“EXCELLENT HOTEL”

Ranked #209 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“EXCELLENT HOTEL”
Reviewed 3 May 2012

This hotel was an excellent choice to stay at, the sevice of the hotel was impeccable, they tended to our every needs. Room was fantastic, food in the hotel restaurant was to die for, staff was helpful and very polite, even the taxi service was unbeatable. We (myself and my boyfriend) will definately will be returning to this hotel and holiday again

Room Tip: a look over downtown disney best view out there
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sub300
Jeremy H, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear sub300, Thank you for the excellent review! We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!
Jeremy Hecht
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,006)
New Mexico
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I stayed here in February 2012...my babies first time to Disneyworld. We were stoked...but the hotel looks much nicer on the website than it actually is.

On arrival we were told we had the kids eat free at their restaurants. In the morning we went downstairs and ate at their buffet. It was ok...nothing spectacular, but when we asked for the check we were told that we had to pay for my five year old daughter. They told us we didn't have kids eat free.

We rode the shuttles to Disneyworld and when we were dropped off, directions were not given clearly. We left when my kids were tired, even went to the bus directory for help. It was posted that BV Palace shuttles come every so often and we called the hotel as well. It was horrible...we stayed there for an extra hour before eventually getting a $20 cab.

Not exactly sure I would enthusiastically recommend this hotel. Next time I would look around.
The rooms are clean...swan was really awesome. My kids liked the playground. Not exactly sure if I would enthusiastically recommend.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Vtwinke
Dear Vtwinke, I am sorry about the missunderstanding with the kids eat free and the slow shuttle service. I can see how these issues have affected your stay and truly do apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused. I have passed along your comments onto our Management team for review. Thank you again for sharing your comments from your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The whole experience was great. Clean room,great facilities, friendly staff, great location( across the road from Down Town Disney).I will warmly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Elvira777
Thank you for the wonderful comments! We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay! We cannot wait to welcome you back again soon.
Warm Wishes,
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 May 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my family as a "last hurrah" for a Disney trip before I was scheduled to leave the state. It had a decent review on tripadvisor and the deal from hotels.com was great ($119/night per room with $50 resort credit for each room) so I decided to take a chance. In the beginning I regretted this decision, but by the end I was quite pleased.

After the three and a half hour car trek up to Orlando, we wanted nothing more than to check into our rooms and go to sleep. Not so simple. There was a leak on the 5th floor (management initially said it was the 3rd or 4th floor) and water was dripping EVERYWHERE. Not only that, but there was a massive crowd of young adults leaving some type of formal event and the lobby was very noisy and cramped.

We went to the check-in counter and since they did not have a King bed as requested for my parents' room, they upgraded both beds to a better view. Problem? They put us on the 5th FLOOR (where the leak was). They did explain that the resort credit of $50 per room was good for ANYTHING at the resort (not just the spa) and we received vouchers for two free drinks per room.

When we got to the floor it was so noisy with machines attempting to control the leak and clean up the water, which was EVERYWHERE. Also, there was a musty smell. We attempted to settle into the room, but after a second thought, went downstairs to complain. Deal or not, this was not what we had signed up for.

In the lobby, the check-in staff was very apologetic, as they stated they just learned the leak came from the 5th floor and wouldn't have put us on that floor if that was the case. We were immediately switched to the 6th floor, which was much more clean and inviting. And best of all, no leak or noisy machines.

The beds were comfortable and the room had a nice set-up. Wi-Fi was free (make sure to enter in the included coupon code which comes with every room, otherwise you have to PAY). No other problems there and the bath products were spa-quality, a nice step up from the normal fare.

Saturday breakfast downstairs was either a brunch or a la carte. Both were fairly standard fare (omelettes were good) but it was nice to have that option. On Sunday there is only a more expensive set brunch price (no a la carte) because it was a character breakfast, so be warned.

The hotel is in an excellent location just a stone's throw away from the Downtown Disney marketplace. Also, there are transportation shuttles included in the resort fee ($17 per room/night, but after looking at the breakdown of what this includes, completely worth it). The second night was much quieter, cleaner, and the leak was under control and fixed. Check out the concierge area before you leave too, as they have a number of "return" deals and can give you 250 Hilton Honors points.

Overall, I would stay here again if given another good deal. The leak was just an unfortunate circumstance and, although they could have handled it differently, at least our rooms very quickly and meticulously changed without any fuss. Could also use a little renovations as some areas were showing their age. The benefits outweighed any problems and they deserve another chance.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Daredevil3181
Dear Daredevil3181, I am sorry to hear that you and your family were affected by the leak. I have passed your comments regarding how we handled the situation onto our Management Team for review to ensure we are handling these sensitive issues the best way possible. Thank you again for these great comments and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I just stayed there this weekend for a conference. The service was great, except I locked myself out of my room and it took security 20 minutes to come up. I could have gone down and gotten a new key made much quicker. The resort is literally right across the street from downtown Disney, this means there are several restraints within walking distance. The snackshop and dinning options onshore are way over priced for what they offer. I would. Defiantly stay there again especially with the great pool and recreation area they have.

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Christened
Dear Christened, Thank you for the wonderful comments regarding your stay! I have passed your comments about the price of food and beverage onto our Director of Food and Beverage for review. Thank you again for taking the opportunity to write about your recent stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!
Warm Wishes,
Jeremy Hecht
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Lake Buena Vista
Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Resort Area
Windsor Palms Resort
#10 of 62 in Kissimmee
Terra Verde Resort
#11 of 62 in Kissimmee

Been to Hilton Orlando Buena Vista Palace Disney Springs? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK