“AWESOME!!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t know where to begin... This place is a hidden gem!! Don’t let the wait scare you.. it’s SO worth it! On a Monday evening 5:30 in September there was an hour wait for a table for 2 and 25 minutes for a bar set.
We started off our meal with a dozen 3 cheese baked oysters. YUM! So good and tender. My husband ordered the fried grouper platter with baked baby potatoes and cole slaw. The piece of grouper was bigger than his hand, lightly battered and fried. VERY tender and tasty! It was the BEST grouper I have ever had!! The small bite size potatoes were lightly salted and the mayo based slaw was very good.
I ordered the fried shrimp platter and I was not disappointed! 12 big, fat lightly battered shrimp!! I also got slaw, but opted for the cheese grits. Cheese grits were good.. if your a grit kinda gal like me :). All and all you can not go wrong with anything you order here!! This is our 4th time at Hunt’s and we will be back time and time again. Service was top notch! Never went without anything. I LOVE that it is a locally owned, family business! Thank Randy, Tina, Christie and Sissy for another excellent meal and experience!! See ya next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you're looking for a place to get some delicious oysters and cold beer in town, this is the spot!

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

The place is small and the wait was long but well worth it. The seafood was the best we ate during our visit. The seafood platter was both amazing fried as well as blackened. Staff were friendly.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

This has always been my family’s favorite restaurant. We have been coming to Panama City for more than 10 years and eat at Hunts at least 4 meals while here.
We arrived in town Friday stopped of course on our way in. It was ok but once again staff completely changed since we were here in May. Had raw oysters which were great and boiled shrimp that were over cooked. We decided they were just having an off night. We returned 2 nights later. I had grouper Po Boy hubby had snapper. They were both served on hamburger bun. Mine had a very fishy odd taste his was dry. I ate about half and was sick for 24 hours. I don’t know what is the problem but hope they fix it quickly I want Hunts back to the way it was!

3  Thank Deb C
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

I can't say enough about this family owned seafood restaurant located in old town, historic St. Andrew's, near the marina. We ate the baked oysters, cheesy jalapenos oh so yummy! Large shrimp salad, and tuna po-boy...have always loved this place. It's small place, but large on hospitality and fantastic food. Can't go wrong on anything here!