I had never visited Palm Beach before, and was here for one night for work. I had flown in from NYC on a 6 am flight and had a full day of work. By the time I arrived a 5 or so, I was wiped out. The Brazilian Court is an oasis, especially on a humid summer day in Florida.
The hotel is a bit hard to find because of its location in a residential area and lack of signage. It's located in a series of connected buildings surrounding a courtyard. Valet service is friendly and efficient. They insist on taking you to your room, which is a nice touch.
Danielle checked me in and she was also there when I checked out the next morning. She was very friendly and took the time to explain the on-property restaurants and tell me about good restaurants nearby. I dined at one of her recommendations, and checked out the others, and they were solid recommendations. She also offered a bottle of water at departure.
I had a studio, which was the lowest priced room available. I can't imagine what the other rooms would be like because mine was very luxurious! There was a mini-bar with a wine fridge. Lots of old dark wood. Bathroom had a tub and shower. Large toiletry bottles (Gilchrist and Soames). I was surprised the bed had such strange pillows - then at night the regular pillows appeared after turn down service!
My room had shutters, not curtains. It was pretty dark with the shutters closed and extremely quiet at night. There's an adjoining room across a small foyer - I heard my neighbor a couple of times, but that was it.
I received a couple of text messages from the staff shortly after checking in. I thought it was a good touch that was not intrusive in any way.
My rate was an AARP rate, which included parking. What a great deal!
Some minor issues:
1. There's a security door to my studio and the adjoining one did not automatically close, and it opened up to the street. Not a big deal for me, but I'm a guy...
2. There is no conventional lobby due to the layout of the hotel. Low ceilings at the front desk and surrounding area. The courtyard can be used as an extended lobby, but much of the furniture is covered in the summer.
3. It can be super confusing to find your room at night if you try to bypass the lobby.
I cannot recommend this hotel more highly. I'm so glad I stayed here, and not at one of the chains in West Palm!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Booking.com so you can book your The Brazilian Court Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Brazilian Court Palm Beach
- The Brazilian Court Hotel Palm Beach, Florida