“Resort is nice”

Marriott's Ocean Pointe
north canton, Ohio
Reviewed 17 July 2005

This resort is quite nice. My family visited from 7/1/05-7/8/05 and we are Marriott Vacation Club owners. We traded our property to go to this resort. The condo. was clean and the staff was attentive. We needed a roll away bed and they did not have them, so we had to rent from an outside co., named Family Rentals, I believe. It was $63. for the week. The resort did let us use their linens though, which saved $10.

The pools were nice and there were plenty of chairs, even over the 4th of July weekend. The beach was clean and the resort will rent chairs and cabanas.

The surrounding area was less than appealing. They are still recovering from last year's hurricanes. A good nearby restaurant is called the Sailfish Marina. It was $100 + for a family of four. We tended to drive to West Palm, Juno/Jupiter to eat.

The Garden's in West Palm is a nice shopping area. Tried to shop in Palm Beach. Many shops are closed in the summer.

It was much hotter/muggier than I prefer, but I would love to go back in the winter or spring.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 June 2005

We've traveled extensively since purchasing a Marriott timeshare and joining Interval International three years ago. With three children in tow it is the most economical and comfortable way to travel. I admit that I have high expectations, and if the room is not white glove clean, I have a difficult time relaxing. However, we've had wonderful experiences everywhere we have gone from Aruba to Arizona and from Florida up to Virginia. We've been to 6 resorts and loved every one. Except for Marriott's Ocean Pointe. All I can say is, "yuch". From the blood on the master bathroom floor, to the foreign hair hanging off of a lightswitch and all over the floor in the foyer and kitchen I was skeeved to tears at check in. The carpet needed replacing and the furniture was quite worn, but it was the large amounts of sand on the couch and chair cushions and even on the end tables that made the room worse in my mind than it already was. The hotel responded to my complaint by sending someone to the room to rewash the floors, but we were stuck with the sandy furniture for the week - and just laid towels across anywhere that we wanted to sit down. The hotel is not located in the greatest of areas. I wouldn't stray too far from the hotel by foot during the day, let alone at night. I like to run - but I hung up my sneakers for the week for fear of getting mugged.

The pools were nice, but there is no removal of trash during the day - so the cans get filled up quickly and by mid afternoon, you have to leave your garbage on the pool deck near the garbage cans. Chairs at the pool are a challenge to find and there were a couple of days that we were unable to get pool towels until after 2PM, even though we had been trying since 9am on those mornings. We learned from other guests that you take your towels to your room at night and just trade them in for new ones the next day - whenever some become available - if they ever become available. We were witness to one serious argument over pool chairs that almost resulted in a fistfight. Tension runs high in the pool area. The mixed drinks at the pool bar were enjoyable, but prices varied depending upon which bartender made them!? Beach chairs cost extra, as you have to rent them from a private company. The beach is nice, as long as you do not look to the right where there is an industrial looking area that looks like some kind of refinery. There were a couple of families who took their babies into the hot tubs. Child Abuse in my opinion, but gross on top of that. We stayed away. Sitting in a 105 degree stew of feces and urine is not my idea of relaxation. At the pool you can purchase typical poolside hotel food - the kids loved it - I yearned for a good salad. There is a seafood restaurant walking distance from the hotel and you can charter a fishing trip with one of the boat owners at the docks there, which we did and thoroughly enjoyed. Expensive, but well worth it watching the kids pull in Barracudas and Amberjack. But as far as the resort goes, the bottom line is that there are so many much, much, much better places out there and life is too short to waste another week at this hotel.

18  Thank lovetotravel5

13  Thank tiggrabb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm Beach Shores
0.5 km away
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacation Villas
Palm Beach Shores Resort & Vacat...
#2 of 5 in Palm Beach Shores
1.7 km away
Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa
1.5 km away
Hilton Singer Island Oceanfront/Palm Beaches Resort

Been to Marriott's Ocean Pointe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK