All reviews beach toys boogie boards hot tub picnic tables old florida free breakfast full kitchen great price beach front beds were comfortable view of the ocean daytona umbrellas
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We got an ocean-front room with a kitchen and LOVED it! Having sliding doors to walk right out to the ocean is fantastic and the tile floors make it much cleaner and easier to maintain. We had our own little patio and our little dog enjoyed it at as much as we did. No the hotel isn't the Ritz and things could be updated and made prettier, but for the price we loved it and the location was worth every penny. Jasmine is a peach and goes the extra mile to help out.

Room Tip: go for the kitchenette room, it is well worth the extra few bucks!
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jamesgM9847HQ
Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Yes, the hotel is older, but still has the charm of a care free beachfront hotel. Our room was nice and clean, and the kitchen had everything we needed and then some. It's on a nice quiet part of the beach with very little traffic. Interesting late checkout options - stay until 11:00 for free, 2:00 for 25 bucks, and 6:00 (wow!) for 35 bucks. Something to consider if you are doing a quick one nighter like we are. Heated pool and spa as well. Super nice staff too! It was a nice break at a great, great price.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

Booked a Groupon for a king bed ocean view and when I got to the room it was a partial view and two twins. I went to front desk...I got switched up to an ocean view, still no king bed. Employee straight up told me if I didn't like this last only room they had, I could cancel with Groupon. Oh hey thanks after driving several hours!!!!! I ended up staying in the room....Walls are paper thin, you could of sworn the next door neighbors were in your room. Sliding glass door did not lock, only thing keeping it closed was a stick...Overall condition inside and the outsides of hotel is very old and deteriorated.... Only good thing was you could grill as soon as you walked out of your room and walk to the beach, oh and pet friendly. Other than that, I would of been embarrassed to invite friends or family over.A BIG NO, never again!

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

This was definitely not a treat it was a trick. They advertise Oceanfront views from every window, not. The first room was not a oceanfront and smell like the city pound. They moved us 225 smell better but everything went downhill from there, small tv could hardly see it ,very out dated inside, exposed electrical outlet strip ,floor where very grimy don't walk in white socks. Well to much to put on paper if you want a trick stay here if you're looking for a treat stay else where.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Bspriggs320
Luke B, Owner at Makai Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Hello Bsprigg,

I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations on this stay. I will certainly look into the room and to check on your complaints. All our tv's are new 32" LED's with some 40" LED's mixed in. As far as I know no one has ever complained about the size but we are slowly replacing the 32's with 40's anyway.

As for the floors I'm sorry you did not feel they are clean enough. All our floors are tile which is hypoallergenic vs carpet but it does have the downside of making easily looking dirty.
Thanks for the feedback I will certainly be looking into it. If you ever want to come back and are willing to give us another try please let us know and we will be happy to let you view several rooms and are confident we can find one that will make your stay a positive one.

Thanks
Luke B.

Reviewed 19 October 2016

My husband and I stayed here during bike octoberfest..it was perfect for us being we had to make last min changes due to Matthew just hit. Everyone was super nice!! The staff was awesome!! I'm a ppl person so I never meet a stranger.. They all joked and cut up with each other and me..not sure who enjoyed who the most ..me or them...they kept us stocked with towels and what ever else we needed and was very polite!! Prices where very reasonable!! We do not like to spend a fortune on motels only because we only sleep there not hang out all day!! It was clean and perfect spot for us!! We found our new place to stay!! Top it off all the staff knew me buy first name and all hugged me before I left!! Can't wait to see my ppl again!!!

Room Tip: Beach view!!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple