Stayed 2 nights for a quick trip with 2 toddlers to Magic Kingdom. It started off bad. We got there just before published check in time and were told we would have to wait about 30 minutes for a room. Ended up waiting over an hour. When I would go to get an update from the front desk one staffer was rude and hostile about it. All other staff encounters during stay were very pleasant. Outside of hotel does not look as nice as pics but inside was plenty nice enough. Warning at check in you are told to go to guest services to get a free "welcome packet" which is some pamphlets and the person trying to talk you into attending a time share thing.
Room was more than adequate. Clean and big enough to be comfortable with 2 adults and 2 toddlers. Requested a crib and it was brought up quickly. Beds were comfy. Had a nice balcony view of the pool but never could figure out how to get the sliding door open! Might have just been user error though :) Was disappointed with the children TV channel options given it is a Disney area hotel!
Pool area was nice and clean, kids really enjoyed it. Water was FREEZING though even with mid 80 temperatures. We ate breakfast there both mornings. This was one of the reasons we choose this Holiday Inn and I think it was worth it. Nothing fancy but still better than others I have had. Plenty of kid options. Had a wonderful automatic pancake machine! Does start to get busy I recommend going as early as you can get the kids up. Plenty of dining options close by as well. Had a nice little gift shop but the hours were wacky. Post Office in shopping strip on same street was nice to do post cards.
Did not take shuttle to Disney as the schedule was terrible and only went to Epcot anyways! Driving totally worth it. The drive there was quick (15 minutes from parking lot to parking lot maybe) and easy and totally worth the cost. We got there 45 minutes before the gates opened and had great parking spot at the transportation center and plenty of time to get on Monorail to Magic Kingdom (no wait for monorail at all). You would spend a lot more time doing it via hotel shuttle. I think they said you could only bring umbrella strollers on the shuttle too which would not have worked for us. After a full day at park easy quick trip back to hotel. We also went to Downtown Disney the day we checked out and it was also a quick easy drive. Traffic can get heavy around hotel during rush hour times but otherwise fine.
Overall was just fine for us for this quick trip. Nothing spectacular but I would for sure do it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando, Florida. We are a first-class Walt Disney World Good Neighbor hotel less than one mile from the main Disney entrance. We offer free scheduled shuttle service to the theme parks and are only minutes away from world-class shopping and restaurants including the House of Blues and the Disney Market Place featuring nightlife and entertainment. Epcot, Sea World, Universal Studios and City Walk are all within 10 miles. This Orlando hotel is in the heart of Central Florida attractions and near the Premium Outlet Shopping Center and Mall of Millennia. The Comfort Inn is ideal for children, adults and corporate guests. So come start your day with our delicious complimentary breakfast featuring Mickey Mouse waffles, eggs and sausage. We also offer free high-speed internet, a great outdoor pool with natural slide and entertainment area and lot's more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Orlando/ Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Lake Buena Vista Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Express Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Orlando