“Overpriced decent food horrible service”

The Grand Marlin of Panama City Beach
Reserve a table
Wed, 03/03
20:00
Ranked #4 of 215 Restaurants in Panama City
Reviewed 23 January 2021 via mobile

We have had friends and family Rave about how great this place was so on this trip down we decided to try it. We arrived and were seated promptly our waiter came out and from the beginning he had a horrible attitude and acted like we were a nuisance to him. The food arrived and it was fine I did not see anything spectacular. Mine was the fried seafood platter which the only reason it could be called a fried seafood platter at all was because there was some fried seafood served on a platter. My fried seafood platter consisted of one piece of fish sitting atop a mountain of cheese grits two regular sized fried shrimp and two small fried oysters. While the seafood was good it was not outstanding the cheese grits were quite delicious probably some of the best I have ever had but nowhere near worth the price I paid for it especially when I was expecting a seafood platter. Two of my children got the fried shrimp po-boy which is probably one of the smallest shrimp Po-Boys I have ever seen it had six small shrimp on each side of the sandwich so nothing special there my younger children got the kids shrimp meals and fish meals. The shrimp meals for the children had more shrimp on them than my seafood platter and my two other children's shrimp Po-Boys combined and my other kids fish meal had more fish on it than my seafood platter. I would have been better off and would have gotten a better deal along with more food if I had simply ordered a child's fish meal and a child's shrimp meal. All in all not a great experience and I did not see anything there that was worthy of raving about.

1  Thank brandonb161
Write a reviewReviews (510)

Reviewed 17 January 2021

Excellent service & food. Everyone was wearing masks and social distancing from the entry. I felt very comfortable!

Reviewed 15 January 2021 via mobile

Thursday nights special was southern fried seafood platter. Gulf fish, oysters, shrimp,creamy grits, braised greens, green tomato chow chow. All I can say is this dish was amazing. Founders porter beer and I must not forget the dessert praline cup with chocolate base ice cream on top with fresh berry’s and chopped candied pecans on top. This restaurant is a must. Hunter did a great job and thanks to him we had a delicious dessert.

Reviewed 31 December 2020

We went to celebrate our wedding anniversary, what a great choice! Our menu had Happy Anniversary with our last name printed on the top, fun! Hostess and Hunter our waiter both said Happy Anniversary. Hunter gave us fabulous service and recommended the grouper and it was heaven on plate. My husband had the Mahi-mahi and said it was wonderful. Hunter brought an ice cream dessert for us to share that was fabulous. Would LOVE to go back.

Date of visit: December 2020
Reviewed 30 December 2020 via mobile

We have been to The Grand Marlin 3 days out of our 2 week vacation (so far)! The food is outstanding and the service has been above and beyond! Oysters, Calamari, Grouper Piccata, Rib eye, Prime Rib, all delicious and above all expectations! The GM was gracious and friendly! You really MUST try it for yourself, you will not regret it!! Thank you to all of the staff!!

Date of visit: December 2020