cream, drinks. etc...that was a nice addition since our last trip here. It is quiet on this end of the beach and you can be at Pier Park, great for kids, in about 15 minutes if you take the by-pass. We are considering going back here for a 3rd year in a row since we have a 3rd child now. I probably wouldn't want to stay much past the 8th floor bc the elevator ride would take a while if it was busy. Oh, and my husband, who was all about Destin and was a PCB snob, even thinks this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Momof2lilboys
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Several of my family members rented Treasure Island condo's number 2101, 1702 and 801.
After traveling 10 hours from Virginia to Panama City Beach, we entered the condo's to find the floors absolutely so dirty that we had to go out and purchase cleaning supplies to clean the condo (we have pictures to prove how dirty the floors were) Also, the towels and wash clothes were so worn and needed to have been thrown away, filters for the air conditioner units were filthy and mattress covers were BLACK. After calling Jon from Emerald Coast we were told he "didn't know what the problem was....their cleaning service did surface cleaning only". The condo's had sand all in them when we arrived and there were no blankets for the beds. I will never stay in these units again. Our families spent Saturday night and Sunday trying to clean and get the condo's to were we could stay in them the rest of the week. I have stayed at Treasure Island for years and have never had this situation. You can bet we will never rent from Emerald Coast again and will make sure we only rent fromt he owners!!

Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family