“Rip Off”

EconoLodge
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Buena Vista, Georgia
Reviewed 6 July 2005

Stayed at the Inn from July 1 - July 4th, 2005. The rooms were very small. They were dirty (spiders and webs everywhere). Could not even walk in the room barefoot or with socks on because A/C drained back in the room instead of outside. I will by-pass this establishment the next time. Would not recomend this place to anyone. I wasted 700 bucks. Shame on me.....

• Stayed: July 2005
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for EconoLodge

Detroit
Reviewed 10 June 2005

Room - poor.
Carpet - dirty, stains.
Bathroom - ok ok.
Complimentary Breakfast - Better not to call it a breakfast.
Lobby, breakfast area - I have no words to describe.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Boston
Reviewed 9 February 2005

This place is the worst of the worst. At $185.00 a night and the name Comfort Inn, I was confident that it would be a worthwhile stay. I couldnt have been any more wrong! Situated right at Route 95, the area is noisy to begin with. When we pulled into the parking lot I should have been suspcious of the lack of cars and the mountains of old furniture piled on the grass. But I was still hopeful....they say it springs eternal. We were in the room 5 minutes when I decided that there was no way I was staying here! Not for $50 not for $20!! The silver was peeling from the faucets the rust was caked on the spout of the tub. There were holes in the walls ..... burn marks on the furniture and black goo all over the rug. I went to the office and exercised my option to cancel before 6 P.M. The manager didnt give me too much trouble, but I definitely let him know that charging those rates for the filth they offered should be illegal; being of Indian descent, he was not happy about a woman talking to him in that manner and was obviously indignant....nothing compared to mine tho I'll tell ya. He cancelled our stay, but later on I found out that the money that the 4 day stay would have cost was frozen from my account and I couldnt access it all weekend. So if you ever decide to cancel, be sure that the hotel pulls the preauthorization.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
West Bloomfield, MI
Reviewed 10 September 2003

The room was fine, on the second floor and away from the freeway. The AC, TV, Shower and everything else worked fine. Only three stars because of very few nearby dining spots. We'll be back.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
0.1 km away
Days Inn Ormond Beach
Days Inn Ormond Beach
#25 of 29 in Ormond Beach

Been to EconoLodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Additional Information about EconoLodge

Address: 1614 North US Highway 1, Ormond Beach, FL 32174-2525
Region: United States > Florida > Ormond Beach
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #26 of 29 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Price Range: ₹ 2,994 - ₹ 9,241 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — EconoLodge 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your EconoLodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Econo Lodge Ormond Beach