“There are better places to stay” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach-Pier Park Area

Hampton Inn & Suites Panama City Beach-Pier Park Area
Ranked #8 of 48 Hotels in Panama City Beach
Lake City, Florida
“There are better places to stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2009

My husband had business meetings in the area and his company recommended this hotel, since it was the most convenient to his meeting place. It is certainly not near anything else. It is over 1/2 mile as the crow flies to the beach, then there is not a close, public access. The Pier Park shopping center where I was planning to kill some time while he was in his meetings was over 1 1/2 miles away and there wasn't much there. The hotel is just out in the middle of nothing. It is a new, nicely decorated and clean hotel. The breakfast room was very attractive and the food was okay. The walls in the rooms must be very thin, you could hear every word being said in the rooms next door. I thought with it being newly constructed, the walls would have been better insulated. As there was not a do not disturb sign in our room, I asked about it at the front desk. I was going to be hanging out in the room quite a bit, going to the gym, etc. The desk clerk asked if I didn't want to have the room made up and I told her that I did not. She said she would make a note of it. They did as I asked and did not make up the room. However, late in the afternoon as I was lounging in bed and surfing the internet, I thought I heard a knock and before I could get up to see, the male desk clerk had opened my door. I had the security bolt on, so he could not open the door but a crack. I asked what he wanted, he said he was checking to see if the room had been serviced. I told him that I had asked that it not be and he said he had no record of it. The next day we were leaving and I again went to the front desk to tell them I would not be leaving until close to check out time of noon. Again I told her I had no do not disturb sign and she said "Oh, you still don't have one'? (This was the same girl as the day before) Like duh, where would I have gotten one, she didn't offer me one either time. She said she would make a note that I would be in the room and they should wait to make it up. I told her about the previous day and she just got a funny look on her face. Well, guess what... a little before 11am, just after I gotten out of the shower, the housekeeper opened the door, again with the bolt on, so it just opened a crack. I told her that I had told the front desk that I would not be leaving until later and she said they had not told her. When I left I told the same front desk girl that my door had again been opened. She said " I told them", I told her that they must not have gotten the message. No one ever apologized for my door being opened twice after I asked not to be disturbed. I would not stay here again, it is just not convenient to anything, there are better places to stay in this area.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)