“Second visit as good as first”

Ellie Mae's Southern Kitchen
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 11
Description: Fine southern cooking at it's BEST! Serving daily lunch and dinner plates, a variety of southern specialties, savory sides and homemade sweet tea!
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second trip here and won't be our last. If you are looking for good southern cooking this is the place. Being from the Memphis area I was skeptical of the BBQ but figured I would give it a whirl. It was great! Every menu item we have tried has been excellent. If I had to have a complaint it would be the cornbread was a tad too greasy but that didn't stop me from eating every bit of it. I can't wait til next year when we will be back!!!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Great home cooking menu. I had fried porch chops, mac and cheese and black eye peas. Our server came by to check on us several times. We dined outside since it was a nice cool day.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Awesome homecooked food!! A different plate lunch daily,always great. Open Monday thru Friday.Friendly service and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Nice small place with friendly service and good food. It's a change from most other places in Panama City Beach in that it doesn't specialize in seafood. Chicken and dumplings the way I remember them. You order at the counter. Specials change daily.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Saw this and loved the name so I had to eat there. It was as Southern as the name implied. Great fried chicken, chicken and dumplings, corn bread, field peas, corn, you name it! I had the Chicken and Dumplings, a friend had the fried chicken and another friend had the barbeque. Everything was cooked like Mama does. The price is reasonable and the iced tea is delicious!