“beautiful view of the ocean”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Center pool
Sunbird from the beach
View from deck of Sunbird
Sunset on the beach
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 8 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“beautiful view of the ocean”
Reviewed 19 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Very peaceful and quiet for our 42nd anniversary....would definitely stay there again!! I also like that I didn't have to stay a week like most condos.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Lacey1987
“Great stay”
Reviewed 8 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

We love our stay at the sunbird... The room was great and the owners are even better... Great price on the room and quick to return the deposit..

Corkdork7...
Roanoke, Virginia
“Great Value, Better Location”
Reviewed 7 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

After living in PCB for a number of years, I was pretty discerning about which condo to rent for our spur of the moment family vacation. I knew the Sunbird was in a prime location but often looked dated and in disrepair. I scoured the review sites and many travelers confirmed this except when I came upon this unit. For some reason travelers had great things to say about it and the owner, Brenda Hicks. There were none of the problems or concerned mentioned with other Sunbird properties. We booked.

The condo itself is right next to Pineapple Willies, across the street from the Walmart and diagonal to one of the best restaurants, Dee's Hangout. The beach is beautiful and the balcony afforded a nice view. I was also happily surprised by the pool- it was cool the whole time we were there and completely refreshing after a day of diving or sitting on the beach. The unit was clean, stocked with towels, beach toys, linens and clear directions about pool armbands and checkout procedures. We had plenty of room for my husband, myself and our daughter. There was even an extra rollaway bed in the closet, but we did not need it.

There were some condo issues that had nothing to do with the owner or this unit. The elevators were very slow and constantly full. It became worse when one broke over the weekend and everybody had to use the one working unit. There were also some issues with other guests. Particularly the woman screaming obscenities at her husband at 8:30 in the morning and the drinking, smoking and foul language at the pool. These did not pose a particular problem for my family since we were there to scuba dive and visit old friends; we spent little time on the actual condo grounds. Again, this has nothing to do with this unit or the owner, but maybe a little tighter management would help.

On the whole, this was a great place to stay. Brenda was wonderful to work with, the condo was well stocked and clean and we were in prime location for all we wanted to do while there. We will definitely rent 607E again!

BTW- Going through a private owner is definitely the way with Sunbird. I heard horror stories of people being charged for items they were not told about when checking in with Royal American (the management agency). We experienced none of this going through the owner. Our only additional expense was a parking tag which she informed us about. Be wary and book with an owner, particularly Ms. Hicks.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: location and value
Liked least: condition of condo complex
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tyler Texas
Reviewed 15 July 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway
Georgia
Reviewed 31 May 2012 for a stay in May 2012
person found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing