This was our second trip to the hotel in six months. Upgraded this time being Hilton Honors Gold to a lower room in block 11 at the back of the tower. Again the room was dark (I expect all the block rooms are) but the upgrade gave us fridge, microwave and hardwood flooring. The fridge was handy but we never used the microwave. For some the hardwood flooring may not be appreciated as you'll hear next door or their pets if they have them with them trotting about through the adjoining door. The other point we noticed about block 11 is that because of it's location the hotel staff often use it as a cut through and they can be quite noisy early on. If we were to choose our preference would be back at block 14 on an upper level for peace and quiet and easy access the lesser used pool of the hotel. Checkin was quicker than the last time, but still no one at the Hilton Honors desk. Parking wasn't free this time for us but we got it down to $10 per day + tax and the barrier is no longer activated by the room key so you'll need to carry another card. Parking is easy though if there are no functions on - on two occasions we struggled to find a space but the hotel staff are on hand to help.
Like our last visit the staff are great, the rooms are clean and the food superb. Quik Queue for Seaworld will save you about $25-$30 pp so worth picking up.
We'll be back in Orlando and will use the hotel again but we'll be more choosy about which block we are put into. For us it's ideal for location (at the end of ID and next to Seaworld, Discovery Cove etc), the affiliation with Seaworld and the staff and standard of rooms.
I've knocked off one of the rating as we're getting more fussy but gladly recommend the hotel to everyone. The rooms are dark but when in Orlando on holiday you shouldn't be in your room too often any way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Conveniently located adjacent to SeaWorld and its water park Aquatica and just minutes away from Universal Orlando Resort, Walt Disney World and the Orange County Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- International Plaza Orlando