See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

It was a very bad experience. The place is cheap and I don’t mind staying here with the quality, but their service are bad. First day at our room and there wasn’t any towels so I had to call the front desk and they told me to go to the laundry room and knock to ask for towels. Why would a guest go get their towels in the first place??! So, I let that go because maybe it was a mistake. We were gone all day for the second day and came back to our room that hasn’t been cleaned and dirty towels. Again, I called the front desk and this time someone is bringing it over. We waited for an hour for the towels and there wasn’t any at all. Mind you I have kids that needs to be showered and this is almost midnight. I called the front desk again and she was very rude saying it is not her job to bring the towels. I really don’t care if it’s not your job, but coordinate with house keeper to bring the towels. I ended up showing my kids and reused soaking wet towels for them until the next day. The next morning, I called the front desk and asked to speak directly to the manager. Obviously, this place does not value customers. He didn’t even listen to the complaint and how bad it is except that what do I want. I said I need some damn towels and our room to be cleaned. That’s when they bring the towels over. Freaking idiots! It’s not a bad place to stay with the price you have to pay but the customer service sucks. Then they bring small hand towels that only dries one side of your butt chick!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Ronney M, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

To our valued guest. We sincerely apologize that your stay was an unpleasant one. I am taking your complaint to the housekeeping supervisor to let them know that this is not the kind of review we want and that our guest service has to be better than this. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide your lodging during your stay in Panama City.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Worst place ever dont stay in this hotel the roof was liking the bed was all wet water all over the floor . It stink really bad.we told the lady how our room was she didnt even said nothing she wal like ok im i can change you room. I told her no thank we left the same night

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank ShyrleyV2
Ronney M, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

To our valued guest, we apologize that your stay was not to your liking. Our property is still being fixed up and we are sorry that the room you spoke about had an issue. We just had the roof redone last year and were unaware that there was a problem like that in your room. Thank you for giving us an opportunity to provide your lodging while you were in Panama City and we will correct the issue you pointed out immediately.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Don’t take my word that this is the most disgusting place I’ve ever seen. Check out the pictures. After I got charged through the booking service I used, this horrible excuse of a hotel also charged me again directly. In the process of attempting to get some of my money back they stole.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
3  Thank robray615
Ronney M, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

I happy to report that your questions about your billing was resolved and your money was cheerfully refunded. In all companies there are procedures to be followed and we refunded your money after your reservation was researched by your online reservation company. I am also happy to report that we do not have prostitutes at this property and if our guests engage in illegal activities that is their choice and will be prosecuted when caught. We do not discriminate and prejudge our guests. Thank you for allowing us to provide you lodging during your stay in Panama City.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

i arrived the hotel didn't look like the pictures it looks run down. i had issue with the front attendant being rude. after having to call booking to cancel one of my days of reservation, once i got into the room it looked terrible the curtains were stained and dirty. the comforters had cigarette wholes and it was supposed to be a non smoking room. There were someones false eyelashes laying on the table. The floors were dirty i am going to contact the city, etc. They will not receive anymore of my services.

Room Tip: to me there isnt any good rooms here
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank marissadawson92
Ronney M, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

To our valued guest. Thank you for your comments albeit not the kind we look forward to reading. I have shown your comments to the head housekeeper to get this type of problem resolved. I am sorry your experience was not as pleasurable as it should have been. Should you visit Panama City again please allow me to show you a better room to make this right for you.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This was the most discussing hotel I've ever encountered. The rooms were horrible. , asbesto ceilings. . Locals informed about the hotel area. I left immediately. Thanks alot booking agent at Orbitz!!

Room Tip: Don't count on booking agents.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ibohall
Ronney M, General Manager at American Quality Lodge Panama City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

To our valued guest. Thank you for your comments albeit disappointing. I appreciate your giving us an opportunity to provide lodging. I sincerely apologize that your stay was not to your expectations. We are continuing to upgrade our rooms and I apologize if you were in one that had not gone through the renovation process. Please note that our room ceilings on the second floor are Tectum which originally was made of sugar cane fiber and does not utilize an asbestos product and the rooms on the first floor have a drywall ceiling. Should you visit Panama City please ask for the manager so I can help make it right for you.