1,570 results
All reviewssinger islandkingfish buildingcobiamarriott timesharetime sharemarriott ownerssailfish marinabedroom villavacation clubwater aerobicsblue heronocean viewshuffle boardmain poolpools and hot tubsplanned activitiesgreat resort
Reviewed 13 June 2010

When turning off the interstate to make our way to the resort we were stunned. This resort is located in a terrible place. It looks as if a nuclear bomb went off years ago and no one has ever cleaned up the mess. Garbage is all over the side of the road and many homeless people are walking along the streets. Once through the nuclear waste dump we arrived at the resort. It was beautiful. However once in our room we realized that "Ocean side" meant a view of the parking lot. You have to hang over the rail of the balcony to even see the slightest glimpse of the ocean. On the second day we decided to travel out to get something to eat. There was NOTHING! We ended up eating at a Taco Bell..... Not a nice place to eat when you're on vacation. Overall, If youre going to drive all the way down to Palm beach you might as well go to Miami where you can actually go out to eat without worrying about getting shot!!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MTSing
Reviewed 11 June 2010

I love the Marriott Vacation Club resorts. I did a lot of research before choosing this place to stay and I was not dissapointed. When traveling, I like to have plenty of room to spread out and be comfortable. We arrived at the Ocean Point on Singer Island in the afternoon and were greeted immediately at the check in desk and given all the information we needed to find our room. Parking is FREE, and it was easy to find a spot near our building (there are 4 buildings on property). Our room was a one bedroom with a king size bed in the bedroom and a very comfortable pull out sofa in the living room.(tow flat screen TV's and dvd players too) The patio's Oceanview was wonderful. The King bed was nicely dressed with an overstuffed crisp white duvet and had an oversized soaking whirlpool tub flanked to the side. The walkthrough bathroom had a stand alone shower and second sink basin where everything was clean and tidy (hair dryer, lots of clean towels and bath and body works shampoo and conditioner). The kitchen comes with everything you need to prepare meals, including pots, pans, utensils, coffee maker, blender, microwave, etc. One of the best features of the room, was the stackable washer and dryer. I came form Orlando, where we sweated it out while waiting in long lines for rides at disney. I was ready for clean clothes and swimming and relaxing. We headed out to the beach where you can rent chairs for the day with an umbrella. The water was a little rough, but the kids enjoyed it. Then we headed in one of the 4 pools. It was nice to relax poolside and the tiki bar supplied drinks and snacks. Since we only stayed for two nights, we opted to dine out for our meals. There is not a full service on-site restaraunt, but the Sailfish marina is less than a mile away and is very nice. Another restaurant, Johnny Longboats, is also less than a mile down the road. They both serve three meals a day. The hotel does have an onsite pizza hut, market place with supplies for making small meals, and tons of activites lined up for the kids. I would LOVE to go back to this resort and stay for a long week!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank ineedavacation5
Reviewed 4 June 2010

We traded our timeshare to stay here at the Marriott. We were pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews. We stayed in the Pompano building... room 4218. We had a beautiful (distant) view of the ocean from our balcony, as well as our living room. The room was very clean and decorated very nicely. We enjoyed eating breakfast and lunch on out balcony. The pools were wonderful! There were plenty of chairs... I would recommend more umbrellas though. The water temperature was perfect. The grounds were beautiful! There was always something to do. We hope to go back!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank dododee
Reviewed 1 June 2010

I had a great time. My favorite was the pools and jacuzzis because they were salt water based. I went for memorial day weekend and even though the hotel was booked at 100% of its capacity, it was pleasant and there were always pool chairs and tables available. It is designed for a family who plans to stay and cook hamburgers on the grill and pretty much cook for the family. I don't recommend you stay in a unit without a kitchen because they have no good restaurants on site and the local area does not have a wide selection of restaurants. The pool area has six stainless steel bbqs (top of the line). It was just so.... relaxing and the staff is kind and not uptight at all. I had friends visit and they gave me no hassle about a parking pass for my additional car. I plan on returning next year. It was just great!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank anosti
Reviewed 23 May 2010

We exchanged our timeshare to spend a week. The resort is very well maintained and the staff is very friendly. We reserved a two bedroom and what we got was a two bedroom lockoff unit. The unit was quite large and laid out well. We were told by the staff that they are beginning a major makeover of this place. It was nicer than most of the timeshares we have stayed at and are already in the process of upgrading. This resort is top notch. Only downside to the area is if you are traveling with teens, there is not a lot to do in the area for teens and young children. We are hoping to travel back here one day for a romantic vacation without the kids.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family