2,360 results
All reviewslazy rivercoconuts restaurantscavenger huntfun placeice cream shoproom suitespring breakhot tubping pongindoor poolshuffle boardputt puttfamily vacationmovie nightacross the streetpanama citylove this place
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We booked our stay online and paid for a gulf front room w no kitchen. They gave us room 585. The beach had an obstructed view because of the roof of the resort in front of it. I would recommend not staying in 'the tower' if you purchase gulf front. BUT, they quickly recovered and gave us room 312.

The front desk is super friendly and helpful. They understand what service means and concierge. The food on sight was fantastic. Next time we would probably get a kitchen room or stay in a villa.

The Polynesian show is fantastic and a must-see.

The beds were comfortable, they had good water pressure in the shower and they have flat screen TVs which always makes me happy. The wifi kind of sucked and was dodgy. They need to invest in a few more routers on each floor.

I always think every resort on the beach should have tile floors. Carpet floors at the beach are just plain gross. We used the sofa couch sheets and bathroom towels the make walkways in the room.

There was no iron.

For the price, it was perfect. The water slides are fun, very fast and you cant beat the closeness to the gulf water.

Final thought: Every time I come to PCB though, I forget that I want to stay at Edgewater Wynndam bc they have Starbucks.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank CaseyMKnox
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I wasn't sure about it after I read the reviews but, my grandson wanted to stay where the waterslides were and we were pleasently suprised with the room. It was clean and had been updated with paint and carpet. We stayed mostly on the beach, we did enjoy the tiki bar, the lazy river was kinda stinky, my grandson said it smelled like stinky feet. After we got home, about a week and a half later, I noticed I had bites all over my body! They itch like crazy, but I'm the only one in our group that has the bites. My doctor said they are probably are bedbug bites, but no one else got them. Go figure.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have been going here every year since 2001,my husband and I spent our honeymoon there in 2004.Each year our group grows.This year there was 25 family members there.Age range 8months to 58.What a place for young and old.Games .facepainting,ballon art.Have a good time with family bingo or movie night.Take a ride one of the water slides.Jet ski,sailboating,or rental a cabana and relax in the sun with the wonderful sounds of the ocean.If a nice place for family fun friendly staff and plenty to do Without leaving the property sounds good check out the fun place to be Sandpiper Beacon.And Thanks to everyone at the Sandpiper Beacon for making my 12 trip and my 8th anniversary trip so amazing

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vickie J
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We had a party of 13. 3 a rest kids. Overall we had a great time. We have been going here for years. We had a problem with our first large room. The air was leaking all over the carpet but they changed our room after the 2nd day to a better room and better view. We found that the family activities we not as good as last year. They had then every other day. And the scavenger hunt was only on friday @ 4 so we didnt get to do that. But other than that it was a good stay and kids were happy!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Although it was just my husband and I this stay, it was clear that this place is a family destination. There were children all over the place. We didn't mind at all. We were just staying one night as we stopped in Panama City on our journey. We were pleased to find a property so quick that accepted our small dog. The fee was $20.00 per night. We didn't mind since it was only one night. The complex is quite large. It is on the beach. There are several outdoor pools scattered in various places around the property and one or more indoor pools. They have a daily itinerary of events that the guests can partake in everyday. They give everyone lanyards to identify guests on the property. It comes in handy to hold the room key card. My experience with the front desk staff was very good. They were very accomodating. There is a bar on the property facing the beach as well as a place they call the, "Deli". We did not have an opportunity to frequent either place. They do have coffee pots in the lobby for guests to help themselves in the morning. Our room was not facing the beach. We opted for this as it was evening and for only one night, we didn't think it was worth paying $40.00 extra plus the $20.00 extra for the dog. At night there's not much to see anyway. The room had a king bed, fridge, microwave, coffee pot and flat screen tv mounted on the wall. A chest of drawers and a love seat. Our room was very, very small, but it worked for one night. Even though they put us opposite the indoor pool and we could hear ehoed chatter and screams of delight from oodles of children on our way to the room, we were not disturbed at all once the door shut. There's parking in front of the property and across the street. I see that some of the comments suggested that this property could use some updating. I agree, but I didn't have an opportunity to see other rooms. Afterall, it is an older property that apparently has been added on to over the years. Yet, there's lots of staff working constantly to keep the grounds clean and keep the facility in order. We met a lady on the beach in the morning that said her family is a return customer. They enjoy the beach and all the activities for the family. Not sure if we'd stay there again, because we don't need all that hub-bub, but for a family with active children it could work well.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family