Best Western Castillo Del Sol(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 187
US$ 166
Hampton Inn Daytona/Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 140
US$ 120
Hampton.com
Sleep Inn(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 71
Chateau Mar Beach Resort(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 189
US$ 179
Quality Inn & Suites On The Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 192
US$ 133
Super 8 by Wyndham Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 57
Clarion Inn Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 85
Lotus Boutique Inn & Suites(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 168
US$ 163
The Cove on Ormond Beach(Ormond Beach)(Great Value!)
US$ 250
US$ 179
Travelocity
Symphony Beach Club(Ormond Beach)
US$ 156
Orbitz.com
All reviewssouth buildingmini golftime sharebasketball courtocean frontindoor and outdoor poolsshuffle boardcorn holewater aerobicsping pongputt putttimeshare presentationmaster bedroompeach valley cafedaily activitiesunderground parkingtimeshare sales
Reviewed 13 August 2015 via mobile

This resort has some good qualities but are over shadowed by so much bad. We were on a package we bought from the marketing dept. all they do is sell and tell lies. We were to have a nice ocean front room and when time came to book they had nothing available . After many months we were finally able to book a room in August. We told them from the beginning that there are three of us. When seven days before we we to check on an email informed us we are book in a studio for two maximum. After two days on the phone with no less than six different people we were told all good you are in a one bedroom. Upon arriving and check in we were told we have s street side one bedroom and nothing can be done to change it. The room was like staying in a dirty closet. Beds were old and uncomfortable we only had three of everything and the bathroom was dirty. We expressed our concerns with everyone in charge on property but because we did not buy a time share they refused to do anything for us. I feel everyone should be treated fairly and this is not their motto. After being told they could not change our room I check on Priceline, Travelocity and their on reservation and they all had rooms available????

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
10  Thank Patricia C
Reviewed 9 August 2015

We had a King and Queen rooms ocean front. The rooms were nice. The bartender at the TIki bar was awesome. However if you want your room cleaned it will cost you $35 a day, at other resorts you receive the service for free. If you want new towels and/or sheets you have to take them down to the front desk for exchange. They will leave a flyer stating that you won a free gift, however it's a trick to get you into one of their sessions one buying in. They have a hard time in taking the "we aren't interested" and will keep leaving flyers and/or calling your room phone. They have a small indoor and out door pool. You have to wear a wrist band and/or keep it with you which we ended up forgetting most of the time. They do have activities through out the day.

Now lets get to the parking....very tight space and under ground and poorly lighted at night time. My mother-n-law was afraid for her safety after dark.

This will be our first and last stay there because of the harassment to buy a time share and because you do not get free maid service like other resorts.

Room Tip: I do not know if there is a good room where you do not hear the road traffic and/or your neighbors throughout the night.
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Brenda L
Reviewed 4 August 2015 via mobile

My family loves this resort. We've stayed here a bunch of times. It is a resort that is directly on the beach. Has a huge pool and a lot of lounge chairs. A tiki bar with drink specials everyday however we took a cooler to the pool. Shuffleboard, putt putt, and basketball courts. Game room and indoor pool.
The condo type rooms are immaculate with a bedroom and fold out couch. Full kitchen and living room. Free wifi. Parking was good and for your extra car you can park across the street. Walking distance to some cute restaurants especially peach valley cafe! A must for breakfast. In the Starbucks shopping center across the street. There's a reason there's a line!
They are a timeshare but I booked thru hotels.com for weekend visits.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Laura W
Reviewed 29 July 2015

I exchanged into this resort through II and had visited last summer as well. This year I can tell some renovations had been done (a pathway to the beach at the South tower), however, my room needed upgrades. I stayed in the same exact room the year before and found it simple, but lovely. This year the master bedroom mattress was worn and the living room furniture felt damp and sandy. My spouse kept sandals on while in the room because the floor was dirty. We did not complain to management about this as I don't think a quick mopping and vacuuming would have helped. I believe a serious carpet shampooing and overall thorough cleaning of everything was needed.
As far as activities, I enjoyed the scheduled morning walks and free coffee each morning. There was also a fun bingo one day with $1.00 boards and complimentary cheese and wine. The water aerobics needed music and water weights, and while it was nice that they offered a zumba class one day, I don't think I should have to pay for it. There were plastic beach chairs that can be used for the south area, however, one family took six of them, leaving very few for all the remainder of the guests hoping to use some. This isn't the resorts fault of course, but it was annoying nonetheless.
I do like the location in Ormond Beach. It is close to shopping and walking distance to restaurants like Outback and TGIF. It seemed as though just about everyone has a good view of the ocean. Would I return? If renovations to the rooms take place and activities are improved, then most definitely as the location is nice.

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms are close to the beach.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank richtoro
Reviewed 29 July 2015 via mobile

First I will start with a note this hotel would be 3 stars if it was anywhere else away from the beach. The view is great and you are right on the beach. I should point out that some rooms are not ocean view. We were on the second floor and we were in a studio room. It was a queen bed, kitchenette, pull out couch, and dinning area. The kitchenette had a full size refrigerator, oven, microwave, and all the kitchen utensils needed. The room is worn and you can tell they are trying to update it. The bed is getting old and the pillows are awful. House keeping needs to work on paying attention to small details. Our beach towels were dirty and so were the bed sheets. I also found a dirty pitcher in the refrigerator. The balcony was nice with two chairs and a small table. The pool deck is large with several different levels, but the pool is small. There is a small hot tub and a small kiddie pool. The best part is the ocean view from every level. If you did not know, this area is known for being a drive on beach. We were worried about this, but it was not bad at all and there was plenty of room for everyone. The beach is clean and there is a lifeguard stand near by. We did not get to use it, but they have a cabana. We did check out prices and they were not bad for a timeshare place. They also have several activities for all ages throughout the day that appear to be fun and a decent price. also on property is shuffle board and miniature golf (course is very plain and simple). Parking is tight and underground, but there is definitely not enough spaces cor everyone if it is sold out. By the way, this is a timeshare place and you will be asked or offered gifts for your time. We simply said no and they left us alone. by the way, if you get a kitchen there a Publix not to far north of the hotel. There is also a Walgreens and CVS across the street. See my reviews for three local eateries. I would stay here again because it is a good price for being on the ocean. However, I would bring my own beach towels, pillows, and food.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple