“Sterling Beach 501”
Review of Sterling Beach

Sterling Beach
Reviewed 4 August 2017

We stayed in a corner unit on the fifth floor (#501). I loved the full length window view of the gulf. The condo was very large with a full size kitchen and laundry room. Balcony is located on the corner and there's a separate balcony in one of the rooms. The beaches were not crowded at all and the pool was nice. The only complaints would be the bedrooms did not cool as well as the general living area and the fitness room was on the small side with some outdated equipment. Also, it would have been nice to have a couple of beach chairs included in the deal. We rented chairs for the entire week. This condo is very close to the St. Andrews Bay and you can rent pontoon boats and jet skis from there. It's probably a 20 minute drive to the other end of the beach where the Pier and all the more modern restaurants are located. However, it was definitely quieter and there was less traffic on our end.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at Sterling Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Terry,

Although Sterling Resorts does not manage unit 501, I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your time here at Sterling Beach. We hope that you return to the property very soon! Thank you for leaving this wonderful review and sharing your experience with us.

Warm Regards,

Sterling Resorts at Sterling Beach

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Upon arriving, my 8 month old, crawling baby's legs turned grey because of how dirty the floors were. The place looked clean but it wasn't. There was a lot of dust in the corners and on the head board of the master bed just to name a couple of places. The couch was dirty, the pots and pans were crap, the sink leaked (which the did fix over 24 hours later), the drawers in the fridge were cracked, the interior door handles don't lock (never remedied) , master toilet broke (this complaint was promptly address). THere were some crazy rules at the pool including no floats or snacks in the pool area. The management came by frequently checking everyone for wrist bands and for possible discretion. It was just a little weird compared to every other place I've ever stayed. I did send a maintenance form in regarding the filth but it was never addressed.
On the plus side, the beach is easily accessible and so is the pool. My family had a wonderful time in regards to being at the pool and beach. For families with little ones, the pool has a great shallow deck on one end which my 3 year old found to be perfect.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at Sterling Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Mr. and Mrs. Wyatt,

I do apologize for the issues you experienced and have listed here. I did try my hardest to get the maintenance and housekeeping issues fixed in a timely manner, however, some parts are on order and with the 4th of July holiday, delivery of these items did not occur until after your departure.

As for the other items listed, I will be sure to personally look into every one of these and correct to the best of my ability. I hope that overall you and your family enjoyed the time you had here with us. If you decide to stay with us in the future, please feel free to reach out to me, I would be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for providing your feedback.

-Kayla Pickett

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed in unit 1601 and I must say it exceeded our every expectation. There are beach house on one side of the complex so the beach is less crowded which is a plus. Our unit had ceiling to floor windows on the 16th floor and the view was simply amazing. We had a toddler with us so this was a way for everyone to enjoy the view since balconies are a no go for her. The unit also has two balconies one of which holds an 8 person dining table. The pool is very large and has a wadding area built in for toddlers which again was a plus for families. However, the pool was closed for 2 days while we were there and the staff was very rude when we forgot to wear the paper braclet. In fact, an older rather bitter gentleman kicked our 2 year old out of the pool and told us not to come back without the proper identification. This was an exception though since most of the staff was kind and helpful. Overall, it is a great place for families.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Kayla P, General Manager at Sterling Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2017

Tonya,

Thank for taking the time to leave us a five star review. I do apologize for the issues you had at the pool area and for the closure- the armband policy is strictly enforced by the staff of the property itself. Unit 1601 is one of my favorite units and I am so happy that you were able to enjoy it as well.

I hope to see you back very soon. Feel free to reach out to me when planning your next vacation. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

My husband and I started at Sterling Beach unit 1202 over the weekend. It was beautiful! The condo had the prettiest tile floors that are a wood look. The kitchen has a brand new fridge and a brand new dishwasher. It has everything we needed to cook. We had dinner In one night because the beach view is just too good to leave!

We didn't use the other 2 bedrooms but they are super cute. Each room has a flat screen TV. The master has a door out to the patio. Hearing the waves at night is the perfect sleep aid! The master bath is huge with a jacuzzi tub which we didn't use.

The apartment was very clean when we got there. The couch is a little worn.

This place has a prime spot on the beach. You can rent beach chairs right outside but we brought our own. The pool is big and clean. Nice furniture on the balcony. You can't beat the view from up there! Had coffee outside in the morning. The water was so clear I saw a huge school of fish out there.

We went out for dinner to a place called Schooners right down the street. Highly recommend it! Casual seafood right in the beach.

I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Kayla P, General Manager at Sterling Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Jchase1566,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review! I am delighted that you had a wonderful experience with us and were able to leave feeling so positive about the accommodations provided to you that you have left us five stars!

We hope you return very soon!

Sterling Resorts- Sterling Beach

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Room was beautiful, and it came with two beach chairs included in the price. Wonderful vacation. The pool was clean and never too crowded. The hot tub was nice. There were gas grills located by the pool.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Kayla P, Manager at Sterling Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

jjloar,

Thank you so much for the wonderful five star review! I am so happy that you were pleased with your accommodations here at Sterling Beach. It is our pleasure to have you and we look forward to your return.

Sterling Resorts