“DO NOT STAY HERE! DIRTY!!”

The Summit Condominiums
Louisville, Kentucky
“DO NOT STAY HERE! DIRTY!!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I just got back from Panama City Beach for Spring Break. I specifically rented my condo directly from The Summit because friends of mine had rented there from a private individual and had a bad experience( horribly dirty). The Summit people told her to always rent directly from them....they make sure the condos are in good shape and are clean. So, that is exactly what I did!! I walked into an absolute hell hole!!! I am posting pics so you can see for yourself. When I complained to the office, they just looked at me like I was crazy. They did not offer any explanation or any help in the matter. To begin with, the front door was beat up and dirty. How hard is it to wipe down a door so your guests first impression is better!!?? I walked into sticky floors, horribly dirty bathrooms and tile. The guest bathroom shower did not work. In fact, the know was off and laying in the bathtub.( they did come up to fix it after I complained) The walls were cracked and filthy throughout the entire condo. The garbage disposal had something stuck inside it and was clanking around( they sent someone up to fix it, after an hour, they never got it fixed) No remote controls to the TVs. You had to stand there and surf the channels. No DVD players. The guest bedroom had no tv. All my dishes were dirty with stuck on food. The pots and pans had dried on food( looked like eggs) The first morning, while making coffee, I turned on water in kitchen sink and water flowed out the bottom of the sink. The pipes had come disconnected from disposal vibrations. WE fixed it ( they sent someone up later to check it out) I spent my first day cleaning this hell hole and spray Lysol everywhere because I wasnt sure of what kind of disease we would end up with!! I dont think the carpets have EVER been cleaned!! The pics will show you everything!! Just do not waste your money here.....not worth the convenient location. They shouldve paid ME to stay here!! I spent ALOT to live a week in hellish conditions!!

6 Thank kybarb1122
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Tybee Island, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

When arriving Thursday night after driving for 8 hours from Tennessee we arrived to a place that had NOT been cleaned in a very long time!!!!!!!!!!!! The floors were disgusting! The countertops, fridge, stove had not been cleaned in who knows when? Roaches and Palmetto Bugs, I can deal with Palmetto Bugs as we lived in Miami for 10 years and I know they are impossible to get rid of! But really???? We spent Thursday night vacuuming to the best we could and cleaning sheets just to be able to sleep there! Friday morning we went to the grocery store and purchased cleaning agents to make the place livable! We did stay there, only because everything else was booked and we were exhausted.... We are definately not used to staying in a place like that. Loud and obnoxious teenagers EVERYWHERE! Stairways smelled of puke, elevators were broken most of the time, had to haul luggage up and down the stairs. This place is ready to be condemned! Never NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Miserable place to stay! Worst trip ever!
5 Thank tntraveller920

Travellers are raving about these Panama City Beach hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed on the 12th floor and you guessed it, broken elevator. Cofeemaker broken, missing light bulbs, no batteries in the remote controls, and the last vhs player is in room 1208. I bought sleeping bags, with us and still was skeeved out, if it was warmer I probably would have slept on the beach. No washer, dryer, broken down furniture, looks like someone got mad at the walls and really let them have it. Stay behind the 7-11 if you have to, you'll be happier there.

3 Thank sweetsoutherngirl
Oglethorpe, Georgia
Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the summit, and lets just say I will not be staying there ever again. The only thing this place has going for them is Bikini Bobs & the Tiki bar. The service at Bikini Bobs was great & the staff there is so helpful & nice, and the Tiki bar was the same way. The staff at The Summit are so RUDE & HATEFUL when you go to the front dest to ask a question about something or to tell them there is something wrong with your condo they blow you off or get an attitude with you. The condo was so NASTY, there was mold in the bathroom, the carpet in the master bedroom was so dirty, half of the lights didn't work, the tub was leaking water in the condo below us, and you had to take the stairs if you wanted to go anywhere because it would take 15-20 mins to even try to get on the elevator. And one more thing I hate about this place is the armbands if you didn't have an armband on the security there chased you down like you were a crimal & and you can't even have guest over on the property they want let them threw the gate. I advise before staying here go on VRBO & look for a condo at another property I promise you will hate it here.

Room Tip: GO ON VRBO before renting from here.
5 Thank Courtney H
awrosamond1, Public Relations Manager at The Summit Condominiums, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Please except our apology for your unsatisfactory stay at The Summit. We pride ourselves on our positive customer service and attention to guest's needs. I am very sorry you were dissatisfied with your unit. The Summit is a condominium property with 449 units, of with 417 are privately owned. Each unit has a different and distinct decor. Some owners manage their rentals privately and others opt to join the rental management offered from the Summit Rental Management company located on property. Unfortunately the onsite maintenance and housekeeping departments are unable to assist guests with issues unless permitted by the owner, unless the unit was rented from the Summit Rental Management company. This can make issues very hard to resolve due to these complications and I do apologize. In the future I recommend renting directly from The Summit Enterprise, Inc (the onsite management company). Please give us a call 800-824-5048.

We would love to have you return to The Summit, if not please do not let this bad experience prevent you from returning for another visit to Panama City Beach.

The Summit Management
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I just stayed at the Summit and understand it is spring break but this was the filthiest room I've ever stayed in. If you dare to stay bring some clorox and a mop. You will pay a hundred dollar cleaning fee, but I stress they do not clean. We complained twice and they said we can't control how some of the Condos look. But they do take your money. I wipped the floor with a wash cloth just after arriving and it was black. Shower had mold everywhere, bed was full of sand. My question to the was if a bed was just cleaned how would it have sand in it. Their answer was it is stuck in the comforter. So how about every 5 years or so buy a new comforter. I could go on and on. I left a day early and rented at Long beach Condo 1/4 mile away, for a little more money, so much better. Im not a clean freak and I read the bad reviews beforehand. I should have liistened. Hope this helps one person make a better decision than me.

• Stayed April 2012