We arrived on Fri. Sept. the 31st had lunch and went to Alvins Island to shop around and see the alligator and then we went to the pier to play in the sand before going to hotel to check in. We were checking in with a large group (30) of people and the checking in and out went smoothly. There were plenty of carts to use outside of the lobby to transport things from your vehivle to your room. It was probably bc of Hurricane Issac but the Resort was pretty empty Fri and Sat the 1st. The family activites were nice for us. Although I do wish that the activities were held somewhere else besides the Tiki bar, I got a face painting of a dolphin and my daughters (ages 2 & 4) also got a face painting but of a butterfly. There was a nice lady doing balloons also. We were able to take the girls to the movie on the grass area which was The Lorax the evening we were went. They had lawn chairs out to use which was nice even though we brought our own not knowing. There were 2 volleyball areas noone was using on our trip and they were a nice place for our group pics with no background traffic. Free putt-putt also on sight. The room we stayed in was a rm for 4. There were 2 queen beds and a couch (not sleeper) a refridgerator w/ freezer which worked very well. The fridge had ice formed in our bottled drinks it stayed so cold. There was a microwave and a dresser w/ mirror and 1 endtable. Nice enough for 2 adults and 2 children. The bathrooms have been remodeled since we were here 2 years before this and that was a very pleasant surprise! Rm 125 is right behind the arcade room and Shop so theres lots of noise from that oh and I'm a light sleeper and was kept up often by the air conditioner coming on and off so if you could turn it down and turn the fan up you may sleep better. We saved lots of money by bringing food and drinks and snacks with us and eating in the hotel room instead of going out. We found lots of shells and a few sand dollars. One evening a gentleman gave our children a grab her had caught and we lost our sunglasses in the waves (should had known better, lol) but our overall experience was satisfying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Also known as the "FUN Place!" The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort & Tiki Bar offers year-round fun, activities, and entertainment for all ages. Located directly beachfront on Front Beach Road, the Sandpiper is a family-friendly resort-hotel with planned activities and entertainment, waterslides, multiple indoor/outdoor (seasonally heated) swimming pools, free WiFi, indoor lazy river ride, on-site Deli, Ice Cream Shop, Gift Shop, Restaurant, Arcade and more. Offering 24/7 resort services, including housekeeping, guest services, and maintenance. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Hotel Panama City Beach
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
- Sandpiper Beacon Beach Panama City
- Sandpiper Panama City Beach