4,526 results
All reviews copa loca bedroom villa sea world full kitchen marriott vacation club paddle boats pizza hut main pool time share ice cream shop washer and dryer great resort marriott properties international drive daily activities tennis courts screened in porch
Reviewed 9 December 2009

I stayed at the Marriott Grande Vista for 3 nights when in Orlando on business. My board meeting was at the Caribe Royale, but a co-worker and I decided to stay at the Marriott instead. The rate was lower, and the property was far superior! Everyone was jealous when we talked about the size of our villas and the amenities.

The property has so many features that I did not get to experience: a full slate of activities daily, restaurants, spa, fitness center, etc. I hope to go back soon on a real vacation to experience the property to the fullest! A+ for the Marriott Grande Vista, a fabulous choice in the Orlando area!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 November 2009

My family and my in-laws shared a 3br unit over Thanksgiving week. We've stayed here a few years ago and prefer to stay at Marriott Harbour Lakes(Horizon's) or DVC, however we needed a 3BR, so felt lucky to have exchanged in.

The resort itself is very large with a lot of buidings which seemed crammed in, but the amenities are nice. The kid's area was pretty good. It has an indoor playgym for kids 52in and under. A variety of activities. The people running the activities were nice and polite and the area felt clean. The little restaurant and ice cream shop were convenient and the staff was friendly.

Our unit in building 83 was old and sort of falling apart. I don't know if this was a building that just didn't get refurbished yet or that it's just taken a lot of abuse. The trim on the furniture were coming undone. The cabinets were old and sticky. The door handles were wobbly and cheap. When we pulled out the sofa bed, all kinds of stuff came with it, like gold fish crackers, straws, playing cards. The unit did not feel fresh and clean at all. There was pee left on the toilet seat...gross. It's probably the only Marriott I've ever stayed at that I felt like I HAD to disinfect and I have a pretty high tolerance for germs. Definitely not 4 or 5 star caliber.

It could be just my particular unit with these problems. Although I've never been a fan of this resort, mainly because I don't like how long it takes to get anywhere. I feel like I have to drive to the pool because, depending on what building you get put it, it could very well be a 20 minute walk. Our unit was closer this time, maybe about 7 minute walk to the front desk, but the unit was yuckier.

Another thing that bothered me was on a few nights, it was super loud with young couples partying. They blasted car stereos and were drinking and hanging out on the rail. Security must have come because they quieted down fairly quickly, but it seemed that every other night these things would start up. It just seems to be a different crowd. It might just be that there are so many buildings so close together, that if one group gets abnoxious, everyone hears it.

Overall, it's a pretty standard timeshare with timeshare amenities, but the service and feel of the resort was not as good as what I'm used to from other Marriotts. The golf course was nice looking and the grounds look well groomed. I'm glad it was just an exchange and I was able to trade up to a 3br, but next time I'd rather stay elsewhere. I would never pay rack rate for this.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Enjoyed our stay here very much. The postion of this complex is wonderful. It is close to all the attractions but its position is at the quiet end of International Drive so the traffic is not heavy. The grounds and surroundings are lovely although the apartment itself could do with being updated. We stayed in the one bedroom apartment and although the bed in the main bedroom was very comfortable the mattress on the bed settee could have been better. The service at the Marriott was excellent - there was a problem with our cistern and maintenance arrived only 15 minutes after I had contacted the desk - I was very impressed! If going to Orlando again I would probably consider staying here again, based mainly on its excellent location and excellent facilities within the grounds.

1  Thank Miss_Pie
Reviewed 11 November 2009

This resort was fantastic. The pictures posted paint a pretty accurate picture for you, though I will admit it was a little smaller than I expected, but still worth it. I loved this resort and all of the amenities offered. I will certainly stay there again on future trips to Orlando.

Reviewed 9 November 2009

I have stayed here twice before in 2003 and 2005, and the resort is still as i had remembered. Clean well maintained grounds, pool areas and rooms. A few things didn't work in my parents room - the patio door would not lock and it took two days to fix, the smoke alarm kept beeping and it took 2 days to change the battery but overall it wasn't a major issue.I used the gym a few times and it was very well equipped, the bar had happy hour though we only used it once. At the main pool they played the same cd over and over again which was a bit toooooooooo much. My kids loved the rock climbing which was free and the visit from Bret who came from GATORLAND and brought aligators. lizards, scorpions and some lovely creatures for us to look at. We ahd a great time and would go back again in a minute

1  Thank wrisberg