“Great Price for Disney Springs”

Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Ranked #180 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I had not been to WDW in just a little over 6 years. Had a lot of friends in Orlando I wanted to see, but above all, it was the Disney experience that I wanted to get.

This was a very last minute trip. I looked for availability for the Disney Budget Resorts and everything was booked. Even the All-Star Sports Resort had no available rooms for the days I was planing to travel.

I knew I wanted to stay on Disney property, so I started looking for the hotels in the Disney Springs area and opted for the Best Western.

Best Western gave put me within walking distance of Disney Springs and provided transportation to all 4 Disney Parks starting an hour before park opening to up to an hour and a half after park closings. It also provided shuttle service to Disney Springs starting at 6pm. Buses ran in 30 minute intervals and proved to be very convenient.
Word of advice. Once you are done in whichever park you started out in and are ready to move on to another park, you can use the Disney buses to move in between parks. You don't have to wait for the Disney Springs buses to do this as they will only take you back to the hotel. Take advantage as much as you can of any transportation Disney has to offer to move withing Disney property. It doesn't cost anything and they run from 10, 15 and 30 minute intervals. Also, Disney Springs transportation from the Theme Parks starts at 4pm every day, but keep in mind that this is only one way. You will not get transport to the parks from Disney Springs.

I arrived to the hotel around 9am since I took a red eye flight from LAX. My room was not ready yet, but I was allowed to leave my luggage and their storage room and went to spend some time at Disney Springs. Around 1:30pm I got a call from the front desk to inform me that my room was ready.

My friends were with me, who I met at Disney Springs, and they gave me a ride to the hotel before going to Buffalo Wild Wings to meet other friends for the evening. The hotel was nice enough to let them park in the employee parking while they waited in my room for me to shower and get ready.

My room was on the 12th floor with a breathtaking view of Disney Springs, the lake and the surrounding hotels in the Disney Springs area. The room was clean, nice and cool with plenty of pillows as per my request when booking. The AC in the room was easy to operate, plenty of coffee supplies. The room also has a safe which became really handy as I locked my laptop and other electronics there every day. It is very easy to use and I highly recommend it. Bathroom was clean with plenty of towels and toiletries. The TV had plenty of channels. I recommend Channel 7 if you are wondering what to do in the parks. This channel gives you a run down on everything there is to do at the Walt Disney World Resort. The rooms have a balcony with two chairs and a table (These were brought into the room the day before the storm). I loved having my morning coffee overlooking Disney Springs before heading out every morning.

House keeping service was top notch. I can back every day to a clean room with re-stocked supplies.

Front desk was very helpful as I had two items delivered to me from Amazon and held for me at the front desk. Do be advised that there is a 5 dollar fee for holding packages for you, but this is worth it as I really needed these items for my trip.
The lobby has a Disney run shop with plenty to choose from in case you forgot to get a souvenir in the parks for someone. There is also a gift shop where you can get supplies like water, snacks, sewing kits, tape, envelopes... you name it.
The eateries offer Pizza Hut products and the restaurant has a great breakfast buffet.

I ended up extending my stay two additional days since my flight got cancelled due to Hurricane Irma. The staff was very helpful with integrating my Expedia reservation into their system so that I didn't have to change rooms or even check out and then check back in. The process was seamless and took no time at all for them to do. Everyone working the hotel before, during and after the storm were just great. Everyone very helpful and attentive to all the guests.

I had a great time staying at the Best Western in the Disney Springs area. Staying here really made my trip memorable and I would not hesitate to stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Rooms with Disney Springs view are spectacular during day or night.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed 9 nights and was one of our best Disney trips ever. Upgraded to a Disney view room and watched Disney Studios, Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks from our balcony. Great prices and package that included breakfast. Breakfast is important to us as we eat and hit the parks for a full day of Disney. Kathy, Anita and our omelette maker - Eron (sorry if spelt wrong), made the trip for us. We drove from Niagara Falls and loved talking to Kathy and Anita about back home New York state (even if we were from the Canadian side - go Bills!). We had a couple of minor bumps but were dealt with by maintenance - issue with slow draining tub. Front desk called to make sure all was well and didn't need to change rooms - all was great. Will be back.

Room Tip: Disney View rooms - the best
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Eno30
Reviewed 5 September 2017

This hotel is a great option to stay at, when in town for visiting the Walt Disney World resort. It is serviced by regular shuttle buses to the 4 Disney parks. It is also within walking distance to the Disney Springs shopping/dining area.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 822victorq
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Everything is good but it is too dark in the guest room. The location is easy to get everywhere by waling distance (grocery store, McDonald, Disney Spring.). And hotel shuttle has service to 4 theme parks.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2017

My aunt and I stayed here for our first trip to Walt Disney World. The hotel and its amenities were awesome, great staff, room was comfortable and shower was very clean. Their buffet breakfast is awesome! Lots of variety and very delicious. Definitely would recommend. I will say this about the WDW shuttle- I don't think the shuttle is employed by the hotel because otherwise we wouldn't have been upset. The shuttles were always late, the bus drivers would get out of the bus and get breakfast in the morning from our hotel, the drivers weren't very friendly, and the driving felt very reckless. It probably would have been more worth the hassle of paying $20 a day to park a vehicle at the parks.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank annamaem2017
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
6.6 km away
10.0 km away
Terra Verde Resort
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 64 in Kissimmee

Been to Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK