“Second Time Around”

Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Ranked #139 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed 5 May 2012

This was our second trip to the hotel in six months. Upgraded this time being Hilton Honors Gold to a lower room in block 11 at the back of the tower. Again the room was dark (I expect all the block rooms are) but the upgrade gave us fridge, microwave and hardwood flooring. The fridge was handy but we never used the microwave. For some the hardwood flooring may not be appreciated as you'll hear next door or their pets if they have them with them trotting about through the adjoining door. The other point we noticed about block 11 is that because of it's location the hotel staff often use it as a cut through and they can be quite noisy early on. If we were to choose our preference would be back at block 14 on an upper level for peace and quiet and easy access the lesser used pool of the hotel. Checkin was quicker than the last time, but still no one at the Hilton Honors desk. Parking wasn't free this time for us but we got it down to $10 per day + tax and the barrier is no longer activated by the room key so you'll need to carry another card. Parking is easy though if there are no functions on - on two occasions we struggled to find a space but the hotel staff are on hand to help.

Like our last visit the staff are great, the rooms are clean and the food superb. Quik Queue for Seaworld will save you about $25-$30 pp so worth picking up.

We'll be back in Orlando and will use the hotel again but we'll be more choosy about which block we are put into. For us it's ideal for location (at the end of ID and next to Seaworld, Discovery Cove etc), the affiliation with Seaworld and the staff and standard of rooms.

I've knocked off one of the rating as we're getting more fussy but gladly recommend the hotel to everyone. The rooms are dark but when in Orlando on holiday you shouldn't be in your room too often any way.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room go for block 14 or some near on an upper level. Its also nearest to the qui...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Doubtletree_Orlando, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

We are delighted you have had the opportunity to stay with us on multiple occasions and we appreciate your feedback and recommendations to others. We will share your comments with the staff and regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. While each area of the resort does provide different experiences, we are happy to help assist you with finding the perfect room location that best meets your needs. Thank you for your feedback and we’ll see you soon at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld.

Reviewed 5 May 2012

I can imagine this being a perfect hotel for families wanting to visit the parks in Orlando. The rooms were a great size, the grounds are well laid out and peaceful and with three pools it never felt crowded.

Really there was nothing I could fault with the Doubletree.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Whether you are traveling alone or with your family, we feel the Doubletree by Hilton Orland at SeaWorld is a great destination while visiting the Orlando area. It was wonderful to have had you here and we appreciate your kind comments regarding your stay. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2012

The hotel lobby is very nice but the rooms were ok. You quickly learn that you are in Florida with all the leaves and lizards out your door. There was a silverfish on the shower curtain. The shower was ok at best. Beds were nice though. Biggest disappointment was parking. $14 a night. Really? Also, got in on a lare foight and my parking card did not work. You think that you are going into Ft Knox with all the gates. The address is on International Drive but the entrance is actually at the end of Westwood. It is very convenient to all the Orlando attractions especially Sea World.

Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Tim P

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us and regret any inconvenience you may have experienced. For future stays, do not hesitate to reach out to us regarding any difficulties you may have so we can address them immediately and get you back to enjoying your stay. Although we understand your disappointment with our parking fees, they are separate from the room charge, as not all guests require this amenity while at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld. Thank you for your review and we hope welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

Family of 9 of us went with varying ages from 10-64. We all loved this hotel very much. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and bed linen and towels changed daily. There were 3 great pools to choose from, and plent of other outdoor activities to keep the children amused. There are free shuttle buses to the theme parks if needed. I would definatley recommend staying here. Its not pricey but you get above average accomodation. I would say the only negative was that there wasnt a fridge in the rooms (although you purchase one on a daily basis which was $10 a night) which was rather pricey as most hotels have them as standard now. That said, a fantastic holiday was had by all and i would definatley go back there again. 4**** doubletree and thankyou

Room Tip: Rooms in block 8 face the car park so try not to get there
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank louderama

It was wonderful to have all nine of you here! It appears you had the opportunity to experience many of the amenities offered at the Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld and we appreciate your feedback. For future stays, our Deluxe room accommodations include a refrigerator and microwave and you can visit our website to determine which accommodations best meet your needs. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

My check in was wonderful with the staff professional, happy and I even got upgraded to the top floor of the Tower (Rm 21706), and greeted with warm chocolate chip cookies. Sweet! The day went great and upon return to the room at 9:00p.m. our room was filled with cigarette smoke. I looked at our door and verfied the room was non smoking and then called down to the Care Line to report it. I verified also that the rooms from 7th - 17th floors were all non-smoking. They said they would have security come up immediately to check it out. After 1 Hour passed a cleaning lady came with a disinfectant bottle because she was instructed to spray the room because of the smoke. What!?! I called back down to ask why security hadn't come and was told that they were coming right then. Well, right then didn't happen so I packed our bags and walked down to the front desk and asked for a new room. They were unaware of the problem I was experiencing. They got me a new room immediately. My son and I hoofed it back up getting into the room and then realizing we left behind a personal item in the smoked filled room. I called and they said they would have security get it. 45 minutes went by and nothing. I called again, and they said security was coming. So, I insisted that security come to my now room and I'll walk up with them. It's well passed 11:00 and I'm tired and my six year old is tired too. We did get the item and I pointed out to security if they smelled the smoke (so I didn't seem crazy) and they agreed. I asked them if anything would be done so no one else would be inconvenienced and he wouldn't or couldn't answer me. I get back to the new room, I tuck my boy in bed and I'm ready for a nice long shower to find that I don't have any toiletry items in my room. None. No bottled water either. So, I called down to request these items. I got the toiletry items at least but not the water. In fact, I had to leave a note for cleaning staff to leave me water since I had free water coupons.

I was never called back as if my entire experience didn't happen even after speaking with the concierge who stated she would give management the information immediately. Management needs to re-train their staff taking care of the Care Line and identifying needs of the customer. My feeling was that there was no follow up with the person smoking on the non smoking floor or at least any attempts to find out where it was coming from.

The last two evenings we were there I have to say that the dine-in meals were very good. So, would I ever stay there again? No way. On our final day, we were awoken by the maid staff talking very loud right across from my room because I guess it was social hour. I opened my door and asked them nicely to keep it down. Yikes!

So, the Care Line service stunk, the food was good, and if you don't mind cigarette smoke....then you won't mind staying there.

We stayed the remainder of the time because we had a schedule to stick to and it wasn't worth trying to find a new hotel over the weekend.

Room Tip: Tower rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank igotidea

We are extremely disappointed to hear your stay with us was not as you expected. Your feedback will be reviewed as we work with the team members to ensure customer satisfaction is our highest priority. While we appreciate you contacting us to resolve your concerns, we regret any inconvenience you may have experienced while here. Thank you for your time and we hope to welcome you back to renew your faith in us and so you can experience our hotel from a new perspective.