“One of the friendliest hotels I have ever stayed in...”

Hampton Inn Panama City Beach
Ranked #12 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Fredericsburg, VA
“One of the friendliest hotels I have ever stayed in...”
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I have stayed in this hotel almost 10 times within the past 4-months and although I can stay anywhere I choose, there is a reason I continue to stay here. The entire staff is amazing, all the way from the day and night desk managers, to the nice lady that works the breakfast food. In particular, Jody Wilson continues to go "above and beyond" her role as General Manager of this hotel. After only 1 visit I was already on a first name basis with her. Even after an accident that injured her foot, and required surgery, I noticed that she still continued to put the customers first, even through obvious pain. She has been extremely helpful (and patient) with making, modifying, and canceling my reservations to meet my ever changing business requirements. She is always helpful with suggestions on nearby places to eat and I can always count on her for a friendly smile and chat. She really is the nicest hotel manager I have ever met and I recommend that her superiors recognize her for "going the extra mile" for the customers. They should be proud that she represents them and the Hilton corporation.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Christine S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Calhoun, GA
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We were in Panama City in order to take my son and some of our friends deep sea fishing during spring break. We checked in around 5:00 and the young lady behind the front desk was one of the most efficient at her job I have ever met (which is quite astounding since I travel quite often). Also, I might add we stayed in this same hotel last year for our annual spring break fishing trip.

This Hampton Inn is the closet hotel to Captain Anderson’s Marina (about 300 yards) and is very well located if you are looking for an off the beach experience. We reserved two rooms and they were on the second floor, so therefore we needed to make use of the elevator which is not the quickest one I’ve ever ran across, but it gets you there. The rooms were quite spacious and very clean with plenty of room for us all. As stated earlier, we went to Panama City for one reason – to fish. Since we were fishing and leaving the hotel by 6:30 AM every morning, we didn't use the exercise room or the pool, but they appeared to be well maintained.

We did take advantage of the complimentary breakfast and we really enjoyed the hot foods menu changing every morning. The staple breakfast items were the same and always seemed fresh. The beds were clean and very comfortable. If you want a room on the beach, this is not the place as it is approximately one mile from the beach. If you are looking for an off the beach hotel for business or to use as a base for other types of excursions – then I would highly recommend this hotel. And as I stated before; I would definitely stay here again as this was my second year in a row staying in this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank duvanb
Chipley, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We were in Panama City for my daughter to attend a high school prom and I booked this room online. We checked in around 5:00 and the staff was very courteous and friendly (Mrs. Peaches). We were on the ground floor so we didn't have to use the elevators. The suite was spacious and very clean. Plenty of room for my family. We didn't use the exercise room or the pool, but they appeared to be well maintained. My family and myself did make use of the buisness room with the computers. We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast as we were still sleeping. The beds were comfortable and made my family feel like they were home. Would rather have had a room on the beach, but this place was nice and I would definately stay here again with my family.

Room Tip: Suites are larger and come with a mini fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Check in was great, the evening clerk was very helpful in pointing me to local entertainment (Ms. Newby's) so that I could find a local, non-Spring Break experience. She gave me great directions so that I could avoid the Spring break traffic.

The rooms are updated and clutter free. The carpet in the hallway is older and bunching in the middle of the hallway. The single elevator is SLOW!

I called the front desk and asked to be connected to a colleagues room. The front desk clerk said that I needed his last name AND his room number. He had just checked in, we had not connected yet and I did not have his room number. She would not connect me without his last name and room number. This is a silly "Catch 22" rule that should be changed.

The breakfast was not kept stocked. On Saturday morning they were out of eggs and meat. On Sunday morning they had run out of waffle batter. Tables were not cleaned after guests were done eating so if another guest wanted to use the table the guest was faced with a dirty table.

The pool was nice. However, the pool towels are the size of hand towel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Mobile, AL
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Unlike just about everyone else there, I was on business, not spring break. As Hampton's go, it was pretty standard issue. One thing jumped out- the front desk staff. We had several people in and were getting ready for a meeting the following morning. She made sure we had a quiet place to talk, when the printer ran out of ink, she replaced it, etc, etc, etc It is the little things like that which make all the difference in the world.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Hampton2909, General Manager at Hampton Inn Panama City Beach, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in March. I hope that on your next trip to Panama City Beach you stay with us because we Love Having You Here.