“Wonderful - We'll be back”
Review of Sterling Beach

Sterling Beach
Reviewed 30 October 2012

We've stayed at plenty of hotels in Panama City Beach over the years and I have to say this property is the best so far, hands down.
It's spacious, well-kept, clean and convenient, not to mention just plain nice.
The condo itself was amazing. Very large and well-appointed. The 3br/2ba we had is almost 1900 square feet of luxury.
The balconies are large.
The pool is large and inviting.
The beach is clean and spacious.
The location is wonderful - close to everything yet on the road less traveled, Thomas Drive.
The parking is convenient and accessible - ground level and close, not a massive parking structure across the street.
We stayed in early October which is, to me, the perfect time for a trip to PCB. The temps are still warm, but not scorching. The frustrating crowds are long gone and the prices are lower.
Yes, we will be back.
Now, the minor criticisms.My pet peeves of a 9-to-5 office staff and no refills of things like toilet paper persist here. There's no wi-fi in the units and the internet jack is not convenient at all. (I've resorted to bringing my own ethernet cable and wireless router on trips like this.) The TV boxes were more complicated than necessary. I really wish a company with the clout and reputation as Sterling would invest in a few technological upgrades which would make the vacation much easier - especially when children want to get online and students have work to do while away.
One other frustration - the pool pumps seemed very noisy. We often could not hear the waves from the balcony for the whir of the pumps. I'd suggest Sterling make the investment to enclose and baffle the pool pumps.
I'd also like to see grills on the balcony of each unit like at Sterling Breeze.
But like I said - the Sterling Beach is wonderful and we'll be back.

Room Tip: Request a unit on the east end - away from the pool pumps.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank flymeawayyyyyy
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sterling Beach

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Condo was very spacious with all of the comforts of home. We had 2 adults and 4 kids (17-6) and had plenty of room in our 3 bedroom. View is lovely! There is some minor construction, but it is not obstructing the views, our vacation sleep, or our family fun!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

OMG!! This condo was absolutely amazing!!! When you walk through the doors of the condo t he first thing that you see is an amazing view of the ocean. My girlfriends and I actually began screaming because we could not believe our eyes!!! The condo was a three bedroom three bath with TWO balconies!! We stayed at the location for four days and it was waaaay to short. The rooms were extremely large (two of the rooms had kings with bathrooms that had a garden tub in it). The third room included twin beds. I fell in love with this unit and can not wait to return. Although there was a little construction going on...it was not enough to interfere with our trip!! Will most definitely return

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank TandyP
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We very much enjoyed we can't wait to go back. Everything was wonderful for a family it's not a crazy party place. Security was on property keeping late night partying quiet. condo was spacious GREAT view.

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Lisa L
Reviewed 5 March 2012

From the beginning this was terrible. A pushy sales person name Derek assisted me. All she wanted was to make the reservation and get my credit card number. When I arrived I had to wait to check in because of a mix up with my name spelling. The condo was below average and disappointing to say the least. We are going to Mrytle beach next year instead

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family