All reviews the concierge lounge full service hotel general manager bit dated hotel restaurant front desk staff coffee maker lobby area mini fridge short drive nice pool properties mall florida interstate housekeeper
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

While the staff was absolutely lovely; check in, restaurant, shuttle....I can not give this property a good review. The rooms and public areas are in need of a serious refurbishment, this property is rundown.

Carpets in the bathroom area .... disgusting. I was afraid to turn on the lights and use the bathroom during the night as I didn’t want to know what was living underneath. Marriott????! Your customers deserve a renovated & clean property when your name is on the door!!!!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
FletcherMayes, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay here at our hotel. I appreciate the kind comments about the staff, your seamless check-in, the restaurant and our complimentary shuttle that services the area taking guests to their offices, shopping and local restaurants. The hotel is in need of a renovation but I’m hoping you’re not confusing wear with the property being dirty. Our team makes every effort to ensure that the public areas and each of our guestrooms are clean, with everything in working condition. I will certainly work with our Housekeeping Team to reinforce our commitment to providing our guests with a comfortable stay that exceeds their expectations. As an aside, the hotel is in the final planning stages of a complete renovation that will address the condition of the hotel and propel us to the forefront of design while providing our guests with the Marriott experience they have come to expect. I hope you will consider returning when your travels bring you back to this side of South Florida.

Travel Brilliantly!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I stayed at this hotel year ago. It is not a fancy Marriott by any standards. This time I stayed for 9 nights while playing a bridge tournament. I cannot use enough superlatives to describe the staff. To a person they went out of their way to welcome, please, help and make the stay wonderful. The Concierge Lounge kitchen was closed so we were given full breakfast and evening snacks in the restaurant. Super breakfast with wonderful service. I actually sought out the manager to tell her she was certainly doing something right.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for business on 8/13. I was greeted right away from the front desk ladies. It was a long travel day for me since I came from AZ so I was tired and ready for a drink. Ashley was the one that helped me and was more than helpful and very personable. When I got to my room I realized that my work laptop wasn’t working (happens a lot) and needed a screw driver to open it up. Went down stairs and Ashley helped yet again. She looked threw draws to help find what I needed and she saved the day! Once I got my computer working again I went back down to the bar where I sat. This experience wasn’t the same as I gotten at the front desk. Took awhile for either bar tender to acknowledge me. They both seemed very distracted in other workers around. The bar wasn’t dead so it was odd they weren’t really paying customers any attention. This was a disappointment to me and an area that could be worked on. I will say the hotel is old and could use some TLC but it wasn’t in a shape that I wouldnt come back. Felt the hotel was clean including the rooms which is really important. Over all a pretty good experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

It looks like they dont care about a comfortable stay .main feature of a great hotel is a comfortable stay.how you can be comfortable when the furniture in the room are dirty and the room smel noise from the elevator or who know what it was.no atention to details .elevators have old scraches and marks.overall no maintenance.this is very rare situacion on a marriots hotels.but i guess the forgot about this one.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
FletcherMayes, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us. Please accept my apology for the conditions that you noted within this review. We care deeply about the cleanliness and condition of the property. As an older hotel we make an extra effort to ensure that property, and especially the rooms are in good repair, well-appointed and comfortable. As an aside, the hotel is in the final planning stages of a complete renovation that, when complete, will address all of your condition concerns and more.

I appreciate your patronage and feedback. Your comments assist us in improving the quality of our product and the service we provide to our guests. Take care and I hope you will consider returning when your travels bring you back to the beautiful Palm Beaches.

Travel Brilliantly!

Reviewed 15 August 2018

Tough call when the front desk staff are so nice and efficient and the room is very good, but the restaurant is the worst Marriott experience I've ever had. Can't say enough about the room and sleeping experience; it just hit all the right notes for a Marriott. Even had a mini-fridge which hadn't anticipated, but was welcome. Would have given the property a 5 star rating if I hadn't gone down to breakfast.
Where this hotel is at, the restaurant on property is the only option for breakfast. The food was terrible, there was an omelet station with no one at it (and it wasn't self-serve), and zero service. Their idea of service was dropping the check off about 10 min. after I finished serving myself water and the buffet. Oh, and when I went to get my food they sat someone else at my table - so it was up to me to find somewhere else to sit.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
FletcherMayes, General Manager at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Thank you for your honest comments about your recent stay at Marriott Palm Beach Gardens. I appreciate you mentioning the friendly, efficient team at the front desk. We are truly fortunate the have a group of consummate professionals that serve as ambassadors for the hotel. Also, I appreciate you mentioning some of the thoughtful amenities that we have here, like the mini-fridge in every room. Please accept my apology for the service you experienced in the restaurant during breakfast. I am disappointed that we did not immediately attend to your needs, both from a service and culinary stand-point. As of this review, I have personally spoken to our restaurant and kitchen management team in an effort to refocus our attention during the critical periods of the day, especially at breakfast.

I appreciate your patronage and hope that you will return when your travels bring you back to the Palm Beaches. I assure you that the restaurant experience will be better.

Take care and Travel Brilliantly!