“Mini vaca”

Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Ormond Beach
Wi
“Mini vaca”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We loved it here,very nice hotel! Very friendly staff and great rooms! My husband and I only stayed 3nights but had a great mini vaca,next time we will bring the kids they will for sure love it!

Room Tip: The rooms have everything you need pots and pans,dishes ect.. So next time we won't be eating ou...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jen D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is the fourth year we have stayed at The Cove in Ormond Beach, Florida. We have sometimes even extended our stay because we love it so much. It has literally everything to offer. Regina is the best manager I have seen and we have stayed at several resorts. Hats off to the staff; Jennifer, Angela, Karla, Bob and Lilly, just to name a few. Have I convinced you yet? Stay at The Cove in Ormond Beach as soon as you can. You won't regret it !!
Joe

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Joe3012
Reviewed 13 February 2012

To be fair, I called and booked The Cove through expedia, and the lady there, not the Cove, told me I would be "oceanfront". I asked her 3 times, even explained that this detail of ocean front NOT oceanview could make or break my decision - she said, "yes, ma'am it is ocean front. The two buildings are oceanfront, the rooms are not. The end of the hallways have a door with a small balcony - that is the only ocean front view. I was in the South Tower, the large window in the kitchen area provided a beautiful angled view of the ocean - directly in front view was the north tower balconies where you could watch people eating. Or you could look directly down from the room and its a parking lot and a huge dumpster. The upside was the room - very updated one-bedroom condo with laundry and full kitchen - loved that. The balcony was an even more angled view of the ocean. Why they didn't put the balcony off the kitchen where the better view was I will never understand. Also, The Cove's website said the pool area/waterslide would be under refurbishments until January 31st. We were there Feb 5 and it was not done - waterslide and kid's splash features around the lazy river were not working yet. Pool was NOT heated at all. FREEZING. If you run an overnight place that talks about a kid-friendly pool area and waterslide and it wasn't going to be done on time don't you think you would want to mention that on your website for those booking the place? I will not be back because I wanted an oceanfront view. Staff was friendly and wished that expedia would stop telling their clients they have oceanfront rooms...but what are the chances they actually did something about that? I will never know because it was a deal-breaker for me.

Room Tip: make sure its an end one closest to the ocean. Remember you are renting a timeshare property so assu...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
9 Thank peach4379
Wichita, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Excellent stay, great staff, room was everything I needed and more. I was there in Daytona for the Rolex 24, and stayed about a week. Room was spacious and had everything one would need for an extended stay. Kitchen was fully stocked with plates and all things needed for whatever you cooking needs would be. Most importantly, it had a wine opener! Staff had activities for guests almost daily. The pool deck was undergoing renovation and was closed most of the time I was there, but frankly, I didnt have much time for using it as I was at the track most of my stay. They did get the hot tub opened up late in my stay. Views from the rooms were good, you could see the beach and water, I was on the 4th floor. Beach access was easy and they provided seating on the beach for their guests. One thing about the Cove on Ormond Beach, its is also a time share, so if you want you can listen to the pitch, but they are not pushy about it, I declined and it was not brought up again.

Overall I had a great time at the Cove, and will be booking it again next year for the Rolex 24

Room Tip: South tower is mostly single bedroom units while the North tower has double bedroom units.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Hookecho
Newark, DE
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed at The Cove every January for the past 8 years and will keep coming back. The staff and service are wonderful. They are always ready to answer our questions and take care of our needs. We are seniors and my husband uses a walker and a wheelchair. We enjoy meeting many new friends at the numerous activities each day. Also there is so much available in the area we continue to find new things to see and do. We watched breathtaking sunrises over the Atlantic from our balcony...and Ormond sunsets over the Halifax River are gorgeous. The Cove on Ormond Beach is like our home away from home and we plan to continue coming back.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Chateau Mar Beach Resort
#11 of 28 in Ormond Beach
2.8 km away
Daytona Beach Resort and Conference Center

Been to The Cove on Ormond Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK