“freshest smelling hotel ever !!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista

Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista
Ranked #230 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Wirral
“freshest smelling hotel ever !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2009

For anyone that has any doubts about staying in this hotel you can dismiss them. I am very fussy about where I stay and had my reservations because it was only a 2 star. But after reading the reviews the majority convinced me that it would be fine and true enough it was. We were overlooking the lake which we preferred and you also got the sunrise that side. I can honestly say I have never stayed in a hotel that smelled so fresh as soon as you walked in, it was the first thing I noticed (bearing in mind I have also stayed in Disney's Grand Floridian and I don't remember it smelling that nice). The pool was small but adaquate which we had to ourselves practically every day. Location was fine, plenty of restaurants nearby within walking distance. One place you must visit is the Orlando Ale House for cheap beer and superior pub food. The other added bonus is complimentary internet access in the lobby. The only negative I can give is that the hotel did not have a bar which wasn't really a problem as there are plenty of places to choose from. Breakfast was also adequate and again there are other places if you fancied a change. we stayed here for two weeks, more as a relaxing holiday this time rather than doing the parks and we thoroughly enjoyed it . They also have a bus going to Epcot three times a day. We would definitely stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2009

I don't even know where to begin with this review, but I guess I'll start from the beginning. I booked this hotel after extensive research and pouring over all the reviews. I booked a 5 night stay at $57.00 per night.

I drove from South Jersey down to Orlando with my two teenage daughters early Sunday morning and actually arrived 2 days earlier. After driving for 18 hours, I was exhausted and couldn't drive another block. I dragged myself to the counter and told the lady that I had reservations for that following Tuesday, but that I had arrived two days earlier and if they had any rooms available. She looked up my reservation and told me that they had rooms available for two nights, but it would cost me $99 plus tax, and that if I wanted I could call the travel agent that I had used to make the other reservation to see if I could get a better deal from them.

I called the travel agent and they were able to get me the two nights for $89 per night plus tax. I had to wait a while in the lobby while the travel agent faxed the hotel some kind of paperwork. I waited about 45 minutes and I was about to drop dead from exhaustion but I finally got my room keys to room 221.

The room was very spacious, with two queen size beds. It had a fridge, microwave, a flat screen T.V. a coffeemaker, iron and board, a blow dryer in the bathroom and a balcony with an ugly view of the empty hotel next door.

The beds were extremely comfortable with nice pillows. The next morning I let the girls sleep and went down to check everything out. Breakfast was a big, big plus and I won't complain at all because it saved me loads of money. I had read many reviews about this hotel but breakfast far exceeded my expectations. Although it's true that it gets crowded in the morning, we never found ourselves without a table. The pool opens at 9:00 a.m. and some people would eat their breakfast by the pool, although that seems to be discouraged by management.

The hotel lobby was immaculate with different sitting areas. They have a special desk for those that want to buy their park tickets there, but I had bought my tickets online and had gotten them for much, much cheaper than what they were selling them for. They had a great deal of $149 for four nights plus two tickets for 2 days. I didn't have the money so I passed on the offer. They have one computer in the lobby for the guests to use and I never really had any problems using it. Sometimes someone would be using it but that wasn't an issue for me, I would just return at a later time. The gift shop is extremely expensive and I never saw anyone actually buying anything there. There's also 24 hour complimentary coffee in the lobby.

The swimming pool is the crowing jewel of the hotel. Although the pool is much smaller than what it appears in the pics online, it's still beautiful with its waterfall and slide. The area around the pool is clean with ample lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas. The first two days the girls just swam in the pool and had it all to themselves. It wasn't until after 8 p.m. that the pool would fill up with people taking a dip in the pool or in the whirpool after a long day at the parks. The pool closed at 12 midnight and my girls stayed there every night until closing time. It's important to mention that there isn't a life guard on duty and that young children should be accompanied by an adult or a responsible teenager. The hotel has a little laundry room with two washers and dryers where you can do your laundry for $1.25 per load. You can also buy laundry detergent there.

There's a free shuttle bus that picks guests at the front door and takes them to Epcot Center which really helps save in parking, but you have to make sure to be at the designated waiting spot in Epcot to get back to hotel. We missed our shuttle bus and had to wait 2 hours for the next one, and I wasn't a happy camper, but that wasn't the hotel's fault.

Two days after checking in, I went to the airport to pick up my son, who was vacationing in Puerto Rico, and my mom. My son slept in a cot which was $10 per night. My best friend flew in from Utah, and there were 6 people staying in room 221. My best friend and my mom shared a bed, my youngest daughter and me shared a bed, my son slept in the cot, and my youngest daughter slept on the floor.

I had bought some canned goods, disposable plates and had a great time eating in the room after returning from the parks. We checked out on the 23rd for our Bahamas cruise and upon arriving back on land, I made a beeline back to the hotel and got another night for $89. I had requested a cot for my son, but got one that belonged in the dumpster. We called down to have it replaced. A couple of minutes later we received a call from the manager who apologized for the cot and gave us a $20 discount so we ended up paying $66. I'm telling you, this place really went above and beyond. I love it, the kids loved it, my mom loved it.

It's very close to Burger King, Pizza Hut, and different eating spots. It's fairly close to Walt Disney, but not walking distance, though.

My husband wasn't able to accompany us on this vacation, but I definitely want him to visit this hotel and see for himself. I was very, very satisfied with this hotel and highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Nereida
nj
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2009

This hotel is the cleanest I have ever stayed at regardless of price or number of stars. The breakfast was a good way to start the day and the staff was helpful, the location for the Disney parks are great, but all second to the clean rooms, clean beds and clean bathrooms.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank yogagirlnj
CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2009

So we got a $68.00 a room price at this hotel. We got stuck on the second floor which is the worst place to be at this hotel. If possible please try to get a higher level floor. The place is pretty clean for the most part, but our room was very dark and damp. The view out the window was the roof and air conditioners (this is what everyone on the second floor will see). The hotel is very out dated and needs a major make over. The work out gym is unusable as of Aug 2009 ( they did not seem to know that). The equipment is very very old and broken... We complained about that and tried to get another room too at the same time. We were stuck in the room because we were told that the hotel was full. The breakfast there is a joke (nasty). The people that work there are pleasant. I would take my chances somewhere else. I would rate this with 2 stars at the most. At the end, the Hotel gave us a FREE night so it really came down to $32.00 a night instead of $68 a night, which is not too bad at all. But I would really look for something better.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2009

We stayed 4 nights. Hotel and room were clean, breakfast was ok (nothing fancy - remember it is FREE) and location was the best part of this hotel. It was only 7 minutes of Magic Kingdom, 15 minutes to Universal and 15 minutes to Aquatica. Also, it is located near to all the restaurants - Denny's, Olive Garden, Chilys, ALL of them!. We really recieved more than we expected for the price we paid. My kids are still talking about how much fun they had in the pool. Absolutly fantastic!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Michelle_Nunez
Tonko12, General Manager at Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, 28 August 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We are thrilled you had an enjoyable time as our guest.