We checked in on Friday, July 20, 2012, for a 8-night stay. We were greeted by the front desk staff that was very helpful and courteous. And then a wonderful vacation began.
Upon moving in, we found the room to be clean and very comfortable. Since we have stayed there numerous times, we were familiar with the somewhat dated furnishings, but found some new improvements! The new larger bathroom sink and shelving was a huge help! And it appeared the shower had been re-furbished as well. The new couch was a welcome sight too!
A special staff member, Quinn, was above and beyond great to us. I had a new replacement cell phone shipped in and he assisted me in assuring the package got to me (even sitting outside a lower level room he found me!) He helped us with every request we had and was cheerful and professional. I watched him interact with the children activities and he was so cheerful and fun for them!
This hotel is a truly hidden gem – which is why we appreciate it! The pool was always clean (albeit small), the event staff were so kind to the children, grounds maintained impeccably, room maintained well….the list goes on.
The only thing to know is the is an older hotel. It reflects it's age in many ways. But for people with small children (or who hate elevators), the 2 story layout is perfect! The beds are comfortable and clean, full size kitchen in some units, etc. They have a covered gazebo type area that is great to meet up at. There are tables and chairs there, even wooden rocking chairs!
They sell ice there on site. Also, next door is an outdoor Tiki Bar with wonderfully priced and custom made drinks, beer, etc.
Within walking distance is the entire Pier Park complex with wonderful shopping, dining, etc. Also, right across the street a new restaurant is going in supposedly. Also, Shuckums Oyster Pub and Grill is just less than a block away. Delicious food and wonderful service. Not a touristy-type place at all. Genuine food and service.
I recommend this to people who are willing to not upscale it to the limit, but stay at a small family owned place with family values and attitudes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Driftwood Lodge is located directly on the Gulf of Mexico. A large shady palm lined courtyard wraps around our beachfront heated pool and sundeck. The courtyard is where our guests find themselves making new and often lifelong friends. Throughout the year there are planned activities, ranging from cook-outs and sunset parties to Easter Egg Hunts and other children's games. Pier Park shopping and entertainment district is located within easy walking distance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Driftwood Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Driftwood Hotel Panama City Beach
- Driftwood Lodge Panama City Beach