“excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #223 of 334 Hotels in Orlando
Orlando, Florida
“excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

Checked in with James and found him to be very helpful and friendly throughout my stay. The manager (Jennifer) was very knowlodgable of the area and made sure i treated well during may stay. Rooms have recently been updated and kept clean during my stay. All in all I had a very pleasant stay during my week there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, 30 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to give the Red Roof Inn Orlando South your feedback. We recently purchased the property, and we greatly appreciate hearing about the experiences our guests have. We look forward to accomodating you on your next visit to the Orlando area.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Lanexa, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Pulled in around 7:30pm to check in and found the office door locked and a number of people waiting outside the office. I called the phone number on the posted sign and got no answer. I then called the Red Roof 800 number and the agent put me on hold and advised a supervisor what was going on. He came back to tell me he would call me back when he learned something. I asked if I could cancel the reservation as it was after the posted time - he told me "no" as the hotel was owned by a franchisee and it was strictly the owner's decision. After a hour a man pulled up in a car and a woman walked back to the office. After waiting for the people in front of me to be taken care of, the front desk clerk confirmed that I had reserved a "King Superior" room. She gave me keys to room 121 and I got my luggage out of the car and went to the room. I opened the door and there were two double beds in it. Dragged my luggage back to my car and returned to the front desk. I was then given a key to room 131 which was a king. After in the room for a while the phone rang and a man asked for Susan. Told him there was no Susan there and hung up. About 10 minutes later I heard someone trying to open the door to the room. I opened the door and seemed to shock the woman outside. She looked at me confused and said "I'm sorry - this is the 2nd room they've given me that is already occupied - I'm out of here!" I asked her if her name was Susan - she was stunned and said yes. I told her that someone had called for her a little while ago. When I went to be, I had fallen asleep and the phone rang. It was the front desk and the woman asked for "Mr. Wambaugh" - clearly they were confused as to who was in what room.

Room Tip: Pool is open until midnight. Stay away from those rooms if you want peace and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
      Location
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Chris P
Jennifer L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Orlando South - Florida Mall, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to review our hotel. I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced while staying at our property. Please know that I have already spoke to the agents regarding the experience you had. We pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service to our guests and apologize that we fell short. Please know that we are working very hard to correct any issues that may arise and hope that you will return to our hotel again on your next visit to the Orlando area.