“Local Fave”

Big Mama's on the Bayou
Ranked #32 of 292 Restaurants in Panama City
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Picnic tables lined up for seating. Standard food, not bad, not great. A local place, with many regulars. Service was fine, and seemed to be a clean place.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

You may have to wait, but it is worth it. You can choose from 3 to 4 meats and a great variety of side dishes. Their desserts are worth the calories. The prices are very reasonable. Everything our party was great. The only complaint is that the portions were too large for our stomachs.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

An un-opposing exterior and interior, but you come for the food, right and I don't think you will be disappointed. We decided to make the short 20 minute drive from Panama City Beach to give Big Mama's a try for lunch and were very happy with the experience.

I am surprised by some of the negative reviews as we were very pleased with the food and service and will go back again. Try it for yourself and form your own opinion, but I think you will leave satisfied, some money left in your wallet and a full belly.

(11 a.m.-2:30 p.m.)
1 Meat & 2 Sides...$9.95
1 Meat & 3 Sides...$10.95
Veggie Plate with 4 sides...$9.95

Reviewed 22 November 2017 via mobile

Been here twice, very consistent food and service. You can get right in and get food quickly. All very good country cooking. Fried okra delicious. Very fresh homemade strawberry shortcake. Staff very friendly and efficient. Good price for the large portions. Lots of locals here.

Reviewed 21 July 2017

ham is very good, but not exactly country ham

I like to have breakfast with country ham and eggs at an unpretentious place whether at home or traveling. So I saw this on Tripadvisor and thought it was my type of place. I had the ham, eggs, grits, biscuit and coffee. The ham was a large protion with the bone in, which I really like. The eggs were done as I asked, over medium. The grits and coffee were good. The biscuit was very good. However I will note for purists like me that want real salt cured country ham, this was something else. It was not exactly city ham (sugar cured) either. It was somewhere in between.

The service was prompt and attentive, they kept my coffee mug filled and hot. There is a pleasant view over the lake/bayou so it was a great setting

Overall, it was quite good and I will definitely be back when in Panama City.