“Good but could stand some updating ”
Review of Renato's

Renato's
Reserve with OpenTable
Renato's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 88 Restaurants in Palm Beach
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 50
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Worth Avenue
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

The culinary world has made great strides in the last 40 year’s. Renato’s has not. What was thought to be excellent in the past is average now. If you are willing to accept that Renato’s will satisfy you. The have a great location and benefit from a reputation and great location. It is a shame they lack a desire to be the best they can be

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I posted the following review last night at another site. Our experience was awful. My review follows:
Rude treatment was the bill of fare this evening. This all happened less than an hour ago. We were two couples. Made a reservation through the Flagler Club at The Breakers. Had requested and were promised a table in main dining room - any other room doesn't feel like the same restaurant. At exactly 4 minutes after our res time we said we were ready for our table and were surprised to be taken to their annex - no music, no ambiance, you don't want to dine there. We sat down after expressing our disappointment and moments later another group was brought to the table next to us and they refused it and returned to the bar. That looked like a good idea so we vacated our table and returned to the bar and asked for the next available table in the main room. As we sat at the bar a lady in our party asked for another drink to replace one she didn't favor. At that point the maitre d' lined up behind us with a stern look and the bartender followed by refusing to serve any of our party any more drinks. The bartender refusal was clearly coordinated by the maitre d'. It was a transparently obvious reprisal for our unhappiness with the annex and asking for better seating. I will not speak for myself but I will say the members of our party are pillars of their communities. You would be proud to know them and would enjoy being graced by their company. Bottom line - we were effectively refused further service for asking for what we had been promised.

1  Thank chrisbranscum
RenatosPB, Owner at Renato's, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

We believe in not commenting on reviews left by our patrons. It is crucial to allow what is written to speak for itself, and let the reader decide on its merits. Reviews are extremely important and provide a wealth of information on how to improve and grow. The exception comes when the review is pointedly malignant.
In this case, their visit was indeed unfortunate. It is mentioned that alcohol was refused, and it was. High levels of intoxication combined with abusive, hateful and demeaning language toward our staff did not allow for a better outcome.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

Amazing outdoor dining in a white courtyard that made me feel back in the South of Italy.
Food and service were both excellent. Being at Palm Beach, prices were not cheap but fair. Menu has quite a good variety of dishes, especially pasta (that was actually very good!).
Definitely recommend this place!!!

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Usually I read the reviews of any new restaurant that we try, however for Renatos I assumed that since it's been such a popular restaurant on Palm Beach island for many years, we'd be safe. Having made a reservation weeks in advance for a post ballet dinner the night before New Year's Eve, we were really looking forward to trying a different restaurant from the ones that we typically frequent on the island. Our reservation was for 9.30pm however after waiting longer than usual to pick up our car at the Kravis Center valet, we arrived at the restaurant 15 mins late, however were grateful that our table had not been given away. Happy for a good start to our evening, we were seated in the back of the restaurant, however had 2 very loud tables close to us. Between the noisy neighbors and the restaurant's glass ceiling, the accoustics weren't great. If we had been with another couple, it might have been difficult to have a good conversation, however since it was just the two of us, we leaned in closer to one another to talk. As we got situated, we ordered drinks, my husband tried a cocktail and I ordered a glass of wine - both were good. Next came the bread from a selection in a basket. We both opted for the olive bread which we both enjoyed. We decided to share a tuna tartar as an appetizer which was on their special menu.This is something that we enjoy at many restaurants that we frequent, however this one was was average to say the least. Add to the fact that it was $27 & we were both now a little skeptical as to what to expect for our entrees. My husband decided on the grouper and since I cook a lot at home, opted for something that I wouldn't ordinarily make myself and ordered the veal scallopine with mushrooms and gorgonzola sauce. My husband's comments on his fish entree was that it was average, however my meal was a different story. I am not a huge fan of over-seasoning, however I don't think that this veal had any seasoning on it at all. The mushrooms in the sauce were good but overall my meal was incredibly bland. The veal was accompanied with 4 small fingerling potatoes and steamed broccolini. The potatoes were just roasted but had no seasoning or herbs on them so were completely boring and un-enjoyable. The broccolini on the other-hand, was overly salty. Needless to say, I only ate about 1/2 of my entree. For a $39 entree, it was a complete waste of money, way overpriced and incredibly uninspiring. We didn't stay for coffee or dessert as we were already mentally nautious after spending $170 for a dinner that we didn't enjoy. Previous reviews rave about the service, however that was not our experience. While there were plenty of wait staff, the quality of the service wasn't great. The guy who took our drink order was Chinese and had such a heavy accent that I couldn't understand him. Not exactly what you're looking for when dining at a high end, Italian restaurant. Also, when our plates were cleared, there was no concern or questions asked regarding the remaining food on my plate. It honestly seemed like they didn't really care. Normally, in a situation like this, I would have mentioned my disappointment over my meal, but given that it was 11pm we just wanted to leave as quickly as possible. Not sure if this was just a bad night for the kitchen or if this is typical and Palm Beach people are ok in accepting mediocre food for ridiculous prices. Normally, our go to restaurants in Palm Beach are PB Catch, Buucan or Palm Beach Grill - all fabulous in their own right and all of them, consistent in their food quality, preparation and service. We'll be sure to stick with those in the future and will tread carefully if we decide to stray off the culinary beaten path.

1  Thank styletraveler1967
Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

We found this little place already last year while walking through the little alleys offside the Worth Ave. A small courtyard welcomes the guests. The service is friendly and attentive. The kitchen is an authentic Italian style which offers very good food like al dente noodles and fish.

This year we came back and found everything as we expecting it and will come back next time we go to Palm Beach.