“Late lunch”

Ranked #72 of 224 Restaurants in Palm Harbor
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 June 2017 via mobile

Grabbed a late lunch at the club. It's been a long time since I had been here. Being late I just had 2 appetizers. The boneless wings and the onion rings. I had the Chipotle barbecue flavor on the wings which I found very tasty with a little kick. And the order of onion rings could have served three. The service was quite good and just attentive enough . I don't like to be hovered over . They have daily specials, trivia games and karaoke night. So going enjoy, there's even outdoor seating when the weather is good. I plan to come back for a meal some night.

1  Thank Todd M

Reviewed 12 June 2017

Lynn and I recently had lunch at the Varsity Club for the first time. Upon entering we thought that the restaurant was a bit too dark, but the atmosphere was comfortable. Our server, Kevin could not have been more helpful and friendly. We decided to do appetizers for lunch. We shared an order of 8 chicken wings ($7.95) with Italian Dry Rub. We also had a huge order of Fried Pickles ($5.95). We loved both the pickles and the wings. We had never had wings done this way and thought that it was really a creative good idea to serve them this way. The Fried Pickles were hot and tasty too. I am sure that we will be back.

1  Thank Radiohutch
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

the worst experience i have had in a long time at a restaurant. over an hour wait, then they served a burnt pizza. when we mentioned the pizza was burnt, the waitress got rude and hateful. the manager came out and had the same attitude. will never go back

2  Thank forerunmed
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

We came here for dinner tonight after flying for six hours. The wings great as are salads and fish. Such a simple neighborhood place but really good food.

1  Thank karen g
Reviewed 10 April 2017

We have been to this location of the Varsity Club many times. It was always very good. The last time that we were there it was a bit disappointing. We stopped in about noon. We usually sit on the patio. We went to a table that the people had just left. The chairs were covered in some kind of black dust. The table was also covered in the same dust. My wife and I picked up some napkins and wiped the chairs off. I started wiping the table off, when the sever came over and said that the table needed cleaning from the last people. I showed her the black on the napkins and said it needs more than that. She said, oh yah, that is from last night, the parking lot dust. Okay, WHY weren't the tables and chairs wiped down when they opened. My wife had on white shorts. Would have been real nice if WE had not wiped off the chairs! The fried pickles we had were good. I got the club sandwhich as usual. It has a lot less meat on it than it used to. It still tasted good but about half the meat. Beer seemed a bit pricey too.

1  Thank CAK0