“Superb location and accommodations”

Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center
Ranked #75 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Graeagle, California
“Superb location and accommodations”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We were attending a convention, so chose the Hampton for its proximity to the convention center (within very easy walking distance), but without the higher prices of closer hotels. One can also catch a bus by walking 30-seconds, that goes to and from the convention center. We were also able to walk to a number of water parks and shopping centers, including the Premium Outlets Mall. When the humidity got the best of us, there were numerous trolleys coming and going - for $1.25. The hotel is also within easy access of countless restaurants. The complimentary breakfasts were unbelievable - variety, quality, and more than we could eat! The room was nice, the bed was very comfortable, the internet worked perfectly, and despite the number of people staying in the hotel the room was QUIET! We found the front office staff and housekeeping staff to be incredibly welcoming, helpful, and fun; they ALL gave us their best! ;) We also learned that the taxi cabs negotiate rates to and from the airport, and fees ranged from $35 to $48 for the same trip! Make sure to specify the Hampton closest to convention center, as there is another Hampton on International Drive - further away from the convention center.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank SimnCaite
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Reviewed 21 June 2012

My family and I stayed here for vacation and convention conference. Upon my check-in, I spoke with the front desk clerk regarding my reservation. She referred me to the manager due to a discrepancy with the rate. The manager was very rude. He obviously needs a lesson in customer service. He stated the room rates were $169 normally. Believe you me, if anyone pays $169 for a room here you are crazy. I had to continue telling him the rate that was told to pay, but he was adamant that I was wrong. This took two days when he finally allowed the receptionist to charge me at the price I quoted.

My room was decent. The decor was highly dated. The beds were very comfortable. My toilet flooded one the first night, however the receptionist didn't charge me for one night. I asked to have my room switched and was given another room (smoking with no fridge or microwave) but better then having a room with a broken toilet. All this required permission to occur. I would have preferred to leave but due to the arrangements with this reservation I had a bit of an obligation to stay here.

I was highly dissatisfied with this hotel and manager.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank dukefnp
, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando International Drive/Convention Center, responded to this review, 23 June 2012
I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the plumbing problems you encountered.

We want our guest to have the best stay possible, where everything is in perfect order. I am sorry if that was not the case during your stay.

As stated on your reservation you had a rate of $89 the hotel never denied you that rate and the going rate was $169 at the time of your stay.
Ivoti, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Great location, near the International drive, Good restaurants and bars.
For the price, is very good comfort.

Only bad things is that don't have fridge in room and breakfast is simple

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Thiago E
Prince George, BC
Reviewed 16 June 2012

I stayed here while going to a convention at the convention centre down the street based on other reviews I read on Trip Advisor. The room was large ad clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. There were a couple of small issues which keep me from giving it a 5/5. The first was the extremely slow internet connection. It was barely fast enough to load our companies web mail page and watching a YouTube video or make a Skype conference call was not possible. Additionally, the large air conditioning unit in the room was quite loud and woke me up a few times while I was there. Besides those two points, I had a great stay and appreciated being a short walk from restaurants, shopping and the convention centre.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Brighouse
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This was the 2nd time we stayed at the Hampton Inn convention Centre and it didn't fail to live up to our expectations. Huge clean rooms, massive comfy beds, quiet, really friendly staff - particularly Rachel and her team, who delight with fresh baked cookies at around 5-6pm when you're coming in exhausted from the parks or from lazing round the pool (with free pool towels). This hotel is fantastic value. Breakfast is great, fresh hot food, cereals, breads, a waffle-iron, fresh fruit and coffee/tea on tap all day. If you haven't got time, grab a breakfast bag. Evenings, just walk out the door to Bahama Breeze for a Jamaican-vibe cocktail or for an ice cold beer at the Miller Bar, or onto I-drive for any food you like - the ribs at Tony Roma's are to die for. And all within walking distance of the hotel! Easy easy driving to the parks/attractions. Can't wait to go again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple