“great lunch-great service”
Review of Rocco's Tacos

Rocco's Tacos
Reserve with OpenTable
Rocco's Tacos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hickory Dr.
Description: Rocco's Tacos offers a true taste of Mexico within a fun casual environment. When you first step through the door you become part of the atmosphere, joining a diverse crowd enjoying flavors picked directly from Mexico. Experience guacamole prepared tableside. Sample from 225 varieties of tequila. Order a margarita with a sour mix you'll taste nowhere else - it's made right on the premises. Rocco's provided a diverse menu with a distinct attention to detail including corn tortillas made by hand and cooked fresh on the Comal in our kitchen, just as they are made in kitchens throughout our neighbors to the south. Prepare for a treat, with the authentic Mexican flavors of Rocco's Tacos. Whether you're looking for a tasty lunch, a destination to build, or a late night fun, you'll find it here. Enjoy.
Reviewed 4 November 2016

I was craving Mexican today so my wife convinced me to try Rocco's Tacos in Palm Beach Gardens. She Had been before at other locations but this was a first for us here. With the outside heat finally subsiding (it's been a long hot summer) we decided to sit outside. It was closing in on mid-afternoon so we had pick of the tables.
Our waiter, Jon, quickly appeared with our menus and a cheerful hello. He explained the menu and took our drink orders while we contemplated our selections. Jon quickly returned with our drinks, an explanation of several items on the menu and an announcement of the day's specials.
We started with tortilla chips with the guacamole dip which was artfully prepared at the table. We also had some of the salsa. The guacamole dip was delicious. Mine had some chopped jalapenos on the side as my wife can't stand the heat.
Our lunches were pork tacos with white rice and spicy black beans (one of the specials) and enchiladas mole poblano. The food was served promptly and the meals were simply delicious.
For dessert we had Churros, a fried donut treat, smothered in a dusting of sugar and cinnamon and topped with ice cream, whipped cream and a chocolate caramel sauce. Let me just say that there was not a trace of churros when we finished.
Great lunch.
Let me speak a little about our server, Jon. Jon did an expert explanation of menu items and, hearing my wife's dislike for hot foods, he was quick to steer her away from the more spicy menu items. He was extremely knowledgeable of the menu ingredients and a very well spoken individual and obviously keeping his attention on us as we spoke. We did have an incident at the table where an iced tea glass left Jon's grip and spilled. Jon handled the situation as a pro would with a swift cleanup and a bold apology. Another star for Jon.
Needless to say, it was an enjoyable lunch with my lovely wife.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

First, I'll tell you about the high point...the guacamole fans in our group said the tableside guac was great.

Now, the rest. In the interest of full disclosure, we were there on a Saturday night with a 7:30 reservation.

We were seated at a table in the middle of the restaurant. The only problem with that is that there wasn't enough room to get around us. I was bumped and jostled by staff (most of the time) and customers at least, 25 times in our visit (and I'm not exaggerating), so were others at our table (though not as often).

Our server wasn't very attentive (ordering a beverage from the bar took much longer than it should and I could see my beer sitting over there waiting to be picked up). He wasn't horrible, but he wasn't 20% worthy (and I'm generally a generous tipper).

No one in our group thought the food was exceptional, it was ok (and did come out of the kitchen fairly quickly).

All in all, meh....we probably wouldn't go back, too many other places to try.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

This restaurant is extremely popular and it's easy to see why. They have an extensive menu, large bar and lots of seating, both indoor and out. This is not the typical Mexican restaurant--it's more like traditional Mexican married to a fusion cuisine.
There's something for everyone!

Reviewed 25 October 2016

Unbelievable guacamole!!! Made fresh in front of you. Can spice it up or cool down the spicy peppers. It's the real deal and has really tasty tostadas to dip into the bowl. $12.50 but plenty to share with someone or take home for a second go around.
The other thing I really like about Rocco's Tacos is they have Negro Modelo draft beer.
Having lived in Mexico off and on for 12 years, I quickly developed a taste for this beer that is authentically Mexican and does the guacamole great partnership.

Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

This spot have more to offer than tacos. Loved the atmosphere and the staff was very friendly and courteous. Like the convenient that they had valet parking.