Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle
Ranked #242 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
Bowling Green, Ohio
“GRUNGY”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I travel quite a lot and have to say this is probably one of the grossest, unclean, smelly and disgusting places I've ever stayed at. Our initial room was sooooo bad we actually went to the front desk and asked to move to a cleaner room. Jane was extremely accommodating and allowed us to view another room. This 'new' room was marginally better (albeit it was all the way at the other end of the complex, a valet cart wasnt available and we had to haul everything from one-end to the other).

Carpets were stained and gross...I wouldn't let my kids touch the floors although they would have like to play with their toys.

The bathroom was marginally better than a port-a-potty. I refused to use the shower...the tiles were falling off the wall, the grout was black and the curtain rod was barely secured to the wall.

If this place wasn't close to where we wanted to go...we would have stayed elsewhere or slept in the car.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank bradley g
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this review, 24 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay Deluxe Orlando - John Young Parkway. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Yorkshire
Reviewed 7 March 2012

There were many problems which I found irritating, like the lack of BASIC facilities i.e. corkscrew, vegetable peeler, wooden spoon and lots of other silly but nessecary things which then I had to go out and purchase. But there were also a few problems which were totally shameful and disgusting because they were dirty and very poor hygiene.

There was stale urine on the outside of the toilet bowl.
Dirty drips on the bottom of the bathroom door where a mop had been used to wash the floor and it splashed the door.
The carpets were not clean and only required a thorough vacuume.
Dining table was dirty and had to wash it before using it.

The mattress 'topper' on the bed had dried a blood stains on it.
But I didn't notice this until I stripped the bed when I left to make it easier for room service. Then I realised I'd been sleeping on someone's blood for 10 days.
Disgusting.

LOTS and LOTS of noise in the early hours when other people returned to their rooms. This is because the door springs SLAM the doors shut, which woke me up many times EVERY night.

I reported the noise to reception and was told my neighbour was due to leave later that week, so the 2nd and 3rd night of my 10 days - I stayed with friends in North Orlando until he checked out.

On the positive side, the hotel is in a great location i.e. close to I-Drive, Florida Mall, Downtown Orlando, Theme Parks and of course the airport.

Would I stay again? Yes, but I would not tolerate this next time and I'd check the room before accepting it. They could also offer a few more 'basic' kitchen items too and improve the rubbish high calories unhealthy breakfast by adding some fruits and cereals to the buffet.

Room Tip: Ask for a 'inner' room facing the pool as it's quieter than the outside rooms. Check ou...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Commodity Circle, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Valued Patron:

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe John Young Parkway. Our Company actively pursues any and all venues providing “first person” accounts concerning their personal Extended Stay Hotels experience.

We are truly sorry that due to customer service concerns, housekeeping services, and maintenance issues, your overall stay was not pleasant.

The hotel receives compliments daily on its cleanliness, amenities, and overall accommodations, so we take your remarks very seriously. We are driven to improve ourselves at every level and at every opportunity. This drive is the very foundation that has made us America’s number one family of extended stay hotels. We’ve worked hard to reach that enviable point, but are keenly aware that in order to maintain that well-earned accolade we must work even harder. Extended Stay Hotels has served millions of travelers over the years, but we believe our success has come from serving each of them one guest at a time. Because of this approach, you can be assured that your feedback does not end here. The Area Manager addressed your issues with you personally and hopefully to your satisfaction. We are also taking the proper measures to guard against any future customer concerns.
Again, we are deeply grateful that you have given us a candid view of our guests’ needs and expectations. We are confident, by reviewing and responding to personal observations such as yours, that we can meet and exceed them. Your perspective, as the customer, is invaluable. We eagerly and openly welcome any additional comments, concerns, or questions you might have.
Hamilton
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This is our first week of 3 at the Extended Stay DeLuxe John Young in Orlando. Upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised - all the public areas of the hotel turned out to be spotlessly clean. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful and our suite also tuned out to be very nice and clean. We had to do a bit of wiping in drawers and kitchen shelves. Although we are only supposed to get one full cleaning per week, they brought fresh towels pretty well daily.
The only negative comment I can make is about the breakfast - the Extended Stay chain advertises the availability of fruit on the breakfast bar, but none has appeared so far. They should not make claims they don't deliver!
I'll review again at the end of our stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing John Young Parkway are probably noisier than others as John Young is extremely busy...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 February 2012

One of the better Extended Stay properties that we have stayed in. This one has had recent renovation and is in nice shape. Only down side is the place is noisy. Walls and ceilings must have no insulation. Sounded like tap dancing elephant above us on the first night. Tranisents were in parking lot constantly but made no contact with us. Overall this is a very nice place to stay, close enough to all the big venues(Florida Mall within 1 1/2 miles) but far enough away not to be bothered by the crowds and hussle-bussle. We would stay here again if a deal was available like the one we got. Be advised , Extended Stay allows pets in the rooms and they don't really care where they place them. There was a big dog across the hall from us that barked alot. All in all 4 stars, ****

Room Tip: We asked for the quietest area they had(we're in our 50s) and didn't get it. I relize it wou...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Florida City, Florida
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Great location and price. The location is awesome, very close to all the attractions. The rooms were clean but found couple of roaches ( Pls see pictures) even after we notified room service they were not cleaned. Mildew was on the bathroom walls. They have a very hard working manager her name is Eva. She is an excellent manager and works very hard to please everyone. The rooms had everything you need, no need to go out and spent money to eat outside. Walmart is across the street. The cleanness of the rooms needs more attention.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family