“Needs more staff”

Ranked #75 of 218 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The Varsity Club is a very attractive restaurant with a nice eating area outside even though it overlooks the parking area.

The food quality, amount and price are a 4 1/2. Also, the waitress was welcoming and hard working. The problem is that there isn't enough staff to bring the food quickly.

I would certainly go back if I was not in a rush.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

Not sure what it is about this place, but I really like the atmosphere. Small, cozy, intimate, but with plenty of energy and tons of TVs. I’ve never had a bad experience here and simply adore the staff who are always chipper and attentive. My go-to local place for a low key night.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Two friends and I wanted to go to a sports bar to watch Game 7 of the ALCS and have some dinner and beers. We decided to give Varsity Club a try. We were hopeful it would meet our desires.

The atmosphere was what you'd expect in a sports bar. Televisions around, loud, families, and sports. That was the best part. We were seated in the side room. There were 7 tvs in the room. 3 of the 7 were high definition sets. The others were old technology, fuzzy screens. We asked if the baseball game could be put on a tv, after all it was a game 7. The manager wasn't happy with our request. He put the game on one of the old 32" low def screens. We could barely see the set from our table. Instead, we had TCU playing unranked Kansa on the big screen. Who knows why!

The service was slow. We mean super slow. We ordered wings to start and beers. The beer was good. The wings were pretty good too. All of us ordered the steak tips for dinner. The tips came with bakes potatoes. The tips were not warm and the baked potatoes weren't even hot enough to melt butter. We agreed that if the meal had been hot, it would have been great. We also ordered dessert. We must say, the desserts were very good.

This place is good if you want to have a beer and watch a game. I'd recommend sitting in the bar area. Have a dessert too, but stay away from the entrees.

1  Thank JJB0408
Reviewed 18 August 2017

After walking out of a prior restaurant, the waitress that we had at Varsity Club made the whole evening much better. She was excellent and highly attentive. The food was fresh and I enjoyed each item that I had. The atmosphere is positive and the food arrived in a very speedy manner. No complaints. I usually come here with co-workers as well. I will continue to enjoy the Varsity Club!

1  Thank MJ R
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Grabbed a late lunch at the club. It's been a long time since I had been here. Being late I just had 2 appetizers. The boneless wings and the onion rings. I had the Chipotle barbecue flavor on the wings which I found very tasty with a little kick. And the order of onion rings could have served three. The service was quite good and just attentive enough . I don't like to be hovered over . They have daily specials, trivia games and karaoke night. So going enjoy, there's even outdoor seating when the weather is good. I plan to come back for a meal some night.

1  Thank Todd M