“Just ok”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Average at best, bust mostly just for me. We were in town for family weekend at FLORIDA tech. Decided to check it out here. I ordered the appetizer sampler, which had fried pickles, onion peels and BBQ egg rolls. When it was delivered everything was cold. They immediately replaced items, but then I realized there was absolutely no flavor to the pickles and onions. Egg rolls were good. My one son had the two meat sampler, with turkey and pork, and said it was delicious. Other son had boneless wings, husband had a salad. I guess I was the only one with a disappointing meal. I also was surprised there was no brisket on the menu? Service was friendly, prices reasonable. Will consider going back, but will pick other items!

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed 6 November 2017

My wife and I were down from Jacksonville, visiting my mother, and we all came here about 1 PM on a Saturday. The place was pretty busy and we were quickly seated around the corner from the main TV/Bar room.

The service was pretty good but a little spotty because we were often out-of-site from the server.

I ordered a St. Louis Ribs platter with a cup of Brunswick stew and a side of slaw. NOTE: for those people who MUST have Baby Back Ribs - they don't serve them. The St. Louis ribs are larger, leaner and meatier. Six of these ribs easily matches the meat content of 12 bones of baby backs. The ribs were FANTASTIC, really fall-off-the-bone. About the best I've ever had. They were way more tender than a place like Sonny's, I only ate 3.

The Brunswick stew was a full of goodies but a little bland. They gave me Cholula hot sauce and that perked it right up. The side of slaw was very good.

My wife ordered a basket of (Mahi) fish and chips. The fist was very light and nicely done. A definite cut above the typical catfish usually found in C&F at a BBQ place. The chips were home cut and in mostly a circular shape. Nicely done. She loved the fish.

My mother ordered a basket of the ribs (a little less to eat) and she enjoyed them.

The dark "bar" atmosphere - well it seemed a little dingy for my taste. And, as I noted we had to wave the server down, around the corner a couple of times to get attention.

However, if we come down this way and are in the mood for the St. Louis Ribs, I would definitely give this place another try. Overall it was a very good value.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Good food good service! Ribs are great chicken wings too! Love the dry rub ribs! The hand cut French fries looks like potato chips oh so yummy

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Best place to go for wings! Good drinks too. Large menu with lots of choices. Large building, no overcrowding.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

We came on Sunday night, at 8:15 pm. Not very busy at the bar. 12 people. Sat for 5 minutes before our drink order was taken, got our wings quickly and they were very good... but the bartender Michael barely checked on us, we had to hold up our glasses to get more water, we never got side plates to share our wings so we used our soup baskets for the bones... never asked if we wanted more beer... I'm in the business and rarely write negative reviews... but this was just horrible service... zero personality, and clearly incapable of handling the bar by himself... and to top off the evening, the bathroom stall doors don't lock in the women's room...

Date of visit: September 2017