All reviews across the street high rise love this place family oriented family owned hotel clean rooms gulf view mom and pop beach side stayed nights long weekend family vacation an older hotel definitely stay here again beautiful beach pcb condo
Reviewed 1 June 2016

Our first visit to Sunset Inn was 1990. We consistently visited yearly until the kids grew up. We took our granddaughter in 2006 and 2008 but due to health issues we have been unable to travel that far since 2008. We just returned from a 3-day stay just before the Memorial Day holiday 2016. Due to the last minute decision to travel the fact they still had a gulf view unit was a miracle. They offer many different options be sure you explain what you are looking for ... price, location, accommodations. My personal favorite is room 127 in the Condo unit just a walk across the street but if you don't need something that big they offer smaller units or you can opt for a room like 110 on the Gulf View of the Main Original building. Open your door and you are right on the deck to the stairs to the beach. My second favorite is ANTHONY! He was renting the beach chairs in 1990 and is still there today!!! I like stable consistence .. oh yes, every time we decide to travel we are tempted by the NEW, HIGH Rise glitz... then read the reviews, elevators are broken, young people half naked, pot smoking, stained carpets and standing water. We sure hope to be able to make it back next Memorial Day. I don't need amenities ... I am coming to the Ocean... to walk in the sand .... I just need a nice, safe, clean place to stay. Thank you Sunset Inn for all you have given my family over the decades.

Roy & Cindy S. (KY)

Room Tip: Accessibility to the beach. Bottom floors deal with running/walking upstairs. COLD A/C. Clean pool and pool area. Feel very safe here.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank enchantedjourney2012
Reviewed 27 May 2016

This was not our first trip to Sunset Inn. We took our two boys there 22 years ago. It's the same friendly family owned inn that it was then. We had a beach view bottom floor room. It's nice to walk out your door and be on the beach in 2 minutes. It's close to some of our favorite places to eat.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

We come to Panama City Beach at least once per year and stay at Sunset Inn every time! It's an older complex but that is what we like about it. It's family owned and they are always willing to do what they can. We enjoyed it so much we have already booked another room for 2 weeks from now!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff M
Reviewed 25 May 2016

This place was a high rise that stood out among the private properties when it was built. Now, it is an humble two-story beachfront that hearkens back to the Golden Years of Panama City Beach. The prices are the best in the area and the family that owns and operates the property make every effort to please their guests. At any season, there is a price to suit any budget.
We stayed in a room that fronted the beach. The approach is through the courtyard where the pool is located and it was full of kids and perfect for them. Our room had a "kitchenette" and plenty of utensils. The sliding doors opened onto a deck that spanned the length of the property and led directly onto the beach. The deck has picnic tables and plenty of grills and at the steps is a shower to wash off that beach sand.
We loved the ground floor room that we got, but a second-floor room wouldn't be a long walk. The less expensive rooms across the street are the real bargain.
Our fellow travelers were families who appeared to have been coming for years, renting blocks of rooms for about a week. They had their meals in common, gathering on the deck for pizza or grilling burgers and dogs. This is old-school beach vacation, what I remember as a kid.
All of the attractions of PCB are nearby, but the area around this property is actually quiet and, if memory serves, there is a quiet time imposed at around 10 p.m. Perfect for a relaxing beach stay.
This is an older property! Expect wear and tear that normally would happen with the passing of time and with that time being passed on the sandy beaches. It is clean and well kept, simply old and used. If that bothers you, pass up this place. If you don't mind a bit of wear and tear in exchange for a nostalgic bargain, this is it.

Room Tip: Best rooms are ground floor facing the beach
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2016

My family and I have been stayed here at least once a year for over a decade. There have been more than one mix-up with our room in the past, but we've overlooked those as well as the very rude older lady who used to work in the office. I really prefer being beach side, but this year we needed a larger room than usual, so we booked the 2 bedroom suite across the street. Part of our party left while the rest of us had 2 more nights to stay, so I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if they had anything beachside available for our last 2 nights. They did...yay! Except they wouldn't let us move to that room for our last two nights. Why? Because it seems that would mean they had 2 rooms to clean. Not sure how that wouldn't also be true if they rent that room to someone else, but it was their decision to make. My decision is that I will be looking for anywhere else to stay in the future. If the loyalty of staying here every year for over 10 years means so little to them, I think it's time I find somewhere that will appreciate my loyalty more. It's not ever been the cleanest or most upscale place in town, but it had come to feel like home to us. Sad to learn that to them, we still just another customer.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family