“A bit grotty, but well located”

Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex
Ranked #311 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The non-smoking room I booked reeked of smoke so I notified the desk of this. They had no other rooms so I said I would stay but didn't want to be fined for 'smoking'.

It's well located for downtown (10-15 minutes walk to pubs and clubs).

Beware the one way streets and level crossings that surround the area, it took me a while to get onsite and I went the wrong way down a few streets to do so...

There is a small carpark out front and a bigger one in the back, but again watch out for the one-ways.

Room was reasonably clean. TV was very static-y.

There is no breakfast, you can use your key to get 10% off at the diner next door but that place made me feel ill... it wasn't very nice.

Room Tip: Arrive with no expectations and you'll get better than a motel.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Orlando Downtown Centroplex

Reviewed 19 September 2011

I had booked 2 nights at this Travelodge due to it's location and low price. I only stayed 1 night, and left to stay elsewhere the second night. The room was overall very rundown, and the shower was a laughable disaster. I regret not taking any photos, but it was in such bad shape it had to be seen to be believed. Holes in the walls, taps and faucets in awful shape, years of grime buildup on walls and floor.. and cracks in the shower floor as well.

All this being said, I am not a picky traveller.. I would have made it work for the second night, but the WiFi wouldn't stay connected more than 2 minutes at a time, and when it was connected, it was very, very slow. The front desk had no interest in helping me with the issue (reboot the router, change my room closer to the router), instead she made it sound like it was my error that the connection was poor. I needed the internet on this trip, so I cancelled my second night and moved elsewhere.

Downtown is very close, and there's also a 7-11 within a very short drive, or about a 3 minute walk. Those are plus sides, but neither have anything to do with the hotel itself.

To sum up my review, the hotel was NOT terrible, but it was rundown and overall the rooms are not well maintained. If you are only looking for a place to sleep at night, then it would be acceptable. But I don't recommend their internet connection, nor do I recommend friendliness of the staff.

Room Tip: If you want Wifi, be sure to ask at checkin for a room close to the router. I could not get a room c...
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I met my father in Orlando and he had booked this hotel as he was running out the door to the airport because it was cheap. Well, even my frugal (retired) father decided that it was not worth it and we moved to a different hotel after one night. My father commented that it was so bad that he wouldn't stay here again if it was free.

The place is just dingy. It appears to be about two decades overdue for a remodel. Unfortunately, the low price and location (it is directly across the street from the county court house) tend to attract some questionable characters as well. I would have been very uncomfortable if my wife had been staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Pros:
Price
Comfortable beds
Large bathroom
Balcony
Service staff

Cons:
Lack of electrical outlets
Thin walls
Restaurants slip ads under door
No mini fridge

I'll be honest, the reason we chose this hotel was because it was the cheapest we could find in Orlando and we had 3 months to research it. $66 per night including tax was an excellent deal. My sister and I came to Orlando to see the New Kids on the Block / Backstreet Boys concert and were going to visit Islands of Adventure while we were in town.

We got a two queen sized bed, non-smoking room. We were surprised to find that we had a balcony. The beds were ultra comfortable which were helpful after our 5-hour journey to get to Orlando. We realized immediately when we went to try to charge our cell phones that our room was shockingly devoid of power outlets. Thankfully we found a couple so all was good but they really should have more outlets in the rooms since people are obviously traveling and most likely are carrying a lot of electronics.

The best part of our hotel stay was the woman who is at the front desk in the evenings and mornings. She was the most helpful person we encountered during our trip and was very friendly. She made our stay that much more pleasant.

The only real complaint we had was the thin walls. We were woken up a couple times by voices in the hallway and activity in the room next to ours. This would not keep us from staying here again because we definitely will if we ever find ourselves in Orlando again.

Room Tip: Even if you smoke, ask for a non-smoking room as they all have balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2011

We didn't even make it to our rooms before deciding to stay somewhere else. The staff were not courteous at all. I had my husband's credit card but not his ID (he was not with us). They would not let him simply fax a copy of his ID but insisted they must have him a form to fill out. Since we cannot receive a fax at home, this was a problem... they didn't even try to help. I had to use another card I did not want to use.
While on the way I called to confirm our reservation. The desk clerk was very curt, almost rude. Two hours later he called me to ask if I still intended to come... sounding almost accusatory. Then he told me the card I'd used to make the reservation had expired. I was in a gas station at the time so did not want to read out my card number there... rather than being understanding or courteous, he told me in an impatient and annoyed tone that if I wanted to stay he would need another card number right then or he would not hold my room.
When we did get there, there was no place to park, and there were people hanging around cars in the parking lot... at 1AM. It all felt weird to me, and we left. I would not have been comfortable staying there.

• Stayed: May 2011