“The Sandpiper Beacon....the only place to stay in Panama City Beach!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Hello, my name is Candy Thomas. I would like to take a few moments to let everyone know what a wonderful resort the Sandpiper Beacon is. This is the Thomas family experience there.
My family and I went to Panama City Beach in late October of 2009. We had already booked our room at the Sandpiper before hand because I was impressed with the info. and pics on their website. We booked the room over the phone and was impressed even at this point with the courtesy and helpfulness of the booking rep.
When we arrived at the hotel, there was parking directly in front of the resort, along with a parking area directly across the street. The faculty at the front desk were so friendly and welcomed us as if we were coming to stay in their own home. They immediately supplied us with our wristbands for the attractions and room keys for all 4 of us so that our kids could get in the room if mom and dad were indulging in the many ammenities at the Sandpiper. They gave us a luggage caddy and gave us a detailed map of the grounds. They informed us of all the coupons available in the lobby for attractions around town.
We got to our room and was absolutely thrilled with what we found. We arrived just in time to catch the sunset! As we stood on the balcony of our room and watched the sun go down over that georgous ocean, I really thought I was in heaven. So very beautiful. Took lots of pics and videos. The kids were very pleased also, for our room...no...suite, was set up so that they had their own seperate room with the bathroom, two beds, tv, phone, ect. Thru that door led to mom and dads section, which had a queen size bed, dresser, tv, phone, view of the ocean and beach thru the sliding glass doors that led to the balcony. Also, in that section, it had a full kitchen with microwave, stove, fridge, sink, and dining table and chairs.
We went and watched the Bears game at Buffalo Wild Wings located in Pier Park (awesome place) for dinner. After we got back from there, we headed down to the Tiki bar for some music, drinks and the kids played pool. The staff at the Tili bar was very, very friendly as well and the D.J./Karaoke guy was sooo much fun! After that we headed to the room to rest for our 8 day stay at this wonderful place! After the 9 hr. drive from Nashville, TN that day we were pooped!
Woke up the next morning and went to the lobby to get our schedule of events at the Sandpiper which is provided on a daily basis. It tells you the weather for the day, what is happening from morning till night at the resort, which might I add is cram packed with fun, hi and lo tide reports, drink specials in the Tiki bar, ect. They had a movie playing out on the huge deck by the Tiki bar when the sun went down on a 150 in. screen! Free popcorn and the breeze of the ocean, cuddled up on the lounge chairs with a blanket was the best! We spent the day in the pools, at the beach and the indoor Lazy River.
My boys, Ty who was 17, made friends instantly on the beach played beach volleyball for the next 7 days. Austin, our 11 yr. old, also made friends whom he played with for the week also. Ty still talks on the phone with a couple of friends he made there.
We were at the Tiki bar everyday for we all love to play pool and it was just a fun place to be if you were not in the water. My husband and I actually had the discussion that you really didnt need to leave the resort because it had everything you needed and it was so much fun to be there. Gift shop, laundry mat, and a great lil resturant right across the street where you could have breakfast, lunch and dinner if you wanted. I personally had oysters there everyday. We all ate breakfast there on our last day and we ate outside. They have these booths that would glide back and forth with a canopy over the top. So adorable. Omlets, hashbrowns, bacon..you name it! Delicious.
We did not want to leave after that 8th day. I have only described about 2 of the days we were there. There were 6 more days of fun that I havent even touched base on. This was my familys first trip to Panama City Beach. So very glad we chose the Sandpiper Beacon. We will not ever stay in another resort besides the Sandpiper. Thanks so much for making our trip one to remember. You made it your job to do that and we really appreciate it. Have stayed in lots of places, but this exceeds them all.
The Sandpiper Beacon..the only place to stay in Panama City Beach!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank TheThomasFamily
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

Took our two grandchildren for a week in the sun and we stayed at the Sandpiper and our dog Cheeto was a welcome quest as well! There was so much to do the children kept us on our toes. Swimming, carpet golf, Tiki Bar, slides,and so very much more.. Swam in the surf and chased fish , sunbathed, and so much more.Had pizza from the pizza place on the premises, Shopped at the souvenior store at the hotel. I wear all my jewerly proudly. We all had a wonderful time and we look forward to our return trip this summer.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ladycricket52
Reviewed 21 June 2010

My family stayed at the sandpiper for five days. There were 56 of us total. The place is awesome, fun, and very entertaining. There is something for everyone from age 10 months to 85(love you mamaw). I would happily recommend this awesome place to anyone young old or in between. Please everyone come to the sandpiper beacon and make life long memories as my family and I did!!! Thanks and GOD BLESS!!! We missed you Brandon Cangelosi. Love mama.

2  Thank Nene6776
Reviewed 19 June 2010

We stayed here for the first time ever the June 6-10th.We had the best time.We took 2- 11 year old boys and 2- 14 year old girls along with us.They have everything you need right there in the resort.The kids had the best time,something for them every single day nearly every single hour.We also was able to take our smallest family member our little yorkie Tebow.He had a great time on the beach and taking walks at night.It is a great location with everything you need close by.Having a kitchen was also great.We even went shopping one day and the kids (girls also) wanted to get back to see what was happening next.They provide you with a list of things they have going on all day.The luau dinner and fire show was also super great.I could go on and on about our stay,we plan to make this our family destination from now on.It is a 11-12 hour drive but so worth it because all you havet odo is sit back and relax!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank DawnLampkins
Reviewed 17 June 2010

If you are looking for a great place to take the entire family this is it! With movies by the ocean, games played all day, an awesome "tiki bar", and tons of other things always going on this is the only place I will ever stay in Panama City Beach. The beach is clean, the rooms are nice and big especially for price. I would hate to waste my week at one of the boring places - Sandpiper Beacon is the only place that actually feels like you are at a mini resort...not to mention Jason and Cody - they make it that much better!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family