1,580 results
All reviews singer island kingfish building cobia marriott timeshare time share marriott owners sailfish marina bedroom villa vacation club water aerobics blue heron ocean view shuffle board main pool pools and hot tubs planned activities great resort
Reviewed 17 September 2009

PROS: The Resort and beach were beautiful, clean and well kept. Staff was always helpful and cheerful. Upon check in we asked for a room with a view and Kamaal put us in a room that had a view of the Beach, the Waterway and the Marina!! My husband and I had our coffee and breakfast on the balcony every morning! The room was a good size, clean and well appointed....we had everything we needed. The Resort is well located for day trips into West Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami! While the food onsight at the Tiki Bar and the Pizza Hut Express was reasonably priced and actually very good, the selection is limited and there is only 1 Restaurant that we knew of that was in walking distance at the Sailfish Marina. We understand that there is a water taxi to West Palm Beach from here, but the docks in West Palm Beach were under construction and were not in service when we were there. Some reviews have mentioned the area surrounding the resort, mainly Riviera Beach. I would have to agree that the area right on the other side of the bridge to Singer Island is a bit rundown and would appear to be an unsafe place at night, but we did drive through a few times without any incidents, however we did notice several police vehicles patroling. There is an alternate way around to avoid the area and that might be the best route in the evening. The resort is actually pretty far removed from this and is in a lovely area in a Town called Palm Beach Shores and we never once felt unsafe while in the Resort or wallking around the neighborhood surrounding the Marriott. There were a few negatives and they're actually pretty minor. The Tiki Bar closes very early, (10:00 pm) so this is a pretty quiet Resort...if you're looking for night life you won't find it here. While the Resort does provide you with beach towels, they do not provide lounge chairs on the beach...there is a Vendor on the beach who will rent you chairs, but the price is totally absurd...I believe they wanted $150 for the week, for the two chairs and an umbrella!!

Overall we loved this resort, and the beach! We had a wonderful experience and would go back again!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2009

The rooms themselves are fine BUT there is no ocean view , your balcony will overlook the parking lot and the buildings are too far from the ocean to hear it. I am a Marriott owner in Vail and they still would not give me anything higher than the 3rd floor so the only people with real views are owners in that actual building not Marriott owners. The service is another let down , the bar by the main pool has terrible service they also charge more for draft beer than can beer! they also do not take cash you must use a credit card or charge to the room. The other big problem is parking , there are not enough spots so you may have to park at a whole other building so good luck just running to the store and back because your spot will be taken right away and your in for a long walk back to your building.
by far the most disappointing thing is the room views , if you get below the 4th floor you will not see the ocean they have so much trees blocking the beach and pool areas - what were they thinking ?!? The free hi speed internet is a joke! it was so slow thank god I had my own evdo modem or there would have been no internet at all. Marriott is opening a new resort up the road called ocean view that will hopefully be true to its name.

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank jhkilroy
Reviewed 30 August 2009

Thoroughly enjoyed my vacation at the Marriott Ocean Pointe. My family stayed in a 3 bedroom unit which was spacious and well appointed for a timeshare resort. We stayed in the Pompono building, parking area and hallways were clean considering the massive size of the resort. Oceanfront view was perfect but you will need to stay above the 4th floor for that. The resort offered a variety of activities if you were looking for something to do during the day. A quick stop at the grocery store took care of our needs for food and we were set for the week. The ocean has big waves at times so don't swim alone but it is fun for boogie boards. I would recommend the resort repair the pool grout that would be my only complaint.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Stayed one week in a two bedroom villa time share with husband in the Sailfish building (6th floor). Loved it!. I would not want to stay at the seperated dolphin building. But if you happen to get stuck there, It wouldn't be bad at all becuase everything is never crowded and you would probably have the nicest view becuase its right next to the jetty.

Our hotel room was Biggest I've ever seen. Literally bigger than my house. Beautiful ocean view and TWO balconies!. Nicely decorated, clean, and comfortable. A little bit well used, but also well taken care of. Villa looks exactly as protrayed in advertisments. Plenty of towels, linens, extra pillows (on top of the many pillows already on the bed). extra blankets, sheets, etc. Such a comfortable bed, too.

They gave you everything you need: paper towels, dish soap, dish and laundry detergent, sponges. Yes! There is a dish washer and washing/dryer machine!! ATTENTION COFFEE DRINKERS: They only provide one day's worth of coffee complimentary, so make sure to bring your own for subsequent days!! Also, bring salt and pepper. Other than that, a blender, crockpot, full silverware, can opener, pots, pans, and everything you could possibly need for kitchen equipment is provided.

Just to let you all know, the water DOES smell funny and has a green tinge. That said, we drank it anyway and didn't die. Its so slight, you might not notice. Its just the areas water; its perfectly safe and Its not as bad as the water in Orlando, which smells like aligator pee.

Oh there was free complimentary internet. Seemed slow, but did the job. The cable was a bit fuzzy sometimes. I don't have cable, so I don't know if that is normal.

The beach: I've lived in california, hawaii, and panama city fl. And this was one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. Clear warm water, nice waves (not too big for children, but big enough to surf) lots and lots of shells. You will NOT be disapointed in the beach.

The grounds: Good luck EVER getting to play with the ping pong table or pool table. Its a favorite of the kids and it is NEVER available. The shuffle board, vollyball, and swings on the other hand, were always available and we used them a lot. There were a LOT children, and they have tons of activities for children. But the resort is so big that its easy to escape them becuase there is an adult spa (which was awsome and never croweded) and kids never seemed to use the adult pool, even though they are allowed to after 11 am. The adult spa is a huge squiggly design, so you can get in and have a private nook and not have to talk to other people in the other nooks! We loved it. We never used the spa and pools the children dominated, not becuase we felt we couldn't, its just the adult only was just so inviting.

Daily activites: They provide a sheet each night for the next day's activites. Take advantage of the water arobics classes in the morning. They are so lame, but so much fun, and lots of people do it. Most of the activities are gearned torward children. We showed up for one of the adult "activities" they had on their list of daily activites they provide, and only one other couple showed up so we left. Don't waste your time. One thing that was annoying is that sometimes they were often late putting out the sheet of activities for the next day, and you could only get it the day of.

Resturants: it doesn't seem imediately obvious that there are any resturants to go to, but there actually are. We walked to several, just ask the consierge where to go. The onsite pizza hut seemed to have extrodinarily good pizza... maybe its just becuase I typically get Dominos.

Check in/out, was easy and they were curtious. Although, we accidently kept a beach towel past the 6 pm turn in time, and I went to the front desk to ask if we could turn it in or what would happen, and the desk person joked that it was a charge of 134!! he was just joking, but NOT FUNNY! The ladies at the towel hut make it seem as thought you are signing away your life for towel, but its not like that at all. Just don't keep any and you wont get charged. Love being able to turn in towels for fresh ones at the towel hut, but i noticed that they were often out of fresh towels due to demand.

The "bad area," Yes, there is one we went through on our way to the resort and it freaked me out. But its very far away from the resort (not within walking distance). I felt totally safe on and around the resort grounds. We felt safe exploring the area on bycicles and when walking to resturants in the day and night times. Nothing to worry about at all.

We also brought a canoe so we could go to peanut island. At low tide you could almost WALK there. It was fun to do, but I would NOT pay someone to take me there.. Once there, we were too scared to snorkle becuase of a few jelly fish. i much perfered the water in front of the resort.

I would like to visit the resort again someday. It was like a relaxing second honeymoon with my husband and i returned to work refreshed and already missing the beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank foreverleanna
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Having been in the Timeshare community for about 12 years and trading through I.I., I am experienced with a lot of what's out there, including Marriott.

If you are familiar with Marriott and its typical quality, this resort will match right up. Adequate villas. Adequate landscaping. Great location (right on a very lovely stretch of beach).

Pros: Excellent beach. Secure property. Comfortable, clean rooms. Nice landscaping with several pools, shuffleboard, large lawn swings, hot tubs, grills, and beach access. A Pizza Hut Marketplace restaurant and also a bar & grill by the central pool. A sundries shop. The stretch of beach it sits on is really nice ~ very fine sand, clear, warm water. There's a guy with a shack on the beach (unaffiliated with Marriott) who will rent you nice chaise lounges with umbrellas, boogie boards, and Hobie Cats, among other things.

Cons: Bar & Grill food was pretty bad; all made from frozen. They had a very limited kitchen prep area, so not much they could do there. Marriott is stingy with in-room supplies: no shampoo, no conditioner, no lotion, no coffee filters, no salt & pepper, no laundry detergent. This is unusual for timeshares, in my experience. Also, no maid service at all, not even a "mid-week tidy", usually offered by other properties, unless you pay extra for it. When you're at a beach resort, maid service (at least a towel exchange!) would have been lovely. Finally, the pool was our biggest disappointment: cloudy, dirty at the bottom and debris floating on the top, and (per my youngest) salty-tasting (ewww...). The central pool was the biggest offender, the other pools weren't quite so bad.

Through lousy luck of the draw, my villa's location was pretty crummy, unfortunately. View of the parking lot and an adjacent, pink (we're in Florida, don't forget) apartment building, on the bottom floor, right over the parking garage. Got to listen to the door to the elevator lobby squeak and slam 24/7. Not Marriott's fault; someone's got to have that unit...

Lots of cigarette butts in the sand, too. Not a Marriott issue, I know, but one of my pet peeves ~ what makes smokers think the rest of us want to see their trash? Lazy, disgusting,....arrrgh! Ok, I'm over it.

Anyway, overall we had a great time, and the property met, for the most part, my expectations.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family