“Labor Day weekend stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #6 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We arrived on Fri. Sept. the 31st had lunch and went to Alvins Island to shop around and see the alligator and then we went to the pier to play in the sand before going to hotel to check in. We were checking in with a large group (30) of people and the checking in and out went smoothly. There were plenty of carts to use outside of the lobby to transport things from your vehivle to your room. It was probably bc of Hurricane Issac but the Resort was pretty empty Fri and Sat the 1st. The family activites were nice for us. Although I do wish that the activities were held somewhere else besides the Tiki bar, I got a face painting of a dolphin and my daughters (ages 2 & 4) also got a face painting but of a butterfly. There was a nice lady doing balloons also. We were able to take the girls to the movie on the grass area which was The Lorax the evening we were went. They had lawn chairs out to use which was nice even though we brought our own not knowing. There were 2 volleyball areas noone was using on our trip and they were a nice place for our group pics with no background traffic. Free putt-putt also on sight. The room we stayed in was a rm for 4. There were 2 queen beds and a couch (not sleeper) a refridgerator w/ freezer which worked very well. The fridge had ice formed in our bottled drinks it stayed so cold. There was a microwave and a dresser w/ mirror and 1 endtable. Nice enough for 2 adults and 2 children. The bathrooms have been remodeled since we were here 2 years before this and that was a very pleasant surprise! Rm 125 is right behind the arcade room and Shop so theres lots of noise from that oh and I'm a light sleeper and was kept up often by the air conditioner coming on and off so if you could turn it down and turn the fan up you may sleep better. We saved lots of money by bringing food and drinks and snacks with us and eating in the hotel room instead of going out. We found lots of shells and a few sand dollars. One evening a gentleman gave our children a grab her had caught and we lost our sunglasses in the waves (should had known better, lol) but our overall experience was satisfying.

Room Tip: Rm 125 on the groud floor and rooms on same side are right behind the arcade room and the Shop so th...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ANK0722

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We booked our stay online and paid for a gulf front room w no kitchen. They gave us room 585. The beach had an obstructed view because of the roof of the resort in front of it. I would recommend not staying in 'the tower' if you purchase gulf front. BUT, they quickly recovered and gave us room 312.

The front desk is super friendly and helpful. They understand what service means and concierge. The food on sight was fantastic. Next time we would probably get a kitchen room or stay in a villa.

The Polynesian show is fantastic and a must-see.

The beds were comfortable, they had good water pressure in the shower and they have flat screen TVs which always makes me happy. The wifi kind of sucked and was dodgy. They need to invest in a few more routers on each floor.

I always think every resort on the beach should have tile floors. Carpet floors at the beach are just plain gross. We used the sofa couch sheets and bathroom towels the make walkways in the room.

There was no iron.

For the price, it was perfect. The water slides are fun, very fast and you cant beat the closeness to the gulf water.

Final thought: Every time I come to PCB though, I forget that I want to stay at Edgewater Wynndam bc they have Starbucks.

I would stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank CaseyMKnox
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I wasn't sure about it after I read the reviews but, my grandson wanted to stay where the waterslides were and we were pleasently suprised with the room. It was clean and had been updated with paint and carpet. We stayed mostly on the beach, we did enjoy the tiki bar, the lazy river was kinda stinky, my grandson said it smelled like stinky feet. After we got home, about a week and a half later, I noticed I had bites all over my body! They itch like crazy, but I'm the only one in our group that has the bites. My doctor said they are probably are bedbug bites, but no one else got them. Go figure.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have been going here every year since 2001,my husband and I spent our honeymoon there in 2004.Each year our group grows.This year there was 25 family members there.Age range 8months to 58.What a place for young and old.Games .facepainting,ballon art.Have a good time with family bingo or movie night.Take a ride one of the water slides.Jet ski,sailboating,or rental a cabana and relax in the sun with the wonderful sounds of the ocean.If a nice place for family fun friendly staff and plenty to do Without leaving the property sounds good check out the fun place to be Sandpiper Beacon.And Thanks to everyone at the Sandpiper Beacon for making my 12 trip and my 8th anniversary trip so amazing

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Vickie J
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We had a party of 13. 3 a rest kids. Overall we had a great time. We have been going here for years. We had a problem with our first large room. The air was leaking all over the carpet but they changed our room after the 2nd day to a better room and better view. We found that the family activities we not as good as last year. They had then every other day. And the scavenger hunt was only on friday @ 4 so we didnt get to do that. But other than that it was a good stay and kids were happy!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family