“A true NIGHTMARE!”

Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #173 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
“A true NIGHTMARE!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012 via mobile

I will never stay at this establishment again! We just left Orlando today, during our stay at the poor hotel, I was in an elevator that FELL an ENTIRE FLOOR when returning to my room! Luckily my 17 month old son and my 18 week pregnant wife were not in the elevator when it happened. Heavy plastic ceiling tiles out of the roof of the elevator fell on my head. If they were I. There someone surely could his been hurt badly.

When I reported the incident to hotel management they kindly offered to comp us a breakfast buffet (which is also terrible). We are now headed home and my wife's arm are covered in what appears to be bed bug bites. I wont know until we meet with out physician tomorrow.

The location of this hotel is outstanding , it's close to Disney and tons of GREAT places to eat . (I recommend Kobe Japanese Steakhouse, was superb). Stay away from this hotel.. The rooms are filthy and the service is even worse. Oh and don't miss breakfast by 5 mins either... If you show up at 10:32 (breakfast ends at 10:30) they will "politely" tell you you're not allowed to enter the breakfast buffet because it closed 2 mins ago.. As people are going back for multiple trips in front of you. This Hotel was the pits! Good Riddence, and youre lucky you haven't been sued yet... Yet!

Stayed May 2011
3 Thank Chris H
RosenHotels, Manager at Clarion Inn Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
We are very sorry for the incident with the elevator and we are truly glad no one else was with you during the occurrence.

The elevators are renovated and are excellently maintained by a reputable company they are one of eight on the property. We closed that elevator immediately as non-service for repair and inspection; and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience to you. Your room has been inspected and certified by our excellent vendor Massey service and found to be completely free of any insects as our contract with them is pest prevention. Please contact a member of general management as we would like to speak with you in person about your comments and see what we can do to change your mind about visiting with us again. We pride ourselves on our service and repeat customers and we do not believe that your stay was reflective of the thousands of happy vacations we have been a small part of over the years.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Czech first
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I booked this via Thomas Cook based on location and value for money.

I've been to Orlando several times and our accommodation is only usually used for falling into bed exhausted after a long day at the parks, so as long as it is clean, comfortable and well situated I'm happy.

I did get a bit nervous though from some of the bad reviews on here so I emailed the hotel. I didn't receive a response which made me even more nervous so I tried again. A chap called Troy emailed me back and apologised profusely as he hadn't received my mails. I requested two rooms on at least the 3rd floor overlooking the parking lot (as advised on here) and although he obviously couldn't guarantee this - he said he'd try his best.

We arrived (after a great Thomas Cook flight - something else that I was nervous about!), check-in was really smooth and efficient and I had two adjacent rooms on the third floor overlooking the parking lot - result. Thank you Troy.

Everything was fine, the room was a bit dark but mainly because of the black out curtains - which were brilliant! Free wifi was very intermittent (but hey - not the end of the world). This is the best hotel we've stayed in, in comparison with other similar graded and priced properties. It could be a little noisy but it's a hotel really close to Disney so you have to expect that people will be up early/getting back late - it never really bothered us - besides the air con was noisy enough to drown out most of the noise :) We were pleased and found it very clean (not a cockroach in sight :)), maid service was great, fridge and microwave were a nice touch. The grounds were nice to walk around and both of the pool areas were clean and well maintained. There's also a safety deposit box and a digital alarm clock, which come in handy. Beds were comfy and the pillows fluffy so we all slept well.

It's a 5 minute drive to Disney and 10/15 for everywhere else. We didn't use the shuttles as we had a car and never walked to Downtown Disney but apparently it's a pleasant 20 minute stroll away.

We also stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel during our stay which was $300 a night more expensive than this. That too was great - but at that price I expected it to be.

The Clarion Inn exceeded my expectations and I would have no hesitation in returning or recommending it. It is not a resort style hotel, nor is it a 5 star so if your expectations are in line with this, I think you'll be in for a pleasant surprise.

Enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Apparently the parking lot side is the best because of the noise from the I4 however the views were...
1 Thank SpamboEngland
We are glad you enjoyed your visit. Thank you for providing feedback on your experience.
Bridgend, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

Having read Trip advisor I was apprehensive before arrival. Our enlarged family of 10 stayed in 3 rooms in April for 2 weeks. we were very pleasantly surprised. Motel style, each room had fridge, microwave & wifi, comfortable beds & courteous room staff. Reception staff were good & not at all rude, in fact they represented the friendlliness & helpfulness which we experienced virtually everywhere. Visiting from the UK, we found the courtesy generally more than we are used to.Close proximity to theme parks & close walking to a number of restaurants was useful and the vehicle park was huge, no problem for our 12 seater Chevrolet. The children loved the swimming pools & splash area to which we returned most days after the parks. they were never overcrowded. Quietest rooms over look the car park. Would I recommend? Without hesitation. I have already given an endorsement to my UK travel agent, who incidentally has stayed here himself twice!

Room Tip: Most quiet rooms overlook the car park. We stayed in Building One and had no complaints.
5 Thank David B
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again someday.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

The overbooked by letting people extend their stay. When I showed up at the desk over spring break, they hnded me a paper to go to the Orlando Sun Resort, rated 1.6/5 LESS than this hotel. It was not a good experience. When I called to complain, they werent really all that sorry about it and wanted to give me 5000 choice points which doesnt even give me 1 night's stay in a decent hotel. BEWARE!

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

great location, quite place,spacious rooms, frendly staff...BUT BUT BUT cockroaches...cockroaches...cockroaches DO LEAVE THERE TOO. if you like this animals than go for it... great location, but i wouldn't eat there.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple