All reviews wine hour front desk sushi bar beach side corner room hotel restaurant valet parking lounge chairs beach service great beach upon check private beach long weekend off season beautiful property kimpton priscilla
Reviewed 21 September 2016

Stayed here a few weeks ago for a Friday night just to get away from my home 45 mins north. was looking at the Four Seasons when this property popped up with a great Fla resident rate. I booked an oceanfront room and was thrilled they are a pet friendly hotel. What I neglected to realize was that only a few of the oceanfront rooms have a balcony and that is a different rate. We worked it out upon arrival - we were shown a partial ocean view room that was immediately ready but the balcony area was in desperate need of maintenance. The halls are painted a terribly dark shade of brown and along with dark carpet it gives the feeling of being dirty. I was very disappointed that the billiards table shown in their photos on line has been replaced with a sushi bar-couldn't that have been incorporated with the bar across the way? Staff were helpful and friendly and the bicycles parked in the lobby area were quirky kind of fun. Location is off a ways from anything walkable. The Palm Beach par 3 public course is very near and is a wonderful little course that runs from the ocean across A1A to the intracoastal. Overall I gave this property 3 star- it certainly has potential and such a pretty spot on the ocean. It should close for a solid month to do a makeover . For now if the price is right then go for it-especially if you are traveling with your pet. The beds and linens were good.

Date of stay: August 2016
Reviewed 21 September 2016

3rd visit and still great (with one asterisk). The dedicated, customer-focused staff remains the hotel’s highlight for my wife and I. Front desk, valets, and housekeeping remain top notch. Nearly flawless. The unmatched ocean-front view, a relaxing pool, plus a great staff always make for a pleasant visit. The restaurant also remains a fun place to enjoy time with great food and is very accommodating. Special kudos extended to Michael at the front desk, Kotiya at the restaurant, and Anne at housekeeping for extra special attention. Morning coffee service, wine happy hour, and all the other Kimpton experiences were stellar. (Dedicated Staff)

Appreciate the current investment being made to upgrade the common area facades. Well overdue. However, at least one blemish remains with the ongoing calculation to kick the can down the road on properly fixing the hotel’s perpetual broken elevators. On this visit, a sold-out resort was down to one collective elevator for guests and all maintenance services. (Management)

I also agree with other posts that they need to supplement housekeeping on busy turnover days to avoid the self-induced wait game. (Management)

Will definitely return soon. But the faithful staffers at Tideline deserve commensurate commitment from their bosses to ensure the building and operations remain functional with a budget that gets the job done. 3 visits – Summary: Any issues we saw at this enjoyable getaway is solely in the lap of management.

Room tip: Oceanfront is amazing
Reviewed 14 September 2016

We have stayed at the Tideline multiple times in the past year and a half. It has ranged from moderate to excellent, primarily because of erratic dining. Our most recent visit was a disaster..we arrived at about Noon on a Sunday and were informed that they were sold out the night before and no rooms were available. We went to have lunch on site which was replete with its own set of issues. After an hour we were told that they were getting rooms ready. Long story short we waited 2 1/4 hours for a room and kept getting the party lines: "we were sold out last night" and "our standard is to take 30-45 min to clean room". We have been here many times when they have been full and have not had our room cleaned by 4 or 5 PM. When housekeeping is requested they can typically clean a room in 10-15 minutes. After ongoing delay and excuses we went next door to the Four Seasons and received service that makes the Tideline seems like a Days Inn. No excuses, polite staff, and exemplary service. After many visits to be treated with such disregard was annoying and embarrassing. They need to catch up with what Kimpton expects in a resort.

2  Thank psaskin
Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

Celebrated a special occasion at the Tideline Spa but wish i had gone elsewhere. I had gone here Before a few times and had an ok experience but this time it was worse. I specifically requested to NOT have the same massage therapists i had before since they werent that great. I requested someone different by name and was told i would be getting that someone but I ended up with one of the same bad ones i had before anyway and have regretted it because my back and neck were wrenched for a few days afterward. When i asked why i got the person i specifically requested not to have i was told the supervisor changed my appointment because someone else requested the therapist i was supposed to get. I Ieft the manager a message about my complaint and she never called back. The massage therapists at tideline need training! They are terrible.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Awet S, General Manager at Tideline Ocean Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Dear Sun S,

Thank you for the review and I am sorry we missed the opportunities for you to enjoy your Spa treatment. It is certainly not indicative of the service and product we offer.

I understand you have contacted Nancy our Spa Manager however please contact me at awet.sium@tidelineresort.com if you need further assistance.

Best,

Awet

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

What an amazing time we had at the Tideline! From the valet to the amazing front desk staff shout out to Marven and Malyn! View breathtaking, beach gorgeous, room fabulous. Could not ask for more. Surprised my husband with organic beers and snacks for his birthday. So thoughtful. Beach and pool service which is awesome. We will definitely be back soon!!!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Debbie B,

Thank you for the "amazing" review and the mention of Marvin and Malyn as well as the many team members who love being of service. Our resort is truly a special place with outstanding people.

Debbie B look forward to your next visit and please let know if we can be of service in the future.

Best,