“If you love racing, you'll love the history here!”

Birthplace of Speed Park
Ranked #19 of 77 things to do in Ormond Beach
Reviewed 21 November 2016

If you can catch this open, it is a wonderful exhibit of the first race ever....right here on Ormond Beach. Replicas of the first two racecars are on site and many pictures and information are available!

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank Elizabeth S

Reviewed 18 September 2016

This is a tiny little "pocket park", right next to the beach access road at the intersection of A1A and Granada Boulevard. Pretty, well landscaped, offers a great view of the ocean. A nice place to sit and look at the ocean, or to accesss the beach and walk past the unique beachfront homes to one side or past the rows of resorts on the other side of the access road...

Date of experience: September 2016
1  Thank happy_in_paris_10
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Older building by the ocean with a plack. They removed the antique car. Not much more to see except a view of the ocean .

Date of experience: November 2015
1  Thank PackRatiam
Reviewed 7 September 2016

I read the reviews and can agree or disagree with people.It is not very big,sure but the way on Granada Avenue was the shortest to the beach for me and my daughter.ewe both are early birds and she took me at 7 a.m.!!!to Starbucks where she had some friends. I know now that people make friends and can see each other at favourite places.But every Sunday we went to the sunrise Church Service and though I am not the same religious views but it was wonderful.People sit at the park and sing so nice songs about our LORD! The terrace is good ,there are some memorial boards ( stones) but the most important thing is I was there and think it is comfortable! There are tables and benches and people eat and drink.The restrooms are close( no hooks inside every cabin but it's obvious that people change clothes)Besides there is a thrift store near Five GUYS and starbucks and it is one of the best( not the largest)of this kind.I can tell you a secret-we park near CVS farmacy and it was Ok! The only thing I didn't like they were traffic lights-too long to wait to cross the road!And as I don't like big waves I saw a better places for my splashing-here the waves are often wild anfd big!What is more-we can get to this park by bus 18 and 19 .It is a rare thing!

Date of experience: August 2016