All reviews ocean front room was clean priced right great hotel for the price oceanfront view full size refrigerator pool deck private balcony ormond beach area stove shelby daytona furniture race toaster publix waves
Reviewed 15 September 2017

My wife and I stayed here for the first time, on Thursday and Friday nights (Sept. 7-8, 2017), in room #606. After reading the mixed reviews, we really did not know what to expect, but decided to give it a try. We had been in Sarasota for the first part of our vacation week, and usually finish up the week in St. Augustine, but decided to try something different this year. I found a coupon for this place in one of the coupon books available at the various rest areas in Florida, and called to see if they would honor it.

We were told that they would honor the coupon rate for Thursday night, but not for Friday night. So, we asked the rate for Friday night, and were told it was $79.00, for an oceanfront room. We felt this was still a very reasonable price, provided that the room was clean. We had read that some of the rooms were being re-modeled, and were hoping to get one that was. I think we must have gotten one of those, because our room seemed to be very clean and adequate. Upon arrival, we asked for something on the 7th (top) floor, but since nothing was available there, we were given a room on the 6th floor, facing the Ocean.

I want to say that my first impression of the room after opening the door, was good. No odor, and it appeared clean and well-kept. When I opened the door to see the view of the ocean, it was SPECTACULAR! I could have sat and looked at it for hours. We did, in fact. Certainly worth the money we paid.

I believe this place is priced right, for what you get. It is not over-priced, nor is it under-priced. You pay a fair price for a basic clean room, and one of the best views you could ask for. As long as this place is fairly priced, we will DEFINITELY return! Actually, my wife and I have told our son about it, and he wants to bring his new wife there once he returns from deployment. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Ormond Beach. You are near restaurants, shopping, a nice park just a block down the road, and a beautiful beach.

It is also pet-"friendly". I put that in quotes, because they do charge a fee of $10.00 for a small pet. Personally, I think that a place that is really pet-friendly, does not charge extra for a pet that does not shower, watch TV, or use the room in any way. Nor does mine make a mess (no extra cleaning involved), and there is no trace that he has even been there...he sleeps in a pet taxi. However, I have seen some so-called "pet-friendly" places charge much more, so even with the $10.00 fee, I still felt that we got a decent deal.

Highly recommended. We will visit here again next year.

Room Tip: Ask for oceanfront, and something on a higher level. The views are spectacular.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
AtlanticCove, Webmaster at Atlantic Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your kind comments. I’m so pleased that you would stay with us again, and I hope you have the opportunity to do that soon. We take pride in this hotel and its amenities and sincerely appreciate the opportunity to serve you. I’m glad we could satisfy you, as we do so many others each day. Thanks again for your pleasant feedback.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

Noticed bed bugs in room after being in room about 2 hours. We left immediately. Hotel said they would give full refund. Next day not only did I not receive a refund they charged my card for another night unauthorized.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize for the negative experience you had at our property.Maintenance was informed of your report of bugs and instructed to look into the matter and see to their complete extermination. Management was informed about the charges and requested to solve the issue. We look forward to welcoming you back again for another visit.

Sincerely

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

We spent the last night of our trip at the Atlantic Cove. We had a pleasant surprise. Our room was much improved since our visit in January. The carpet looked new. The room was clean. I think the whole atmosphere could be improved with some lighter, brighter paint and brighter light bulbs. The beds were pretty comfy. It was nice to have a microwave in the room since there was no breakfast. The pool has been repaired (it was closed for a while after the hurricane). The beach view was magnificent. There's a table and chairs set up in front of the window. Great place to eat breakfast and watch the early swimmers.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
AtlanticCove, Webmaster at Atlantic Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments and for being a repeat guest. I am glad you like our clean, comfortable and friendly hotel with plenty of amenities.We take serving our guests very seriously and are very pleased that we met your needs. I hope you will tell others about our property and stay with us again the next time you’re in town. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 31 July 2017

Stayed here for four nights with our grandson...had a very enjoyable stay. The hotel is obviously older, but they are working on updating and our room had new furniture and beds (which were very comfortable). The only thing I could say about the room is that it really needs a desk or table for our suitcase...we ended up putting it on a chair. Our room came with a round table and chairs and a dresser with the TV on top, also small fridge, coffee maker and a microwave...room needs another table. Fresh coffee is served in the lobby every morning and there are carts to carry luggage to your room. All staff were very friendly. Of course, the best part is the fact that you are right on the beach and the view from the balcony is amazing. We saw dolphins every morning. This hotel is priced right for what you get.

Stayed: July 2017
AtlanticCove, webmaster at Atlantic Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your feedback. Positive feedback provide us with the motivation we need to continue our services.I’m glad we could satisfy you. I hope you will visit us again and see our commitment towards providing superior services and facilities.

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

Staff in office very nice. Rooms just ok but the condition of the exterior borders on disgusting. Never anyone straighten up the pool area....same towels on chairs for a few days....our entrance door jam was all split and cracked.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
AtlanticCove, Webmaster at Atlantic Cove, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways and that you didn't like your room, which has satisfied many guests before. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.