“Lovely Meal and Great Service”
Review of Pacific

Pacific
Ranked #105 of 220 Restaurants in Ormond Beach
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 27 June 2017

Two friends and I met at Pacific Bistro for a leisurely lunch. We were all from out of town, "meeting in the middle" and catching up with each other. One of my friends is, how shall I say, a little particular.....The server took her time answering questions and giving suggestions, not rushing us at all. I had the peanut curry, medium hot with shrimp and the Tuna Tanaka. Both were delicious, especially the tuna- the onion dressing was great! The shrimp in my curry was nice sized and cooked perfectly- not rubbery at all. My friend had dumplings with her curry and they were good- the dumpling wasn't too thick and the filling was flavorful, tasted like juicy sausage with a little kick. We spent almost three hours in the restaurant and the server didn't rush us, in all fairness that could have been because it wasn't a busy time but she did not have to check on us after she cashed us out and she did. :) I don't go to Ormond Beach often but when I go back I will eat there. I read the unfavorable reviews but our experience was wonderful and I didn't think the prices were high at all.

Reviewed 13 June 2017 via mobile

You can do better cooking at home. Lousy food. Skip this one! Wait staff not very friendly. Ignored our attempts to pay! Prices too high for this crap!

Reviewed 23 November 2016

I really don't like giving negative reviews. I keep hearing, "If you don't have anything good to say...."... You know the rest. I ducked in to Pacific Bistro a few nights ago for a quick take-out order. I got my usual Chinese favorite, Mu Shu Pork. First thing I noticed was "No Rice" with this item on the menu. Not a huge deal; I don't need the carbs. But when I opened it up (and I only live 5 minutes away) the "pancakes" (kind of like flour tortillas) were so dried up that they broke when I opened them. On top of that, there were only four of them (every other Chinese restaurant I've gotten this from gives you six) and the Mu Shu Pork itself just wasn't good at all. Lesson learned. I'll look for better Chinese food around here.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Food was good, we all enjoyed and liked our meals. Sushi rolls were fresh. Chinese plates were tasty. Service was great.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

The worst customer service I have ever seen. The women I spoke with said she was part owner. I sure hope the other owner reads these. She was extremely rude.

I wanted to order a combo that was sashimi and a fried rice bowl (it also comes with a soup and salad). I explained to the server and then the "part owner" that I couldn't eat rice. I asked if I could have one more piece of sashimi. They both said no. My next question was if instead of the rice if I could have a piece of cucumber or a tiny piece of a carrot or even a few lemon wedges. It was the principal at that point. The owner said no.

I told the owner that if someone else at the table asked for a little extra ginger or a little more lettuce I'm sure they would give it to them. It's not like I was asking for a spring roll, I literally would've been happy with two pieces of a cucumber or even a lemon wedge. She smiled with a unfriendly smile, said no and walked away.

I've never been treated so poorly for something so stupid. She just didn't want to make me happy. I was so stressed out by this.

I told the lady I would never come back and I would tell everyone I new not to go to the place. It funny that over something so stupid she will loose lots of customers.

So please do yourself a favor and don't waste your time at this low class dirty restaurant. I heard bad things before I went, and bows it is confirmed.

1  Thank Crystal L