“Clean hotel but terrible beds!”

Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Ranked #225 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

This hotel is clean, easy to get to and staff is nice. However the AC could use some updates. Doesn't get the whole room cool. The beds are some of the worst I've ever slept on. My whole body hurts this morning! But overall not too bad.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Dear Meggyamber,
Thank you for taking time to submit a review. I take pride in our hotels cleanliness and I am glad to hear we exceeded your expectations! As well, we are continuously training, and re-training all of our associates to ensure a high level of customer service. It was a pleasure to read that the entire staff exceeded your expectations regarding level of service! I will pass along your kind comments about overall staff service at our next staff meeting. Furthermore, I am sorry that your stay was not completely problem free. I was unable to find your reservation by looking at the details on your TripAdvisor page, however if you send me an email, I will be sure to take all necessary actions to correct these issues. As a Courtyard by Marriott, we have preventive maintenance program which ensures our Chief Engineer enters every room once a quarter to proactively find, and prevent these problems. However, if you are willing to contact me I would ensure we solve these issues immediately. I appreciate your business, and hope to see you next time you are in the Maitland area!
JJ.Tabone@Marriott.com

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed here while my husband had business in Orlando and added a few nights to visit Universal Studios. It's a 20 minute drive to parks but it's right on the interstate so wasn't bad since we were already there anyway for business. Very clean. However, when we checked in the gave us a room and when we went to unlock it our key worked but guest were already staying in the room. Scary thought. They gave us a new room right away and were very apologetic. No other incedents to speak of. The kids enjoyed the pool, it was very clean and they had a nice outside area set up. It's close to lots of restaraunts plus a Walmart, Target and Publix if you happen to forget to pack something.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear MLBG582,
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott ~ Maitland for you lodging needs. I am glad to hear that your family was able to enjoy the theme parks after a business trip. As you said, we are not the closest hotel to the theme parks. However, with a rental car our guests can still enjoy the theme parks. Also, I am glad to hear you felt the property was very clean. I would also like to sincerely apologize for the issue that occurred with your room. As soon as I was made aware of the situation I took the necessary actions to ensure that a similar incident does not happen again. If you are ever in the area again we would be glad to have you back!
Courtyard by Marriott ~ Maitland

Reviewed 21 May 2012

My daughter and I checked in for a sports tournament on the 18th of May, 2012. The first room we were put in had a very strong musty/moldy odor - too much to tolerate. We went to the front desk and were happily offered another room by a young desk attendant with curly brown hair. The new room was clean with no odor. The lobby was clean and modern. The outside appearance of the hotel was attractive and welcoming. Although we did not eat in the restaurant, it appeared modern and well-kept My main complaint would be the lack of friendliness and hospitality by Stacey at the front desk. Although there were many times my daughter and I walked right past her standing at the front desk with no other guests in vision and not otherwise occupied with any task, she couldn't muster a smile or a friendly greeting; we were given eye contact and an indifferent head nod. Also, we stopped the desk to ask her a question about the local area and while I was speaking she answered the phone and rather than asking the person on the phone to please hold, she left me standing there for three minutes before I turned and just walked out. One final thing to mention, when we returned to our room one afternoon, the maid was cleaning the room and watching a Spanish soap opera at the same time. She seemed embarrassed. My overall "average" on this review was really based on the demeanor of Stacey at the front desk as we had to walk back and forth past her many times - none of which left us with a pleasant or appreciated feeling.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Good Morning Happymomofthree,
First, I wanted to thank you for your review of our hotel. I know your time is valuable and I appreciate you going to Trip Advisor to fill out a review. As well, I wanted to thank you for your kind comments regarding our newly renovated lobby. We recently posted our new pictures so everyone can see the great lobby renovations that are now complete. We are proud of our new lobby Bistro which is open for breakfast and dinner. As well, I wanted to apologize for the lack of customer service you received from Stacey. As a Courtyard by Marriott our goal is to always go above and beyond our guests expectations, especially when it comes to customer service. I’m sorry we failed to deliver on this goal during your recent stay. Stacey is one of our newer associates and I have already addressed these concerns with her. If you are ever in the area again I’m confident you will see that Stacey has improved greatly. We look forward to seeing your group next year!

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I was passing through Orlando on my way to Miami. This hotel was the least number of Marriott Rewards points in the Orlando area. It was very nice. Good quiet location away from the theme parks. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Marj P, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2014

Thank you for the kind words about our property. We look forward to seeing you again at The Courtyard Maitland.

Reviewed 9 March 2012

Roof being redone so noisy and ugly. New "Bistro" has McDonald's ambiance with high prices and lots of loud noisy music. Worse of all, in these days of the "dream bed", the bed was hard and uncomfortable with scratchy, bleach-smelling sheets and flat pillows. Towels were thin and like sandpaper. Water from tap undrinkable. None of requests honored (high floor, quiet room far from elevator/vending/ice.). Originally tried to give us a room right by the elevator on the 2nd floor looking out at the trash chute for the roof redo. Spoke with front desk about disappointment with room assigned and even though we had reserved some weeks before and were checking in ahead of most, were told the best that could be done was to move us a few rooms down. And yet this chain is more expensive than its competitors. Very little sleep and will not stay in a Courtyard again.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
CY_Orl_Maitland_GM, General Manager at Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear ltdAsheville,

Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott in Maitland. I apologize that you did not have a pleasurable experience. As mentioned in your review, our roof was being redone while you were staying at the hotel. We made every effort to minimize the effect of the roof repair and I apologize that your stay overlapped this portion of the renovation and that you were negatively impacted by the roof repairs. However, I am happy to say the roof is now fully renovated. As well, I am sorry that you did not enjoy our new Bistro, next time you are in the area please let me know and it would be my pleasure to treat you to breakfast or dinner so I can show you several of our better value options that many of our guests have enjoyed. If you would like to discuss your stay in more detail please feel free to call or email me.

JJ.Tabone@Marriott.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
0.4 km away
Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland
0.2 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive
0.1 km away
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1760 Pembrook Dr.
3.7 km away
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
SpringHill Suites Orlando Altamo...
#4 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK