“Hidden Gem. A must go!”

The French Bakery
Ranked #5 of 8 Bakeries in Ormond Beach
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 15
Cuisines: French
Description: Operated by Chef Jean Jenner & his wife Françoise, The French Bakery is an authentic French Bakery and pastry shop. Founded in 1984 under the name "La Gourmandise" the bakery has provided the finest French breads and pastries to the Greater Daytona Beach Area.
Reviewed 21 May 2017

Real French bakery. The owner is lovely. I make it a must stop when visiting Daytona, and then stop on the way home to enjoy the "icing on the cake" to my vacation.

1  Thank ljeanabldr

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

I got a few macaroons, and a meringue the first time I went. The second time was rainbow cookies(because Winn Dixie sold out). All were good, the macaroons were great but I'm not convinced they are made there. Rainbow cookies are a bit dry. Both times I was greeted with "what would you like?" followed with "anything else?" And the total cost. That's it. That was all that was said to me. No Hello, or how are you. Overall if you like French pastries it may be worth a stop, if you enjoy pleasant and polite customer service look somewhere else.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Initially we decided to pay a visit to this location because we were in search of fresh brioche. The website did list it as a product offered, but the staff informed us that it was only available on special occasions. Since we were there, we bought a wide selection of products including pastries, bread and cookies. The woman behind the counter was extremely rude, which would have been easier to overlook if the product was good. Sadly, everything tasted as if it was at least a day or two old. Everything we bought, including the baguette was sub-par and stale. Based on what I tasted, my money would have been better spent elsewhere. .

1  Thank Chelsea P
ChefJean, Owner at The French Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

I am very sorry that you had a bad experience at our bakery. We are currently rebuilding our website which is very outdated. In regard to our employee being rude, I apologize and would love to talk to you so I can identify the employee and correct the situation. As to freshness, today is our 33 years anniversary and we take great pride in our products. Everything we sell is always fresh, our breads and croissants are always baked the morning of the days they are sold. Customers who visit our shop in the morning can enjoy breads and croissants right out of the oven. In addition, our breads are made the traditional French way, baked in a French oven (Bongard) and in respect to French Laws (Decree n° 93-1074 of 13 September 1993) which govern the production of the traditional baguette made in France.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Two words: Raspberry Croissants. Buy them - as many as you can. Buy the whole tray of them. Then buy the other tray of regular croissants.

1  Thank Darcy F
Reviewed 23 February 2017

This bakery will not disappoint, if you know French pastries and bread. I go here specifically for special occasions to buy goodies as gifts.