1,574 results
All reviewssinger islandkingfish buildingcobiamarriott timesharetime sharemarriott ownerssailfish marinabedroom villavacation clubwater aerobicsblue heronocean viewshuffle boardmain poolpools and hot tubsplanned activitiesgreat resort
Reviewed 23 June 2005

We've traveled extensively since purchasing a Marriott timeshare and joining Interval International three years ago. With three children in tow it is the most economical and comfortable way to travel. I admit that I have high expectations, and if the room is not white glove clean, I have a difficult time relaxing. However, we've had wonderful experiences everywhere we have gone from Aruba to Arizona and from Florida up to Virginia. We've been to 6 resorts and loved every one. Except for Marriott's Ocean Pointe. All I can say is, "yuch". From the blood on the master bathroom floor, to the foreign hair hanging off of a lightswitch and all over the floor in the foyer and kitchen I was skeeved to tears at check in. The carpet needed replacing and the furniture was quite worn, but it was the large amounts of sand on the couch and chair cushions and even on the end tables that made the room worse in my mind than it already was. The hotel responded to my complaint by sending someone to the room to rewash the floors, but we were stuck with the sandy furniture for the week - and just laid towels across anywhere that we wanted to sit down. The hotel is not located in the greatest of areas. I wouldn't stray too far from the hotel by foot during the day, let alone at night. I like to run - but I hung up my sneakers for the week for fear of getting mugged.

The pools were nice, but there is no removal of trash during the day - so the cans get filled up quickly and by mid afternoon, you have to leave your garbage on the pool deck near the garbage cans. Chairs at the pool are a challenge to find and there were a couple of days that we were unable to get pool towels until after 2PM, even though we had been trying since 9am on those mornings. We learned from other guests that you take your towels to your room at night and just trade them in for new ones the next day - whenever some become available - if they ever become available. We were witness to one serious argument over pool chairs that almost resulted in a fistfight. Tension runs high in the pool area. The mixed drinks at the pool bar were enjoyable, but prices varied depending upon which bartender made them!? Beach chairs cost extra, as you have to rent them from a private company. The beach is nice, as long as you do not look to the right where there is an industrial looking area that looks like some kind of refinery. There were a couple of families who took their babies into the hot tubs. Child Abuse in my opinion, but gross on top of that. We stayed away. Sitting in a 105 degree stew of feces and urine is not my idea of relaxation. At the pool you can purchase typical poolside hotel food - the kids loved it - I yearned for a good salad. There is a seafood restaurant walking distance from the hotel and you can charter a fishing trip with one of the boat owners at the docks there, which we did and thoroughly enjoyed. Expensive, but well worth it watching the kids pull in Barracudas and Amberjack. But as far as the resort goes, the bottom line is that there are so many much, much, much better places out there and life is too short to waste another week at this hotel.

18  Thank lovetotravel5