“Bike Week We enjoyed the entire week!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Reviewed 8 June 2012

From the minute we checked in until we left everything was great.The reception staff were fun. fiendly and very helpfui. I had read some bad reviews on the rooms but our room was a remodeled room and was very clean and had everything we needed. We were on the 3rd floor ocean front the view was great.The Tiki bar was cool and was very large it has 3 stages for dENTIRE ifferent bands-they had entertainment everynight.There is plenty to do on site. Plus there are 3 pools on site and a 4fth inside pool.
. WE WILL DEFINATELY STAY AGAIN!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled room-oceanview.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort for 15 days in February/March and loved it! The staff makes you feel at home and some even recognise me from previous years.

I have been staying at the Sandpiper for the past 5 years and have yet to have a negative thing to say about them. The staff is what makes the place!

Over the years of traveling to the Sandpiper I have noticed improvements year in and year out. This February when I arrived I was put in one of the brand new updated rooms which was AWESOME! New floors, new cabinets, new tvs. Everything was great, I believe most rooms are done up like that now.

The Sandpiper puts on great activities for friends, families, teens, and adults. When I was there the one night in the Tiki Bar they had face painting and family Karaoke. I love the updates to the Tiki bar by putting in several fire places and sitting areas, it makes it really relaxing during the day and especially on some of the cooler nights.

I love the Sandpiper, the Tiki Bar, and the Tiki hut. I would suggest the Sandpiper to anyone who is looking for a relaxing, safe, and most of all fun vacation.

Room Tip: The Tiki bar offers great drink specials!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Byron D
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Resort? Well, it tries, although "overblown motel" might be more fitting.  To be fair, we got a coupon from the Florida visitor centre, so we paid $79 (or $90 with taxes), so we can't complain too much.  Check-in was a bit too hard for the reception, who raced out to our car to tell us that the room we'd just been given was unavailable.  OK, weird but not a big deal. Then my passenger had to go inside to get a wrist band, which needs to be worn at all times in order to use the facilities. The room seemed to be designed for spring-breakers, with bed spreads that could be hosed-off if need be.  Bar fridge, flat screen tv, utilitarian bathroom--the usual motel room. If you want quiet, you really have to go somewhere else . Between the music coming from the tiki bar and the motorcycles roaring down the street outside, early bedtime was out of the question.  The "resort" has a number of pools, which I was told were open from 7am-11pm, although when I turned up to do laps at 7, the poolman (think Cletus from the Simpsons) told me I wasn't allowed there until later, although he couldn't tell me what time, exactly, I would be allowed to swim.  Thankfully, the beach is seconds away, and it is a spectacular beach.  Check-out was even weirder than check-in. While the girls behind the desk tried out their bad English/Australian accents on me, another worker was commenting on other guests and how odd it was they were wearing speedos.
This is  probably a good place for spring-breakers, people who want to drink at the bar and stumble back to their room, and maybe families with a large brood of kids that will love the pools.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rugbymug
Reviewed 2 June 2012

My fiance and friends stayed here last summer July 2011 and I will say it was nothing but a disappointment. From the time we checked in to the time we left it was a horrible experience. The two ladies that checked us in were nothing but rude. Our rooms were a nightmare. We had 5 guest staying in one room and we were so crowded not to mention BLACK hair on our sheets!!! All the staff were rude!! This is not a relaxing or fun place to stay I would not advise anyone to stay here.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere but here!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank kelly8890
SandpiperBeacon, Manager at The Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2016

We apologize for such a late response to your feedback. 4 years have now passed since you visited us, and we have been continually making changes and improvements since then. We are deeply sorry that you didn't enjoy your last stay more. We'd like to invite you to visit us again. We're confident that you'll be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your feedback, it helped us improve.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

we had a great time at the sleep in off front beach now looking forward to my next trip. i would love to experience the resort next time i just have to figure out wich one.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family