“Your best choice for Scuba ”

Walker's Dive Charters
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Im very very pleased with the captain and crew of this dive charter. The Captain Bill Walker has a great business model. He has a very professional mature crew and a boat that handles the job well. We will most certainly go with this charter again. You 'inthewater' experience is only as good as King Neptune grants you but the driscriminating difference is the captain the crew and the boat. My thanks and appreciation to Donna and Michelle.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"hook"
"unload"

Reviewed 25 August 2017

Walker's Dive Charters is a quality operation and one of only a couple in the area that a local Instructor would recommend. The boat is excellent, very well equipped with all the right safety equipment, and Captain Bill is very experienced and balanced (our planned second day of diving was pulled after a discussion on the adverse conditions). That said, he was happy to rely on the signed waver rather than seeing our C-cards. Logisitics are easy - there is an unloading area near the boat, and a couple of barrows for the gear nearby. No shower except the one on board (with hot water) but a rinse bucket on the quayside. Charters can be daytime (two tank dives, possibly a wreck and then a reef, both drift) or night offshore if you're into darkwater diving. If you choose the former don't expect the accompanying dive guide to show you much and if there's something you want to stop and see, such as the goliath groupers, a reef hook comes in handy.

Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

We planned a dive with another boat, but were sent here because of a Coast Guard issue. The Captain and crew were very friendly andthe boat was nice. However the current was very strong in the area that we went and everyone was blown off of the reef expect the DM. So we didn't see much at all. I will say, at least we weren't at work. I think the Captain should take the current into account more when choosing a place to dive, instead of just going to the regular places. But was a nice day out anyway.

1  Thank Canoe S
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Captain had a fun no messing around kind of attitude. Michelle was one of our guides, very focused on a safe dive and reminding us of the little things to keep us safe. She is a little more on the serious side and light on the fun...haha, but great to dive with. Jean was very helpful on the boat and a very fun and sweet lady who is constantly looking for ways to help you have a fun trip both on the boat and in the water. Overall I would certainly recommend diving with them. They had drinks on the boat and fruit. If you need more to eat, make sure you bring it.
The ship wreck was covered with marine life big and small, anna marie I thnk it was called. The Flower garden was ok , and reef after that was uneventful so make sure you get to dive the shipwrecks. Try not to drift by the wrecks too fast as they are the most active. Huge Goliath Groupers all over down low the day we were there.
Be prepared to help unload the tanks after you dive which is fine but not always required on dive boats. If your not a strong guy get up top on the concrete so you're not transporting them up the ramp. I jumped in on the ramp because I had running shoes on and not flip flops so it was easier.